A real christian anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

A real christian anime

Postby DragonSlayer » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:54 pm

I mean a real Christian anime made by a christian written by a christian(I belieive, I think). edit by a christian. as the story is as well. Just though I'd let you know that. Hope you like metal.
DragonSlayer

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:38 am

DragonSlayer wrote:I mean a real Christian anime made by a christian written by a christian(I belieive, I think). edit by a christian. as the story is as well. Just though I'd let you know that. Hope you like metal.

I'm sorry. I don't understand your point. Are you asking if there is such an anime or trying to make an observation other than that?
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:18 pm

I don't get it either. o.O
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby DragonSlayer » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:26 pm

[quote="ShiroiHikari"]I don't get it either. o.O[/

All anime shows. are not christian shows. This Anime show is meant for christians.
DragonSlayer

Postby DragonSlayer » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:27 pm

ShiroiHikari wrote:I don't get it either. o.O

Other animes arnt meant for Chistians. this one is meant for christians
DragonSlayer

Postby MasterDias » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:34 am

And what anime are you talking about exactly?
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby _bluerose_ » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:43 am

wait, maybe he's saying that there is a new show out called "The Anime Show"? ^_^ maybe this is just a riddle for us to play with...*walks out confused*
~Rose

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isa. 40:30,31
_bluerose_

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:14 am

Let's see if we can lift this fog of confusion. Alright DS, I've got two yes or no questions:

1. Are you looking for a Christian anime show?
--or---
2. Do you know of a Christian anime show and can't think of the name of it?
Link Antilles

Postby Zal-Utaon III » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:20 am

:shake: sad really
"Gha Bah Glab.. Bah Bah ha.. The Foolish Samurai" -Aku
Zal-Utaon III

Postby Jimmothy » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:32 am

Are you talking about Super Book? :drool: :drool: :drool: ???????
"Go with God's protection.....and hey, thanks for the apple"
Wolfwood
AIM: papervase
Jimmothy

Postby kingoleer » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:48 pm

Hey, why is it that the only Christian anime out there is Super Book? I think we need just a tad bit better selection of anime. Think how cool it would be if some of those bible stories were re-made in a more adult style anime.

No I don't mean with sex, with foul language, but think about it guys, especially in the old testament, those times were down right gruesome. Bloodshed at every corner, war all the time, I mean the Israelites didn't exactly live in the safest society.

But think about how an anime styled bible story could really cause some of those stories, chapters, books, to come alive!!

Just a thought.
kingoleer

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:16 pm

Superbook? EWWWW! Didn't they spend like a whole series chasing after some stupid dog through the bible??? :shady:

kingoleer wrote: Think how cool it would be if some of those bible stories were re-made in a more adult style anime.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sorry but whenever I picture Moses having great big anime eyes I can't stop laughing.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Aibou » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:30 pm

kingoleer wrote:Hey, why is it that the only Christian anime out there is Super Book?

Christian anime I have heard of:
- "In the Beginning" by Osamu Tezuka (Astroboy(first anime ever), Metropolis...) There was a thread about it, but I can't find it anymore. :dizzy:
- Superbook
- The Flying House

All of these anime cover the bible.

I'd like to see a Christian anime about life in this time..
//HBNU Creations// - Webmanga in the works!
//My DeviantArt// - Check my art ;D
//Everlasting// - My LiveJournal.
Aibou

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:56 am

ummmmmm WHAT show are you talking about all you told us was "Imean a real Christian anime made by a christian written by a christian(I belieive, I think). edit by a christian. as the story is as well. Just though I'd let you know that. Hope you like metal." is metal the name come on out with it
Solid Ronin

Postby DragonSlayer » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:05 pm

Jimmothy wrote:Are you talking about Super Book? :drool: :drool: :drool: ???????

Ok guys I dont know the name of it but. If you know what metal music is this will be a lot easier for you to understand. Their are christian bands that sing Metal music. here are some liveing sacrafice, Demon Hunter, Extol. And there a person who likes this music and is a christian. He is a Pro Media person, he can put together animes. and he likes anmie so hes making an anime based off metal music. christian metal music. and this is going to be a christian anime
DragonSlayer

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:09 am

Doesnt sound to good..
Solid Ronin

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:21 pm

I'm interested, though it doesn't really sound like my type (the less episodic, the better). Of course, in this industry, I'm kind of forced to at least look at any Christian products.
uc pseudonym

idea

Postby Niyana » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:10 pm

Here is an idea....I am an aspiring artist, and I assume at least a handful of you guys or more are aspiring artists as well, why dont we all go in together and come up with our OWN online manga that is Christian. XD I have really wanted to do that in the past, I just am not good with stories. Anyone have a good story idea?? What do you guys think?
~Niyana
"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether
well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything
through Him who gives me strength."
~ Phillippians 4:12-13

Niyana

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:43 pm

I think that you need to connect with our good people down in the projects section. You have two options open to you that I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Pilgrim's Progress- official CAA project, in need of artists and all that. You'd get more than an idea and plot, with some of the writers you'd get storyboarding and things. We need artists, too.

2. The Fall- shameless plug by me. Have you by any chance read my stories? I storyboard manga versions. Someone already has the title story claimed, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be more.

Talk to the administrators if you want to help on anything.
uc pseudonym

Postby DragonSlayer » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:49 pm

I've been working on a storyline with a friend, its a christian storyline although he may not want me to put it into a manga, Oh HE HATES ANIME WITH A PASSION, that why, if you were here back then he posted the anti-anime thread, anyway we've come up with apretty good storyline so far and I'll talk to him.
DragonSlayer

Postby shooraijin » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:29 am

> I've been working on a storyline with a friend, its a christian storyline although he may not want me to put it into a manga, Oh HE HATES ANIME WITH A PASSION

Why? He dislikes it stylistically speaking?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:50 am

Niyana wrote:Here is an idea....I am an aspiring artist, and I assume at least a handful of you guys or more are aspiring artists as well, why dont we all go in together and come up with our OWN online manga that is Christian. XD I have really wanted to do that in the past, I just am not good with stories. Anyone have a good story idea?? What do you guys think?
~Niyana

Heh. I'm slipping and sliding all over the place trying to get on top of all the mountain of group projects for CAA. And I'm always scanning the boards for posts like these! Expect to be asked to join a project soon!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:45 pm

Hmm... You guys do know that we are a minority within a minority... US anime fans who are also CHRISTIAN? We have no voice whatsoever... There are entire groups of anime fandom out to bash Christianity and entire groups of Christians out to destroy all anime... So someone working on a Christian story who is anti-anime is really not that hard to imagine...
Bobtheduck

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:02 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Hmm... You guys do know that we are a minority within a minority... US anime fans who are also CHRISTIAN? We have no voice whatsoever... There are entire groups of anime fandom out to bash Christianity and entire groups of Christians out to destroy all anime... So someone working on a Christian story who is anti-anime is really not that hard to imagine...

It sure does make life interesting though.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Zal-Utaon III » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:21 pm

cool. im a minority. :grin:
"Gha Bah Glab.. Bah Bah ha.. The Foolish Samurai" -Aku
Zal-Utaon III

Postby madphilb » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:45 pm

Zal-Utaon III wrote:cool. im a minority. :grin:

That should most likely be a faction of a minority! And that makes two of us! :grin:

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Ashley » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:39 am

the tag for quoting is
[_quote]blah blah blah said Ash[_/quote]

just take out the _
Ashley

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:41 am

Of course, there is more complicated code you can do. Just reply to any message and you'll see it. This way you can get the person's name looking nice and everything.

Who's question are we answering?
uc pseudonym

Postby Niyana » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:01 pm

Yeee! I would love to help out with a project!! I want so bad to do work for God. I know that if it is God's Will it will be blessed no matter how improbable it seems to be at the moment. And I am actually inspired because there is NO Christian Anime out there. There is one anime I heard of that portrays the story of Jesus in like 4 mangas or something, but even that I havent heard much review of. I would love to work on a manga story. I am interested in your guys ideas. So let me know what is going on!
~Niyana
"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether
well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything
through Him who gives me strength."
~ Phillippians 4:12-13

Niyana

Postby firestorm » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:20 pm

Niyana wrote:Yeee! I would love to help out with a project!! I want so bad to do work for God. I know that if it is God's Will it will be blessed no matter how improbable it seems to be at the moment. And I am actually inspired because there is NO Christian Anime out there. There is one anime I heard of that portrays the story of Jesus in like 4 mangas or something, but even that I havent heard much review of. I would love to work on a manga story. I am interested in your guys ideas. So let me know what is going on!
~Niyana

Well the story I'm working on the story I'm working on "The ChainWalker Legacy is not directly Christian in the sense that the story is not out of the Bible but it will be a christian story none the less I might need help on this so if you want and if the administrators will let us maybe we can get enough people to make this a project, or even later after we graduate we could turn into a real company under the CAA namesake, again if the administrator's let us. I know some people who would be glad to help with some character design's I'll give the story line and continually give some of the Design's that I have and I'll even do the lay outs if I have to. I'm really looking for a project as much as you so why not we work together and try to get the administrators to make this into a project. I know this sounds big but I think we can do it if we try.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews