Voices from a distant star

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Voices from a distant star

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:29 pm

Voices from a distant star......Voices from a distant star........ok ive got no problem with a love story but did any also think that there'd be more ummm.whats the word that anime was lacking.......ACTION thats it. I rented this anime I saw the cover saw giant robots I thought action looked at the back...I saw a love story...thought wow an action love story why not check it out?? HORRIBLY MISS LEAD all it is is a love story like I said I dont have a problem with love but when you got GIANT ROBOTS WITH GUS on the cover the back of the case talking about martians wiping out the human race you'd expect at least one good action scene if not good just an action scene. No you get one shot and a beam blade cut..you know it was a good film but come on talk about false advertisment.Who else has seen this and thought about more action??....Once again thank you ,Gypsy, for helping me with my Avatars you dont know how much that means to me
Solid Ronin

Postby Razgriz » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:49 pm

Uh...well there was a thread about this topic on the Anime Review forum, but I personally enjoyed it as is.

I think excess action would ruin the point the director was making, and that was long distance relationships and waiting for that special someone, and not war.
Razgriz

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:36 pm

Sangoku wrote:Uh...well there was a thread about this topic on the Anime Review forum, but I personally enjoyed it as is.

I think excess action would ruin the point the director was making, and that was long distance relationships and waiting for that special someone, and not war.

Tech. it was a good film but it lead me on like a Love/action film. But im glad you enjoyed it
Solid Ronin

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews