.hack//DUSK

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

.hack//DUSK

Postby Master Kenzo » Fri May 30, 2003 5:47 pm

TITLE: .hack//DUSK (Legend of the Twilight's Bracelet)
TYPE: Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk

SERIES PREVIEW: Rena and Shugo are siblings who win a mysterious contest allowing them special Player Characters in "The World", an online MMORPG. After entering into the world, they begin training, and Shugo is killed by a Level 48 monster called Armoured General in a beginner's field. He finds himself unable to logout of "The World", and and thinks he is dead. A mysterious figure named Aura appears and gives Shugo a bracelet with the ability "Data Drain", and transports him back to his twin sister, who is still being chased by the Armoured General. A man named Barmunk shows up and attempts to kill the monster, but after dealing the killing blow, the monster's gashes heal and it is back to full health...

MY TAKE: Awesome anime. It takes place in the not-to-distant future (2010), and is about a popular type of game today: MMORPG. There is some comedy that had me laughing hard, and the soundtrack is one to boast about.

WARNINGS: Rena, Ouka, and some other female characters have a lack of clothes, while not nude, are quite close to it. This issue is presented in the anime, and even joked at, as Shugo hits a guy that stares at his sister's PC (Player Character).

CHRISTIAN SUBJECT MATTER: The basis of the story is the apparent mystery of death. Near the end, there is a discussion that ensues, and the idea that death is only the beginning (which lines up with Christian belifs) is presented, as well as the idea of "sleeping forever" (which is not Christian). Magic is used by a crazy girl named Mileyu, but it does not involve demonic rituals or anything of the sort that I know of.

RATING: 9/10 Very funny, but females need more clothes.
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby WhiteÃ…ngel » Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:33 pm

I have always enjoyed .hack... all series and the games...

it is a love it or leave it kind of thing... some find it great and some find it boring.

I love teh anime, the game and I have the soundtrack that is great music to get your creative juices flowing.
WhiteÃ…ngel

Postby HeavensTek » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:48 pm

i really enjoyed .hack//sign...and .hack//liminality

i have the whole .hack//dusk series on disc somewhere....but i haven't had the time to sit down and watch it yet......

i should dig those out this weekend...
HeavensTek

Postby Kenchii » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:07 am

.hack//Sign is my favorite anime series at the moment. I wanna see Rah Xon episoides.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews