Infiltrate the media?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby nekomi » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:09 pm

Hehe... guess I should have posted some kind of an example, too. ^^;;;

Ways to increase/decrease speed of an animated motion:

Increase the time onscreen for each frame in a cycle. (For instance, in a cycle of four frames for walking, hold each frame onscreen for twice as long.) This can sometimes look jilted... it works mostly for dialogue and other effects.

Increase/decrease the number of frames in a cycle. (Again, in a cycle of four frames for walking, double the number of drawings to eight frames to make the action appear slower.) This gives a much smoother effect, but is definitely more time-consuming.

Thankfully, we can "cheat" with the animation program and slow/speed up the framerate for certain sections if we need to. ^_^ At least, I'm pretty sure we can... have to check up on that. ^__^ Anyhow, it's all trial and error. ^__^ That's where the pencil tests come in handy. ^____^ Til next time, God Bless ~ ^_____^
nekomi

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:20 pm

I feel so numb for completely missing this thread. Ever since I could remember, I've wanted to go into animation. I honestly can't think of anything I'd rather do than work with a team of others to make Christian anime, or any sort of Christian media for that matter. I'm a full time producer, and I'd be estatic to offer my video production skills. Also, this summer, I'll be learning Lightwave.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Rashiir » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:24 pm

I'll try and get to work on writing, since my drawings aren't too good (see avatar)...i've got a few ideas i'd like to play around with though, and i'll see what i can come up with... this is looking like we could really bust right here...
Rashiir

Postby madphilb » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:54 pm

There are several schools in my area that offer animation and computer animation courses/degrees. I had considered that at one point, but decided to persue programming (when I can get things together and get back to school!).

My fear was that I didn't have enough artistic ability to work with for any sort of "art" career. Now I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea, even if I just look into some art/animation courses rather than go for a degree. (It would be of use with some of the programming pojects I'm planning on completeing at some point :sweat: ).

Part of my problem is that I'm impatient, I want the final results NOW without the work... or something like that. I found with programming that I needed to make sure when doing those "learn C in 21 days" type of books, that I did all the assignments in the books, no matter how boring.

I don't think I'd ever be a great artist, but I think I have as much in common with artists (most of which seem to be right-brained) as more "logical" people (left-brainers like me).

Oh well....

I'd be happy to do what I can toward any projects. I'm all for being pro-active to sutiations (like the one(s) we've talked about).

BTW - I don't Photoshop, but I can be a bit handy with The GIMP, which is a good option for those who are strapped for cash, it's free. The down side to it (over PS) is that GIMP doesn't have a native CYMK format (only works in RGB), so it's not the best thing to use if you want to output for 4-color seperation (though it can export seperated images).

If nothing else I can pray. (like that's not a small thing, eh? :red: )

PHIL
madphilb

Postby nekomi » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:50 pm

Awesome!! I haven't checked the thread in a while, but it seems that things are still coming together! ^___^ Actually yep, I've worked with GIMP a little bit too... still more proficient at Photoshop, though. ^__^ We can definitely get something going... whenever anyone gets some ideas flowing, feel free to post. ^_____^ I'm not suited for this part of the project, but I'll gladly give my two-cents wherever possible. And I'm still open for character design. ^_____^ 'Til next time, God Bless ~ ^__^
nekomi

hmmm

Postby WhiteÃ…ngel » Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:09 am

I haven't read this thread in a while either....

I will help with what I can also.... drawing, storyboard ideas, character creation, writing..... and one thing i guess would be a good suggestion...

no body has mentioned maybe making our own song for the video... I am not a major singer or anything... but i am on the music ministry of my church and could help with something...

I was wondering if anyone has a local band or is in a music ministry at your church that can get together and make a video?
I don't have those options, but if you are near me.. i would help.
WhiteÃ…ngel

Postby Straylight » Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:38 pm

If you want dance music1cy stuff, ask me. there's a reason why there's a "dj" in "djnoz"
Sorry, that was very corny. :sweat:

I'm a music producer which means I design and arrange music -- give me any samples (vocal/instrumental/whatever) ideas and whatnot and I will throw it all together, or i'll even compose original stuff (tell me the mood/style and i'll sort something out)
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby nekomi » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:02 pm

Hi again guys ^_^

Ashley and I are busy getting a little demo together, just to see what we can do... my friend is starting work on the basic animation flipper/pencil tester tomorrow, so things are moving along at a nice clip. ^_^ Since a few of you are interested, anyone who'd like to post some song samples of your own for a "real" video would be appreciated. And if anyone has any ideas, please don't hesitate to post... character sketches, storyboards (even fragments), songs, etc. We just need to brainstorm to get something going. ^_^

One thing I forgot to mention last time: We need good background artists. ^^;; I have zero skill in the background/painting department, so if anyone here can paint landscape/backgrounds in a semi-realistic style using watercolor, oil pastels, acrylic paints, or CG, please let us know!! We're going to need you in this project.

Praying for success for this ministry. ^_^ Until next time, God Bless and have a wonderful week ~ ^_^
nekomi

Postby Benu » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:03 pm

I was going to save this till I wrote about myself in the Who's Who's form but I think this is the right time to tell you guys about well the minstry and vision God has givin me for my life. Well, I feel just so strongly about this vision and minstry. Well, I was watching End of Evangelion (I know, I know but I guess that was the only way God could get my attention at that time) yes I was freaked out by the whole thing. But after I saw it I just realized what made anime, anime. I was shocked that a cartoon made me feel so much emotion and these cheese left-behind movies and movies like that barely made me feel anything but laughter and "That's so fake the 666 was written on his hand with a sharpie" out of me. The first thing I thought was wouldn't it be so cool to make an anime movie with that much feeling and emotion about the end time. Imagine how many people would be saved if it made them feel so much emotion that they just let God deal with them after they see the movie. Well, I was just had this great vision of making a movie like that because for some people to come to the LORD they have to be shaken up and somtimes scared out of their mind to give their life to Christ. Now I'm not saying make one like EOE with ton's of graphic violence and nudity and such but to make one that will scare people but make them really think. Some people that I know in my church have told me that only reason they came to the LORD was because they saw one of those old end time movies when they were teenagers and they were so freaked out the gave there life's to God and now there saved, and also now some of them are ministers and just becoming great things for God. But I feel that we should put great anime films out there that just speaks loudly to people. As loudly as worldy anime speaks to us. I just have that vision and a vision to open a Game and Anime studio devoted to Christian Anime and Games and even Manga and yep even Christian J-pop and Rock(I know that may seem impossible but God has given me this vision so everything and anything God has said Will Come to pass) Whew!!! Well I just thought I'd share my Vision and minstry with you all.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby Benu » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:10 pm

Oh and I'm pretty good in doing stuff in Micromedia Flash (I don't think I'm close to professional level I'm still learing) but i do know a lot about the program and I pretty much know how to do animations and stuff with it so keep that in mind for doing animations and stuff if you guys ever want to do somthing with flash.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:29 am

> landscape/backgrounds ... CG

What type of environments? I have Bryce 5 here.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Master Kenzo » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:58 am

I have Bryce 5 too...rest assured, it's really kewl :thumb:
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby Kenchii » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:53 am

I'm here kinda late but, if anyone needs help on making a game just PM me. I can create three dimentinal movies images for games, and I know some programming.

About Bryce 5. I have Bryce the old, StudioPro, Lightwave, & Poser 3.5.
Bryce - 3-D backgrounds
Studio Pro - 3-D animations
Lightwave - Better 3-D animations
Poser - Creating 3-D people and making them move ect..

Christain games are coming up! :thumb:
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews