Cowboy bebop:the movie

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Cowboy bebop:the movie

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:45 am

Any see the Bebop movie its frickin awsome!! Im sure someones already said this but o well.
Solid Ronin

Postby Gypsy » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:39 am

Yeah, the movie was pretty good. And I'm not even a huge Bebop fan. I just watch it for Ed (and to make fun of Faye). My favorite parts were: (don't worry - no spoilers!)

Ed > "Awww! Ed's hacking program broke!"

Faye > "Why were they trying to cure cancer in a vase?"

Jet > "And so ends another episode of wasting time with Faye."
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:52 am

Gypsy wrote:Yeah, the movie was pretty good. And I'm not even a huge Bebop fan. I just watch it for Ed (and to make fun of Faye). My favorite parts were: (don't worry - no spoilers!)

Ed > "Awww! Ed's hacking program broke!"

Faye > "Why were they trying to cure cancer in a vase?"

Jet > "And so ends another episode of wasting time with Faye."

lol lol lol yeah once again id like to thank Gypsy for helping me with the Avavtars. My fav. would be

Spike>"I love the kinda woman who can kick my @&*"

and yes anyone who replies to my little notes will get a reply just to let yall know
Solid Ronin

Postby Razgriz » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:41 pm

Yeah, it probably is one of the best anime movies that I've seen in a while.

(Minor Spoilers)

The best scene has to be the dogfight scene between Spike and the Mars airforce.

(End Spoilers)
Razgriz

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:38 pm

Sangoku wrote:Yeah, it probably is one of the best anime movies that I've seen in a while.

(Minor Spoilers)

The best scene has to be the dogfight scene between Spike and the Mars airforce.

(End Spoilers)

that was a good scene I think it was Spike vs. Vincent the first time they meet
Solid Ronin

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:06 pm

I do like the first Spike/Vicious fight. Of course, I haven't had a chance to properly view the final episodes, so I might change my mind.

Favorite Jet quote of all time:

I don't know and I have no opinion.
uc pseudonym

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:11 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I do like the first Spike/Vicious fight. Of course, I haven't had a chance to properly view the final episodes, so I might change my mind.

Favorite Jet quote of all time:

I don't know and I have no opinion.

Im talking about the best scene in the movie the serious WOW the last fight I almost cryed cause it was so sad lol JET IS FRICKIN AWSOME
Solid Ronin

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:19 pm

I rather enjoyed it as well. The girl who does Ed's English dub voice is entertainingly delirious.

Not much for Ein to do, however.

oldphil may[backspace][backspace][backspace]will have additional opinions.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:38 pm

shooraijin wrote:I rather enjoyed it as well. The girl who does Ed's English dub voice is entertainingly delirious.

Not much for Ein to do, however.

oldphil may[backspace][backspace][backspace]will have additional opinions.

The girl who does ED is kinda cute really
Solid Ronin

Postby Saint » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:38 pm

love the fights. (but, don't we all see butterflys anyway??? oh, i guess it is just not normal in the future. huh.)
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:51 pm

Saint wrote:love the fights. (but, don't we all see butterflys anyway??? oh, i guess it is just not normal in the future. huh.)

the fights are great
Solid Ronin

Postby Ashley » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:11 pm

Actually, I liked Spike a lot. That first opening scene in the movie cracked me up. Or the fight between Spike and Electra was great too. So which did you guys like better, the tv series or the movie? Plot wise, not length.
Ashley

Postby Saint » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:15 pm

TV... there were some funny, pointless episodes. :)
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:25 pm

Ashley wrote:Actually, I liked Spike a lot. That first opening scene in the movie cracked me up. Or the fight between Spike and Electra was great too. So which did you guys like better, the tv series or the movie? Plot wise, not length.

series I mean the movie was just an 2 hour episode of the series thats the way I look at it.
Solid Ronin

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:28 pm

Duo 02 wrote:series I mean the movie was just an 2 hour episode of the series thats the way I look at it.

When I get money and the time im going to buy the rest of the series and watch the whole thing though (il put the movie in between the ending episodes) any want to join in you Saint how bout you Lassie lol
Solid Ronin

Postby Spiritsword » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:42 pm

Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't say this, but I really wasn't that excited about the movie. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't really that great. I think I was expecting too much going in. I've only seen two anime movies in the theatre, and I left Spirited Away feeling much more like I had gotten my money's worth than when I left Cowbot Bebop. But I think the major reason I wasn't that thrilled by the Bebop movie was this:

Originally posted by Duo 02:

the movie was just an 2 hour episode of the series thats the way I look at it.

Exactly. I had watched the whole series already, and to me the movie was pretty much just a long episode with much of the same. So again, it was as good as a Cowboy Bebop episode, which isn't too bad, ;) but I didn't think it was anything special.
Spiritsword

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:50 pm

[quote="Spiritsword"]Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't say this, but I really wasn't that excited about the movie. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't really that great. I think I was expecting too much going in. I've only seen two anime movies in the theatre, and I left Spirited Away feeling much more like I had gotten my money's worth than when I left Cowbot Bebop. But I think the major reason I wasn't that thrilled by the Bebop movie was this:

Originally posted by Duo 02:

the movie was just an 2 hour episode of the series thats the way I look at it.

Exactly. I had watched the whole series already, and to me the movie was pretty much just a long episode with much of the same. So again, it was as good as a Cowboy Bebop episode, which isn't too bad, ]

Very good point ,Spirit, I love bebop so just the fact that something more can happen in a movie I mean with a series like Bebop,Escaflowne,and DBZ you cant make a MOVIE out of the series story line but what escaflowne did was remake it self so it was different and unlike Evangelion which is basical the same way but it was the end of the series so that made it Good. So I guess you just can make certain movie out of series.
Solid Ronin

Postby blue elf » Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:29 am

I thought the movie was good, but overall I think I liked the tv series better. I love the Spike and Vicious fights in the tv series, plus it's got some pointless, goofy, fun episodes that just make me laugh, but the movie was good too and Ed rocks! :cool:
-BlueElf
blue elf

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:32 am

blue elf wrote:I thought the movie was good, but overall I think I liked the tv series better. I love the Spike and Vicious fights in the tv series, plus it's got some pointless, goofy, fun episodes that just make me laugh, but the movie was good too and Ed rocks! :cool:
-BlueElf

SPIKE VS. VICIOUS ARE SO SWEET ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY MY GOD THOSE ARE GREAT FIGHTS..
Solid Ronin

Postby Ashley » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:24 am

Hey, can we try not to use the Lord's name that way? It's fairly offensive to some (most) of us. Ok? Grace, goodness, grief, etc.; those are fine. And I'm taking it you meant sweet like a sweet move or something, right? It's early, and I'm still waking up.
Ashley

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:34 pm

I liked the tv series better. Less of Faye (not by much, if you get the gist) and more of Ed. I also found it easier to ignore Ein in the tv series.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Spiritsword » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:45 pm

Awwww...poor Ein...
Spiritsword

Postby sheepdog » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:47 pm

yeah, Cowboy Bebop the Movie is the first anime movie i actually own, and i love every minute of it.

i need to track down the series on DVD, is that any good?
sheepdog

Postby Ashley » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:21 pm

Oh it's awesome! I saw the movie before the series and became a major bebop fan. And you can get the entire series for like, I think 30-40 dollars from Animeniacs, and it's like, tv-quality too. Suprisingly, the "bounty of the week" style of the TV show never gets old, and there are a few references to "events" in the movie. Actually past events dealt with in the movie; I'll leave it at that.
Ashley

Postby Benu » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:22 am

I just bought this. And It's my first anime DVD I bought. I just got a DVD player for my b-day. I wanted one so I could watch anime because nothing is on VHS anymore. But I loved the movie. I've only seen it once all the way through subbed. And all the special features. But I've always wondered what everyone in Bebop would sound like in there original Japanese voices now I know. But I gotta watch it again dubbed I've seen some of it dubbed, the only thing I don't like about the dub is the added cursing and sexual references.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby Fry-cook-boy » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:38 pm

I actually kind of like the movie better, I've only seen the first 6 episodes, but the scene on the train beats them all. The only moment so far in the show that even comes close to it is in episode 6 when Spike fights that bad guy in the church. One thing that may make me think differently, is that I have seen the movie only with subs, and I've seen the show only in dubs. Either way, they are both really good anime...
Sadly this signature has been deleted.
Fry-cook-boy

Postby Negotiatrix » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:11 pm

On the whole, is the movie story an upbeat one, or one of the gritty stories? I just finished watching session 13 (Jupiter Jazz pt. 2) and that has got to be the most depressing 30min. of TV I've ever seen! I like Faye and felt so sorry for her by the end! I prefer the more lighthearted episodes.
Negotiatrix

Postby Stephen » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:35 pm

I own both the movie and the series...and while I love them both...I think Vincent is far cooler then Vicious....can't say why really...I just found Vincent more....*shrug* villan like. As for the best fight scenes....tower fight in the movie...and the final fight of the series are my favs. Though Ed fighting with the drug peddler over the mushrooms was a fast paced edge of your seat fight too...:) As for Gypsys Faye hating ways...I can't say I agree...I thought she was a good char for the movie and series...perhaps more clothing would have been good...but, maybe I am just listening to the butterflys again....
Stephen

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews