The Cat in Trigun

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

The Cat in Trigun

Postby kingoleer » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:52 pm

Maybe this has already been covered, but can anyone explain to me the cat in Trigun, you know the one that randomly appears throughout the show? What I mean by explain is why is it in there? What purpose does it serve in the show? Does it have any special meaning in the cartoon itself?
kingoleer

Postby Ashley » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:01 pm

Kuroneko-sama!
Actually, it's my impression the cat's just like the superman thing in Seinfeld, or the beatles thing in the Simpsons...a funny inside joke to make the series more interesting.

If you're interested, here's a list of all the appearances made by the kitty: http://theotaku.com/trigun/catsightings.shtml
Ashley

Postby Rashiir » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:32 pm

What do you mean what purpose does it serve!?! Do you seriously think that people watch Trigun for any other reason than to see Kuroneko-sama!?!! That is definitely the coolest cat around. I mean, look at it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby kingoleer » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:35 pm

Haha, silly silly me

How could I not have known this, Lord I am such a noob!
kingoleer

Postby Retten » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:42 pm

GO! Kuroneko-sama! :thumb:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Psycho Ann » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:14 am

Kuroneko-samaaaa XD What are you fav. appearances, people? I like where Kuroneko-sama floats on the stream in the last episode XD
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Rashiir » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:31 am

How about when kuroneko-sama walks past the typewriter in EVERY EPISODE!!! As soon as I saw that, I knew Trigun was awesome.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby MillyFan » Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:41 am

St. Peter wrote:It is rumored that Kuroneko is the god of Planet Gunsmoke... which I think is totally absurd.

Favorite Appearance:
I always had my suspicions that you were no mere mortal, but I never imagined that you were actually... a cat.
Nicholas D. Wolfwood

When Vash leaves him behind, the cat comes and takes his place, but it appears that Vash turns into a cat.

That is one of my favorite appearances (it's my sig quote at otakuboards LOL!) and I'd say almost all my favorites are the Kuroneko and Wolfwood encounters (i.e. when Wolfwood pulls the cat out of his bag while looking for first aid items in episode 9, when Kuroneko stops Wolfwood from cheating at chess in episode 11, etc.)

However, the scene where the cat attempted to eat Vash's doughnuts and the scene where Milly found him in the garbage can was too funny too. . .as you can tell, I'm a huge Kuroneko fan.

As for theories, my theory is that there are more than one Kuroneko (since there was one scene showing one with kittens) and that the Kuronekos were some kind of science experiment aboard the SEEDS ship that got freed in the crash (because one makes an appearance on the ship in episode 17). And yes, I know I am a bored loser with not much to do.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Christianotaku » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:21 pm

the same things happens in chobits the yawning cat that appers at the end beggining or middle of every episode
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby Master Kenzo » Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:20 pm

Kuroneko never fails to crack me up. Favorite appearence: When Milly gets the homing thingy, which leads under the table - and the cat is there, with kittens! ^_^
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

That Cat Rocks!!!

Postby Benu » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:48 pm

Yea that cat rocks!!!! He's cool, that cat makes the whole show!!! :lol: Just kidding, But it wouldn't be Trigun without him!
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby MillyFan » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:45 am

I saw this really funny parody of the Meow Mix song that someone had written, with everyone in the cast singing a line defining their character's like in meter with the Meow Mix ad song and Kuroneko meowing backup :grin:

It probably wouldn't be allowed here for two (or was it three) lines that consitituted a hard-to-miss Wolfwood/Milly double entendre (although that was mild), but it was laugh-out-loud funny.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews