Big O music

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Big O music

Postby Game Master » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:23 am

Does anyone know where I can find the opening theme for Big O? Thanks. :?:
God Bless. ~the Game Master :cool:
Game Master

Postby Game Master » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:04 am

Never mind.
God Bless. ~the Game Master :cool:
Game Master

Postby MillyFan » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:33 am

The opening theme? Have you been sitting out in the sun too long?

That is the most annoying noise I can think of, aside from maybe listening to my dog bark for hours, listening to an unattended car alarm, or an interpersonal war breaking out while I'm trying to sleep.

I would like to know where one could find the closing theme "And Forever" legally though. Now that's good music.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:10 am

> The opening theme? Have you been sitting out in the sun too long? [yoink]

C'mon, Milly, don't be vague or anything. ;)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby inkhana » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:22 am

It wasn't the greatest song, at least to me, (it might've been okay if you took out the words) but I personally found the ending to Cyborg 009 more annoying. Sounded like synthesized chipmunks...hehe...

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby BrianC » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:38 am

inkhana wrote:It wasn't the greatest song, at least to me, (it might've been okay if you took out the words) but I personally found the ending to Cyborg 009 more annoying. Sounded like synthesized chipmunks...hehe...

I actually liked the ending theme for Cybog 009. I like Alvin and the Chipmunks too.

Millyfan, people have the right to an opinion and I like the Big O theme. The last thing people want to hear when asking to look for something is people critizing it. I don't know where to find the theme song, but you might want to check music stores online to see if they have a Big O soundtrack. If there is a soundtrack, it would most likely have the theme song on it.
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Postby Gypsy » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:44 am

I liked the music on the last episode of the first Big O series. When RD's chasing him around. That's the only Big O music that stands out in my mind.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:47 am

BrianC wrote:I actually liked the ending theme for Cybog 009. I like Alvin and the Chipmunks too.

Millyfan, people have the right to an opinion and I like the Big O theme. The last thing people want to hear when asking to look for something is people critizing it. I don't know where to find the theme song, but you might want to check music stores online to see if they have a Big O soundtrack. If there is a soundtrack, it would most likely have the theme song on it.

Ill second last Brain I like the Big O theme kind freaked me out some time I like that lol
Solid Ronin

Postby sskg0tt0 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:08 pm

anyone ever see that 80's movie "flash gordon" with the music done by "queen"
if you have youll know what i mean when i say the "flash" song anf big 0's theme are very very nearly the same.im not a big fan of the theme song from big o,but i listen to it sometimes just cause its sooo strange to hear the japanese version of queen lol

and for the record i do like the 009 ending.though the 9 minute version is a tad bit long :hits_self
sskg0tt0

Postby inkhana » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:02 pm

What is so scary is that my mom was telling me the same thing...O.o And you're right, they do sound VERY similar....very very similar.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby MillyFan » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:58 pm

Yeah, that is odd. Of course, I've never seen "Flash Gordon" so. . .

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:01 pm

I have the Flash Gordon theme (by Queen) but I've never seen Big O. Would people like an .mp3 clip of the relevant portions for comparison?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Negotiatrix » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:33 pm

Anyone else notice that Act 14 used music from Blade Runner? It's during the fight scene. In fact, the whole fight scene is just like the fight at the end of Blade Runner btwn Harrison Ford's character and Daryl Hannah's caracter. And course, there's that whole human-android love thing going on in Blade Runner too! If you haven't seen Blade Runner you really must. It's basically live-action anime!
Negotiatrix

Postby Negotiatrix » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:36 pm

Negotiatrix wrote:Anyone else notice that Act 14 used music from Blade Runner?

Oops! I meant Act 15!
Negotiatrix

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:55 pm

> It's basically live-action anime!

You know, that's probably the most apt description of it I've ever heard.

shooraijin

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews