Neon Genesis Evangelion

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:03 am

LorentzForce wrote:first off, let this thread die. not like everyone here saw EoE anyway.

secondly, for example, does it mean your computer has the ultimate revelation properties if it has a cross shaped part in the circuit board? does it mean a tree that looks like a cross must have been 'affected' by God somehow, and He's giving you some message? i dont' think so.

NGE has no Christian or any other form of religion material in it other than symbols. it simply uses all the symbols from them, because it's 'cool', and does help confuse the storyline even further. that's why it takes so long for people who just saw it to argue endlessly over and over again with religious texts. me, after watching, discussing and thinking about it for like five years now, concluded that Christianity is just a 'trap' of confusion, where Anno intentionally placed it in order to confuse more so people won't even get it. after i removed all the religous background information, you can finally see where Anno's getting at, and why he made NGE like this. which i won't say exactly, because that'll spoil the fun :)

in fact, it's so simple if you take all the 'normal' thoughts out of it. i was amazed once again, and that's why i still like NGE. it seems complicated, but it issues all those problems and more at the same time. feels like compression... and it works! amazing...

thirdly, the lyrics are rather accurate. so are the titles. well, i won't tell you people why Shinji said 'I', but you can think about it and guess. it's not that hard.

hint: Shinji could answer the 'why?' question he craved since he was born.

NGE has no Christian or any other form of religion material in it other than symbols..um...Adam on a cross with a mask on that are surpose to be the 7 eyes of GOD..We also have EVE in thier..now it ture these are just names but in the End of evangelion doesnt Adam say "We are the words I love you".I saw watching the commentary (hope I spell that right) and even they made pointed out thing in the movie from the bible (that doesnt make them right but hey).Well if it was only symbols of the cross and not ADAM on one!!id say its symblos..And isnt the whole series about SEX
Solid Ronin

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:04 am

LorentzForce wrote:(i'll take stie as site)

that's a big no-no. almost all internet sources are people's opinions, which is NOT what Anno wanted. thus, it's safe to assume 99% of sites are wrong. well, right for the page-maker, but not the visitors.

No NO NO I got info. on the series it self not what people THINK (I have also seen a few episodes and the movies.
Solid Ronin

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:18 pm

You know what guys, I'm not trying to be evil, but that is quite enough. It's getting a little hot in here if you know what I mean. If you guys want to debate, please take it to PMs.

This thread is closed until further notice.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews