What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby awsam007 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:45 am

Infinite Ryvius vol 3, (waiting for)Gundam SEED vol 2, Figure 17 vol 4
awsam007

Postby awsam007 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:50 am

panegryst wrote:Wind ~a breath of heart~ ep. 9

Hmm, never heard of that one - what's that about?
awsam007

Postby panegryst » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:30 pm

awsam007 wrote:Hmm, never heard of that one - what's that about?

Wind ~a breath of heart~ is a frankly ridiculous but harmless (and fanservice-less) romance show. The episodes are 10 minutes long each, so it's worth the (short) download time. When I say it's ridiculous, that isn't to say it's poorly done or off-the-wall; rather, the premise is crap. I find it... (*Looks around nervously*) heartwarming.

Right now, I'm watching...

Naruto ep. 101
Wind ~a breath of heart~ ep. 12
Windy Tales ep. 1
Full Moon wo Sagashite ep. 14
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby olorc » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:41 pm

Twelve Kingdoms
lastexile
trigun (always)
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby redefineym » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:51 pm

I watch:

PreTear(my fav!!!!)
Chobits
Edens Bowy
Azumangadioh (I spelt that wrong)
Slayers
Evangelion
and a couple others I cant remember
redefineym

Postby awsam007 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:59 am

Wow, has anyone seen the end of Figure 17 vol 3? I just got done with it and couldn't believe what happened at the end! :waah!: I wasn't even sure I wanted to keep watching after that, but once I thought about it I realized it was a piece of great writing and one of those moments when you realize, "that's why I watch anime".

Check out the spoiler below for what I mean.

[SPOILER]I can't believe Sho dies - and just after Tsubasa was getting to like him which was helping her come out of her shell [/SPOILER]
awsam007

Postby mai » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:19 am

Fruits Basket vol. 1 I think this is the 10th time....
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Gotjen » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:15 pm

Currently I'm watching Sonic X and Gundam Seed, and I'm rewatching Dragonball Z
Gotjen

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:24 pm

Last exile ep. 1-16. (Stinks that I have to buy SIX volumes to get 26 episodes.)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby agasfas » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:38 pm

I just bought a new dvd, "Here is Greenwood." I always wanted to see it and sense all the episodes are on one dvd i thought i might as well get it. I think i'll be good. :thumb:
-------------------
agasfas

Postby dragonshimmer » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:31 pm

Right now, I'm watching Full Moon Wo Sagashite. It's about a little 12 year old girl who has throat cancer, but her dream is to become a singer in order to reach out to the love of her life, who moved to the US. One day, the Shingimi ( kind of like angels of death) come to visit her to discuss her situation......BUT, she can see them! They let it slip that she only has a year to live, but they're willing to make it her best year ever. I won't say too much more, because I've given away enough as it is...anyway, it's a really cute and touching anime with good animation, and Takuto is the cutest! :dizzy:
dragonshimmer

Postby Angelchick » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:45 pm

Fruits Basket. ^_^ it's so cute. i just got the whole series for my birthday.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Locke » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:17 am

Fruits Basket.

t3h cut3n3ss...... 1ts....t00....much...
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:40 am

dragonshimmer wrote:Right now, I'm watching Full Moon Wo Sagashite. It's about a little 12 year old girl who has throat cancer, but her dream is to become a singer in order to reach out to the love of her life, who moved to the US. One day, the Shingimi ( kind of like angels of death) come to visit her to discuss her situation......BUT, she can see them! They let it slip that she only has a year to live, but they're willing to make it her best year ever. I won't say too much more, because I've given away enough as it is...anyway, it's a really cute and touching anime with good animation, and Takuto is the cutest! :dizzy:

Good series, ne? Look for an offical CAA review for the series soon. ^^

I am currently watching Nadia. It's a very engrossing series.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Kkun » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:46 am

I'm re-watching Gundam Wing for like the 823840263875628375238th time in the past six years. The dialogue gets cheesier every time. "So that's their little battle seed, all ready to sprout into new battles!" I have to fight the urge to choke Zechs every time I hear that line. I've tried to jump into my TV four times to do it.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:19 am

At the moment I am watching Omishi Magical Theater: Risky Safety.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:29 am

Rev. Doc wrote:At the moment I am watching Omishi Magical Theater: Risky Safety.

What do you think of it, Rev? It always seemed to teeter on the fence between cute and strange for me.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:56 am

Gypsy wrote:What do you think of it, Rev? It always seemed to teeter on the fence between cute and strange for me.

To tell you the truth, it is not what I was expecting. I had to take a double take a few moments ago as I looked at AnimeNation's age rating for the series which is: All. Sadly, it is peppered with mild language. There also seems to be an undercurrent of a darker theme that is hard to put my finger on. The overall task of Risky seeking the souls of individual's while viewed at times as humorous in her endevors has a tendency to be bleak at others. So much so that I would not show this to that same group that I would show a title like Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar to.

I am somewhat confused by the overall direction of the series. I supposed it would be Risky/Safety's dealings with the female lead, however, it continuously heads off in other directions focusing on a number of different side stories. Let me point out that I am only half way through volume 2 so this may change.

Teetering the fence of cute and strange is a good way to describe it. One episode I really like while the next just doesn't do anything for me. Plus the fact, while I don't mind the pitch of some anime character's voices, Safety's seem much to high pitched and strained.

I think, for me, the funniest moments are those just before the feature when Risky or Safety are warning about sitting far enough away from the TV. All of the sudden the picture will expand. One show Safety will say, "Oh look a cute kitty cat!" The next show will be Risky's turn who will say something like, "Hey look, a toilet!"

Overall so far I only give this one about 5 out of 10.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:08 am

I couldn't have worded it better myself. I was also somewhat disturbed by cute little Risky getting very gleeful and cheering for a melancholy (and very young!) middle school student to jump off a building. (She had no intention of it, but it was a tad unsettling). (Oh, and the puppeteer's dolls creeped me out too, but one must bear in mind that I get creeped out very easily.)

And I agree with you about not grouping it with Sugar. I was bothered with swears inside a "safe for all ages" anime too. Risky Safety is hardly on my lists of favorites (I have yet to bother tracking down the third DVD) but it's not what I'd classify as garbage. It's too unique to be a total "skip this" title but it's certainly an acquired taste.

The "Look! A toilet!" thing did catch me very off guard and gave me a good laugh, though. ^^ I certainly agree with giving it a 5 out of 10.
Gypsy

Postby LightUpTheDark » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:37 am

Well, since I'm waiting for the latest vol's of Getbackers, Kiddygrade, Kaleido Star, and Knight Hunters Eternity to be released, I was watching some Ranma last night. Ep. 7 from season 1, actually. That's one of my fav. episodes...." Enter Ryoga, the eternal 'Lost Boy'. He he he... Ryoga. gotta love him.

"Saotome, I will never forgive you! You stole my bread! You lousy theif!"-Ryoga, Ranma 1/2

Preach the Gospel at all time. If necessary, use words.

Me blog...
LightUpTheDark

Postby panegryst » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:46 pm

Full Moon wo Sagashite ep. 16
Naruto ep. 102
Melody of Oblivion ep. 2

and desperately awaiting Keroro Gunsou ep. 6...
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby oro! » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:09 pm

Rurouni Kenshin: Battle in the moonlight
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Elric_kun » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:14 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist ep.49-50
Prince of Tennis ep.41-55
Elric_kun

Postby Kura Ookami » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:55 am

Well, im eagerly waiting foir the seventh and last volume of full metal panic to be released in the UK and im currently rewatching Noir.
Absence is to love as wind is to a flame. It extinguishes the little, it ignites the great.

Life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been real life you would have have been instructed where to go and what to do.

When i argue with reality I lose.....But only 100% of the time.

Once you've decided on a course of action, only you can finish it. As long as you remember that, there's nothing you can't accomplish.
Kura Ookami

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:48 am

panegryst wrote:Full Moon wo Sagashite ep. 16

Good stuff, no?
Gypsy

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:10 am

panegryst wrote:Full Moon wo Sagashite

Can't wait until January 18th to get the region 1 release of this.
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:16 pm

Rev. Doc wrote:Can't wait until January 18th to get the region 1 release of this.

WHAT!? They're releasing Full Moon!?!? I don't believe it--- I *brain explodes*

*reassembles her brain* I've gotta check this out. Well, aside from that, I just finished episodes 16-20 of Last Exile (And if they try to put the last six episodes on two disc, I'm gonna hurt someone.)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:38 pm

Wow ... I need to get my head out of my own drawings and back into the magazines and new sites, because this is the first I've heard of it as well. Who's releasing it?
Gypsy

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:40 pm

Keep you heads where they are. I apologize. This title is very similar to another that is being released and I got the two confused. Sad to say, Full Moon wo Sagashite is not licensed for release. I'll have to start downloading some fansubs I guess in order to see this one.
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Elric_kun » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:04 pm

Prince of Tennis ep.56-65
Nurse Witch Komugi ep.3-5
Gravitation ep.7-10
Elric_kun

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews