Angelic Layer

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Angelic Layer

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:24 am

Ok, those of you from the other forum must know that it was only a matter of time before I started a post on this kick-butt series. I loved both the manga and the anime (which you can only get the subbed dvds, since no one has bought the rights to it yet). I also really liked the fact that the anime was just a more detailed version of the manga. All of the characters and personalities stay the same, but in the anime, you get the more in-depth view into their lives.
... wish I could play Angelic Layer for real. I hope they eventually bring in the translated GBA game, but it's highly unlikely since there is no dubbed version of the anime yet - only Tokyo Pop's manga.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Aibou » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:05 am

ADV Films licensed it more than a year ago.. I don't know what happened afterwards.

hehe, I haven't read the manga yet.. but I've seen the anime. It's very cute!! :lol:
//HBNU Creations// - Webmanga in the works!
//My DeviantArt// - Check my art ;D
//Everlasting// - My LiveJournal.
Aibou

Postby Ashley » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:36 am

From all two volumes I've read of the manga, it's suprisingly good! Nothing in the least objectionable---which, pardon the cynicism, is quite shocking for clamp---and it's refreshing to see a clean, innocent anime/manga series.
Ashley

angelic layer is great...

Postby WhiteÃ…ngel » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:49 am

I first looked into it for my daughter, but I really enjoy it...

I guess you can tell that by my avatar and sig huh....

great so far.. I can't wait to get more to watch..

I used to go to half price books and get them when all the college kids get out and sell their stuff. Since their bold stand on abortion, I don't shop there anymore.
WhiteÃ…ngel

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:13 pm

Icchan go boom!
Yeah, I like the avatar and sig.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby blue elf » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:11 pm

I still haven't seen the anime. I probably will eventually though. The manga was one of my faves though. I own all 5 volumes. I should probably thank Gypsy for that.:hug: Her posts at the old board were what got me really wanting to check the series out. I'd heard of it before, but wasn't really sure about it. I'm glad I decided to read though it can be addictive. ^^
-BlueElf (who has yet to draw her own angel, but will eventually)
blue elf

Postby madphilb » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:50 pm

I was going to pick up the graphic novel today, but they didn't have issue 1! Too bad too, the store is going out of business (it's a Walden's book) and everything except magazines was 15% off!

Oh, well.... I'll keep my eyes open elsewhere.

PHIL
madphilb

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews