What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:04 pm

Rev. Doc wrote:Keep you heads where they are. I apologize. This title is very similar to another that is being released and I got the two confused. Sad to say, Full Moon wo Sagashite is not licensed for release. I'll have to start downloading some fansubs I guess in order to see this one.

:waah!:

One day!! One Day!! It'll happen one day!

*sniff sniff* Well, what's the similar title? Maybe I'd like it.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:46 pm

Oh, that's fine, don't worry about it. I think I know which similar titled anime you saw because I did the exact same thing to Ashley once. And it wasn't a very nice anime if I remember correctly ... anyway, Rev, whichever fansub I have has and excellent, excellent translation. Everything is consistent, there's no "engrish" - making it one of the most professional fansubs I've ever seen. I'll check it out later and let you know who made them.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:47 pm

Yeah, There's atleast one good fan sub out there. The one I watched was really good.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ichigo_89 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:08 pm

Currently watching

Rorouni Kenshin ep. 55
Last Exile ep. 2
Trigun ep.3
Nadesico ep. 5

So far, I'm extremely impressed with Last Exile. It's WAAY better than the reviews and looks alot better than previous Gonzo Studio titles such as Blue Submarine No.6!
Trigun is very funny, and very cool as well. I recommend that as well. ;)
Ichigo_89

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:00 am

Mangafanatic wrote: Well, what's the similar title?

Full Moon ni Sasayaite. I believe it's a series about werewolves and vampires.

Gypsy wrote:anyway, Rev, whichever fansub I have has and excellent, excellent translation. Everything is consistent, there's no "engrish" - making it one of the most professional fansubs I've ever seen. I'll check it out later and let you know who made them.

That would be greatly appreciated Gypsy. Thank you.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Galant » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:55 pm

Just saw Princess Mononoke last night. First anime I've seen in quite a few years, not including occasional episodes on Toonami!

Not bad, but the storyline wasn't as impressive as I'd expected. Perhaps a little too quasi-religious for my tastes. Didn't really get much from it.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Adopted by Starfire!

OATS - for Shoobie goodness!
Galant

Postby awsam007 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:22 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Well, aside from that, I just finished episodes 16-20 of Last Exile (And if they try to put the last six episodes on two disc, I'm gonna hurt someone.)

Time to start hurting people because according to this: http://www.animeondvd.com/releases/releases_by_date.php there are in fact two more volumes left (6 & 7) to make 7 volumes total. Gotta love that free enterprise system :thumb:
awsam007

Postby Godly Paladin » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:04 pm

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:12 pm

awsam007 wrote:Time to start hurting people because according to this: http://www.animeondvd.com/releases/releases_by_date.php there are in fact two more volumes left (6 & 7) to make 7 volumes total. Gotta love that free enterprise system :thumb:

Oh--my--gosh!!! AHH!!! Then there had better be more than 26 episodes!!!

Pay thirty bucks for three episodes? I will be hurting studio executives.

Mangafanatic

Postby Hikari » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:23 pm

I get in "must rewatch Noir" moods...because it's my favorite anime. Other than that, I rewatch Hana Yori Dango when a new DVD comes out. Nothing else right now, because my downloads are taking forever.
Hikari

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:08 am

Currently watching Stellvia volume 1.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby termyt » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:26 am

I'm interested in that one Doc, how is it? I'm currently watching Vandread (again), as well as Azumanga Daioh, Galaxy Angel, and Inu Yasha
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:14 pm

termyt wrote:I'm interested in that one Doc, how is it? I'm currently watching Vandread (again), as well as Azumanga Daioh, Galaxy Angel, and Inu Yasha

After watching volume 1 I give it a 9 out of 10 so far. A little about the series:

In 2167 Earth was devestated by a star light years away that went super nova. The electromagnetic wave of radiation left remaining humanity with the task of rebuilding. 186 years later we see that they have done a very good job. However, there is a second wave fast approaching. A young girl named Shima is on her way to Stellvia, somewhat of an interplanetary university. Shima is a computer wiz. But what she has advancing in that area she lacks in talents as a pilot (which is what she really wants to do). There are a number of these outposts similar to Stellvia which are all making preparations to block this second wave.

Volume 1 deals with Shima settling in to her new home and meeting new friends. I must say that I really enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. In the first 4 episodes I witnessed no fanservice and one character swore once and that was pretty much it in regard to language. The mix of computer graphics in the title reminded me very much of Vandread. It was very well done (used mostly with the space shots of Stellvia, the earth, and piloted spacecraft).

The interaction between Shima and her new friends and superiors was very entertaining. I have to say I'm looking forward to collecting this one.
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Zedian » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:30 pm

Right now I'm getting ready to watch the new Ghost in the Shell, than it's off to see some Naruto on my PC.
Zedian

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:21 pm

Just finished Kaleido Star, Vol. 3 and will start watching Vol. 4 when my daughter wants to watch it with me.

Nurse Witch Komugi, Vol. 2. Okay, this is very funny. (^^)

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby panegryst » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:32 pm

Naruto ep. 103
Initial D Fourth Stage ep. 1
Jing King of Bandits in Seventh Heaven OVA 1
Wind ~a breath of heart~ ep. 13
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby dragonshimmer » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:49 am

Gypsy wrote:Good series, ne? Look for an offical CAA review for the series soon. ^^

I am currently watching Nadia. It's a very engrossing series.

Yes it IS a wonderful series! :grin: Yay! A review! I'd better wait until AFTER I watch it all though. No spoilers!! :D
dragonshimmer

Postby blue whisper » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:16 pm

I am currently watching .hack//sign and randomly any anime show (when I stay up that late)

.:: Romans 8:28 ::.
ImageImage
blue whisper

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:02 pm

At the moment, Inu-Yasha is the only anime I'm watching regularly. I was watching Gundam Seed kind of regularly, but kind of fell out of that habit. Other than that, I watch Wolf's Rain, Duel Masters (to laugh at the self-destructing dub) and Lupin III on occasion, and I re-watch Cowboy Bebop and Digimon whenever the mood strikes. Oh yeah, and I've seen the first half of Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water; the rest will follow when I can afford the other box.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:26 pm

Elfen Lied ep.5-6
Naruto ep.102-103
DearS ep.9
Elric_kun

Postby HikariChan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:40 pm

PpX3 ep1-5
Neo Ranga Disc 1

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:36 pm

Let's see I generally watch:
Pokemon
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Digimon
Anime Unleashed(currently it's Gatekeepers 21)
Inuyasha
Case Closed
Cowboy Bebop
Dual Masters
Ravemaster
Dragonball GT
Gundam Seed
Wolf's Rain
and will be watching Full Metal Alchemist and Ghost In The Shell when
AS adds them to the schedule. :)
mitsuki lover

Postby Elric_kun » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:06 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist ep.51
Elfen Lied ep.7-8
Elric_kun

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:07 pm

currently on:

Trigun .19 (this series is actually really good! Seriously. I'll give a full rave soon)
Kenshin .63 (so far, it's been extremely intense and AMAZING!)
Last Exile .7 (Animation is wonderfully beautiful)
Nadesico .9 (lots of comedy, decent animation)
Ichigo_89

Postby Elric_kun » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:46 pm

Elfen Lied ep.9-11
Elric_kun

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:08 pm

Ghost in the Shell SAC disc 2, FLCL and Dual!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Elric_kun » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:59 pm

Mai HiME ep.1
Bleach promo
Elric_kun

Postby Gypsy » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:07 pm

Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water season 1
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:13 am

Sentimental Journey which is a 12 episode 2 DVD set.
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Elric_kun » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:58 pm

DearS ep.10-11
Bleach ep.1
Elric_kun

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews