What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Kura Ookami » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:39 pm

ZOE Doleres eousodes 6-10
Kiddy Grade episodes 4-6
Absence is to love as wind is to a flame. It extinguishes the little, it ignites the great.

Life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been real life you would have have been instructed where to go and what to do.

When i argue with reality I lose.....But only 100% of the time.

Once you've decided on a course of action, only you can finish it. As long as you remember that, there's nothing you can't accomplish.
Kura Ookami

Postby true_noir_chloe » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:00 am

Just saw Bleach, ep. 1. I know I am going to like this one a lot!

I saw somewhere that Rev.Doc just watched Sentimental Journey. I rented that last week, and I was impressed by some of the stories and thought overall it was a sweet group of 12 shoujo stories. What did you think, Rev.Doc?

Also, just rented Eden's Bowy and watched most of Vol. 1. I'm about to watch Vol. 2.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Elric_kun » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:54 pm

Soukyuu no Fafner ep.8-11
Elric_kun

Postby Elric_kun » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:18 am

DearS ep.12
Prince of Tennis ep.66-70
Elric_kun

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:41 am

Currently on

Kenshin. 70
Nadesico. 13
Last Exile.11
Ichigo_89

Postby Elric_kun » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:22 pm

Gundam SEED ep.1-5
GITS: SAC ep.5-8
Elric_kun

Postby panegryst » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:15 pm

Bleach ep. 1
Yamamoto Yohko ep. 4
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby ashfire » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:04 am

I would have to say there have been many a anime I have seen to have a scene that would bring a tear to my eyes. From the death of a character to that help has arrived.
It may not be anime but I went to see Ladder 49 yesterday and as a firefighter it has its scenes that would bring anyone to tears. When you see John Travolta start crying because someone he help through his time in the fire service is about to die because he cannot be rescued.
ashfire

Postby RayneXE » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:14 pm

Im pretty cheap so I'm stuck watching anime on tv and anime movies on gasp action channel (I have cable) but ofcourse I can't get the anime channel on cox cable.
So i am stuck watchin cowboy bebop and trigun reruns, case closed and when i am watching my little brother Hamtaro and stuck on shonen magazine for manga
Praise God for every day.:angel:
Psalm 11:1 In the Lord I take refuge. How then can you say to me:"Flee like a bird to your mountains"
RayneXE

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:36 pm

IlvJesus2 wrote:Im pretty cheap so I'm stuck watching anime on tv and anime movies on gasp action channel (I have cable) but ofcourse I can't get the anime channel on cox cable.
So i am stuck watchin cowboy bebop and trigun reruns, case closed and when i am watching my little brother Hamtaro and stuck on shonen magazine for manga

You'd get SO much more out of it if you bought some really good Anime. I'd give U some suggestions if you PM me sometime. And I saw Ladder 49 as well. I could've bawled, but the theater was packed, so I held back. (Cause I'm no sappy guy most of the time)
Ichigo_89

Postby Elric_kun » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:53 pm

Hajime no Ippo ep.6-10
Elric_kun

Postby Mr_Anderson » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:35 pm

nothing really, i watch a few naruto episodes tho...
Shatterheart wrote:Sarcasm is like a butt...everyone has some...and some need to be kicked.
Mr_Anderson

Postby Nate » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:38 pm

I just recently finished watching Fruits Basket.

It was okay...I GUESS. It wasn't BAD, but I've certainly seen MUCH better anime. I really liked Ayame's theme music though.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Elric_kun » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:57 pm

Elfen Lied ep.12
Elric_kun

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:12 pm

Bleach ep.2
Prince of Tennis ep.71-75
Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko ep.1
Elric_kun

Postby Kura Ookami » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:32 pm

Serial experiments Lain eps 1-4
X The movie
Fruits basket eps 1-6

I just got these ones recently Serial experiments Lain is really confusing, but im enjoying it. Fruits basket might be from a girls manga but im a guy and im enjoying it so far.
Absence is to love as wind is to a flame. It extinguishes the little, it ignites the great.

Life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been real life you would have have been instructed where to go and what to do.

Once you've decided on a course of action, only you can finish it. As long as you remember that, there's nothing you can't accomplish.
Kura Ookami

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:06 pm

Elric_kun wrote:Bleach ep.2
Prince of Tennis ep.71-75
Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko ep.1

Okay, guys! I've figured it out!

Elric has found an break in the material of time. He and his anime (as well as a TV, Computer, and/or Dvd player, I suppose) and slipping into an alternate reality where time does not move, but actions and television watch maybe carried out normally! He regularly enters this place, watches anime, and returns the same minute he left!!!!!!!

It has to be true! How else could the man watch so much anime!!!???

(*Osaka's brain splits in two and she goes completely crazy. Not a far cry from what she was before, though.*)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:37 pm

-waiting for the final ep of Elfen Lied to come out
-going through Sailor Moon SuperS
-watching nice Digimon Adventure, Adventure 02, and Frontier (subs ONLY)
-Naruto
-One Piece
-Witch Hunter Robin
-Sonic X
-just finsihed Rig- er, I mean RG Veda
-Beet the Vandel Buster

and.... that's all for the moment!
Tenshi no Ai

Postby HikariChan » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:00 pm

Happylesson 1st disc
[Forgot the ep.]

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby dragonshimmer » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:58 pm

kaemmerite wrote:I just recently finished watching Fruits Basket.

It was okay...I GUESS. It wasn't BAD, but I've certainly seen MUCH better anime. I really liked Ayame's theme music though.

*Grumbles* I still have a bone to pick with you about your opinion on that, but I will let that go for now ;)

Right now, I am watching Love Hina, the English dub version. It's a pretty cute anime, and I really like the opening song!
dragonshimmer

Postby Ren_sama » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:00 pm

I'm going to see what Read or Die is like...my friend said it was good, so I'm going to watch it now...^^'
Ren_sama

Postby Debitt » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:02 pm

Ren_sama wrote:I'm going to see what Read or Die is like...my friend said it was good, so I'm going to watch it now...^^'

REN-SAMA~! :lol: I haven't seen you around lately! :hug:

Read or Die is a very amusing series in my opinion. :thumb: Very enjoyable.

Right now I'm waiting (very patiently, mind you) for Kyou Kara Maou DVDs to come out, since I can't download it anymore. >.O;

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:04 pm

[quote="Kokoro Daisuke"]
Right now I'm waiting (very patiently, mind you) for Kyou Kara Maou DVDs to come out, since I can't download it anymore. >.O]

Hmmmm. . . what's that about?

And yes, It's been forever since I've seen you around Ren-sama. Where have you been? ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Debitt » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:08 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Hmmmm. . . what's that about?

It's about a guy named Shibuya Yuri who gets flushed down a toilet (yes, you heard me right) and transported to a world where he's destined to be the maou (demon king). XD It's a cute series with catchy music, but Yuri accidentally gets engaged to another guy, so it's probably not for everyone.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Ren_sama » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:09 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:REN-SAMA~! :lol: I haven't seen you around lately! :hug:

^o^ :hug: Yea! I'm back! :thumb: My computer was broken, so I hadn't been around much... :forehead:

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:Read or Die is a very amusing series in my opinion. :thumb: Very enjoyable.

Oo! Okay, I'll take your word on it ^_^
Ren_sama

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:16 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:It's about a guy named Shibuya Yuri who gets flushed down a toilet (yes, you heard me right) and transported to a world where he's destined to be the maou (demon king). XD It's a cute series with catchy music, but Yuri accidentally gets engaged to another guy, so it's probably not for everyone.

Yeah. I have a moral objection to toilettes being used as a means of transportation. There are something I can take, but toilettes are where I draw the line. ;)

Mangafanatic

Postby Kura Ookami » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:17 am

Mangafanatic wrote:Okay, guys! I've figured it out!

Elric has found an break in the material of time. He and his anime (as well as a TV, Computer, and/or Dvd player, I suppose) and slipping into an alternate reality where time does not move, but actions and television watch maybe carried out normally! He regularly enters this place, watches anime, and returns the same minute he left!!!!!!!

It has to be true! How else could the man watch so much anime!!!???

(*Osaka's brain splits in two and she goes completely crazy. Not a far cry from what she was before, though.*)

He could have found some way of entering into the world of the wired and found someingenius way to make time slow down or even stop within his world in the wired. I dont understand it myself though osaka. Maybe he'll give us some clues as to how he does it? I, for one, would love to know. So tell us Elric.

Kura Ookami

Postby Shinji » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:35 am

Just trying to get into Sci-Fi Harry.
Shinji

Postby ZiP » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:27 pm

Trigun the second ep!
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Nate » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:31 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:going through Sailor Moon SuperS

My apologies. Well, I guess you do have to watch all of it for Stars to make any sense, but still...

Why couldn't the Amazoness Sisters turn into the Asteroid Senshi like in the manga? *Sigh* And why couldn't the outer Senshi and Hotaru-chan have been in it like in the manga?! Why did Hotaru-chan have the least amount of episodes of any of the Senshi?! WHY?! WHY DID YOU SLIGHT MY HOTARU-CHAN SO?!! YOU *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*! :mutter:

Uh, sorry about that... :red:

dragonshimmer wrote:*Grumbles* I still have a bone to pick with you about your opinion on that, but I will let that go for now ]
Oh, really? Well, anytime. BRING IT! :grin:

Right now, I am watching Love Hina, the English dub version. It's a pretty cute anime, and I really like the opening song!

:eyebrow:

In English?

My apologies.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews