What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:16 pm

I recently finished Jujutsu Kaisen, found it a typical story that shows some promise depending where it goes from here, had a friend show me the Demon Slayer movie which has me definitely interested in continuing further, and tried to get into Reincarnated as a Slime but find my interest trailing off.

Kinda hanging in limbo at the moment, but I'm debating giving Bungo Stray Dogs, which was suggested to me a while ago, a shot.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Kaori » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:02 am

Rose Faerie wrote:Twelve Kingdoms is pretty interesting, and all of the characters' actions are pretty believable. I'm really looking forward to Yoko's character development.

Awesome! I hope you'll keep sharing your thoughts as you watch more of the series--it's one that I really enjoyed a lot!
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Rose Faerie » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:21 pm

I'm about halfway through both shows, and I love them both. Twelve Kingdoms in particular is amazing! The world building is very creative and the character development is incredible. It really is a well-written series. It's quickly becoming a favorite. Kobato is still cute and wholesome, though I feel some drama brewing. Ioryogi's backstory added a lot of depth to the story and his character.
Rose Faerie

Postby Kaori » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:30 am

Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it. ^^
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.

MAL
Kaori

Postby Rose Faerie » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:37 am

Currently watching The Case Study of Vanitas. It's awesome. I like creative vampire lore and the general steampunk aesthetic. For some reason, it reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist. I don't know why, though...
Rose Faerie

Postby Kaori » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:36 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Every child and half of the adults I know are obsessed with Kimetsu. I mean, it's not a bad show, but I can't really identify what makes it soar so drastically above the ranks of other anime of its time.

Just finished this (TV series season 1). I think maybe what makes this show so incredibly popular is the way that it really resonates with cherished cultural values--the way the main character is so firm and unwavering in doing no matter what it takes, no matter how hard and painful things are, for the sake of the person who's important to him.

That, and the storytelling, animation, and music are all incredible. Seeing that this is what the TV series is like, I'm very much looking forward to watching 無限列車 (the movie) when I get a chance.

MAL
Kaori

Postby agasfas » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:54 pm

I am A little behind on my anime watching. However, I am currently Catching up on My Hero Academia (Season 4).
agasfas

Postby shooraijin » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:38 pm

Well, welcome back.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Rose Faerie » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:54 pm

I'm currently watching the simulcasts for Blue Period, Demon Slayer Mugen Train Arc, and I'm starting Komi Can't Communicate today. They're on Netflix and Hulu, so I figured I'd give them a shot. I've also started March comes in like a lion, which is amazing and well written and Kimi ni Todoke, which is the most wholesome romance anime I've ever watched. I completely and wholeheartedly ship Sawako and Kazehaya. They're very cute.
Rose Faerie

Postby Kaori » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Mugen Train (the movie).

Well worth starting a 14-day free trial to be able to watch this movie once or twice. ;) Well-told, with excellent production values, and extremely heart-rending.

Also watched just the first episode (so far) of the Mugen train arc. やっぱり、I kind of get the feeling that ufotable was right in judging that this arc would be better suited to a movie than to a TV anime series . . . however, I really enjoyed all the hashiras' impressions about 煉獄さん。^_^

MAL
Kaori

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:46 pm

Komi Can't Communicate is so adorable. I eagerly await a continuation. I'm also extremely curious how the English version handles people's names (I've only watched on Netflix JP).

I'm finally getting back into Haikyuu!! Started watching it with my sister years ago and only got partway into the second season. As someone who played v-ball from elementary thru high school and wishes I'd pushed myself to stick with it, I get so many feels from this show. Absolutely love the animation.
Also watching 86. I like it and I don't. It's complicated.

Rose Faerie, if you haven't seen it I highly recommend My Little Monster. And Orange. Everyone in the world should watch Orange anyways.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Rose Faerie » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:37 pm

I read most of the manga for Orange and I loved it! I am definitely going to watch it once I get around to it!

I need to finish Haikyuu!! as well. Netflix only had the first two seasons, and I liked what I saw.

I finished Mugen Train and am all caught up with Komi Can't Communicate. I look forward to the final episode being released. It's surprisingly really relatable and struck a lot of chords with me, regarding social anxiety and selective mutism.

The Mugen Train arc was very cool, and the ending was sad, but satisfying if that makes any sense. I did think the fight between Rengoku and Akaza was really well done. The animation and music were really well done and atmospheric. I do feel like the movie is probably better, since this is all one big fight, and it would be better to see it all in one go, than one segment at a time.

I don't really like Blue Period that much, though. I was excited at first because it was about art, but I would have preferred it to have been more of a slice of life than whatever the heck is going on. I guess I'd rather watch him progress as an artist more gradually than the time skip stuff. I also don't care about any of the characters and can barely ascribe a couple of personality traits to a few of them. I know Blue Period is popular though (at least the manga is). I don't think it's bad, just not my cup of tea.

I also loved the Sailor Moon Eternal movies. They were really good, unlike Sailor Moon Crystal. The dub reminded me of the Calico Critters show on Netflix that my little sister watches... so that kinda pulled me out a little bit. I did like the story telling and animation. The outer guardians have really nice looking attacks. I've heard Sailor Moon Super S butchered the Dead Moon Circus arc, so I think this could be a good alternative. Chibi-Usa is less annoying in this than the 90's anime, so that is a bonus.
Rose Faerie

Postby Rose Faerie » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:54 am

Well, I've started Orange and My Little Monster, and I've liked both of them so far! I wouldn't have tried My Little Monster without your recommendation, so thank you!
Rose Faerie

Postby Rose Faerie » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:15 pm

Well, I have been watching Natsume's Book of Friends, which I love enough to consider a favorite. Season 4 made me emotional near the end! I have been stuck on season 5, though. I have a lot of shows that I'm sort of stuck on at the moment, outside of anime, as well.

I also watched Sk8 the Infinity with my sister, and we both loved it. I don't know if it was just the dub, but the first half was the funniest thing I'd seen in a while. It was definitely a breath of fresh air. Then the second half just whips out the drama. The antagonist's secretary ends up with a super complex backstory, which was surprising but pleasant.

I also got caught up with The Case Study of Vanitas, which was super good. I don't feel like writing an analysis here, since I went into a lot of detail in my review. I was just extremely impressed with the character development. I also really loved the way the romance went this season. This show is definitely also a favorite. :)

I always feel guilty when I give series 10's because I know the newest 10's are always going to appear at the top, and I don't want that to be taken over with my personal taste. XD I guess I'm the main reviewer now, though, so it can't be helped.
Rose Faerie

Postby agasfas » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:56 pm

Wow, it has been awhile. Recently caught up with My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer.

Also, recently watched Netflix’s Record of Ragnarok. It was decent.
agasfas

Postby agasfas » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:00 pm

Watched the First Slam Dunk Movie a few weeks ago in theaters. The animation was mainly done in CGI, which I thought would be odd. However, surprisingly the animation style worked. Great movie.
agasfas

Postby Vagabond1972 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:36 am

agasfas wrote:Watched the First Slam Dunk Movie a few weeks ago in theaters. The animation was mainly done in CGI, which I thought would be odd. However, surprisingly the animation style worked. Great movie.

Does the first slam dunk have any correlation to Takehiko Inoue's Slam Dunk?
Vagabond1972

Postby Sir Scaravich » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:21 am

I am watching Azumanga Daioh. Really interesting show, I guess.
Sir Scaravich

Postby shooraijin » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:51 pm

It can be very entertaining. Never finished it, probably should at some point.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Sir Scaravich » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:02 am

shooraijin wrote:It can be very entertaining. Never finished it, probably should at some point.

I watched 5 episodes of Azumanga Daioh. While there are some parts that I actually enjoyed, on episode 5, I'm not really a fan with the swimsuits and all that jazz (¬_¬ ). I'll keep watching it 'till the end though, even after this unfortunate event.
Sir Scaravich

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews