Japanese/Anime Music

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Japanese/Anime Music

Postby SangoKilala » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:46 pm

It's strange to some of my friends (But I guess it's because they don't like anime or something) but I like some Japanese/Anime music, I'm wondering if it's because some people can't stand it or not, even though I can't understand much of it, but I took a few courses and get what they're saying in some, but beside the point, I think Japanese music is pretty cool:)
SangoKilala

Postby YusukeUrimeshi » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:58 pm

i know that i'm probibly getting annoying at this point, but i like some of the anime theme music. some times they sound kinda funny. but I Like the ending song on the first season of inuyasha. I think thats one of my favorites. The MKR theme is cool too, well to me anyways. O the begining of cardcaptor sakura thats good too. :thumb:
YusukeUrimeshi

Postby IfIWereAnAsian » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:26 pm

This summer one of my friends held a Fruits Basket party and at the end she burned us all a cd of a bunch of songs from the series* it's a pretty cute cd.
And I know this is actually a movie, but I just love the soundtrack to Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away too!! :) hehehe

~<><
IfIWereAnAsian

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:00 am

I like J-rock. ::points to member title::
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby MillyFan » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:06 am

Yeah. . .I can see how they would dislike some (i.e. I absolutely hate the Big O opening theme, the end theme for Slayers Try, the final song in Cowboy Bebop called "Blue," and a few others. Screechiness and overrepetition are things I hate in anime music)

Among my favorite anime music is the closing theme for much of Cowboy Bebop ("The Real Folk Blues,") the closing theme for Big O ("And Forever,") the closing credits song for "Spirited Away," (can't remember the name), the song on the radio in Kiki's Delivery Service (again, can't remember the name), and the song that played in the final Wolfwood scene in Trigun (I think I'm the only person who doesn't know what that song is called, and although it was a bit creepy, I liked it).

I like many others, but those are some of my personal favorites. -^.^-

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:42 am

I Am from Inu Yasha was my fave...

I also like "La Soldier" from Sailormoon, but I'm not even sure it's in the show anymore... I thought I heard it in the show, perhaps when they fight nemesis... It's a cool song

Oh, and the opening to Chobits, the song from "Jungle wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu", Onegai Teacher theme, Voices from Macross Plus...

Oh, and my new fave is the opening from Rumic Theater... Wow, it's just great...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby sskg0tt0 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:56 am

hmmm speaking of anime songs
http://otto.blitzserve.net/otaku.htm
sskg0tt0

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:00 am

Gasp! I forgot about the Cowboy Bebop music....that stuff rocks...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:00 pm

I like J-Rock. For instance I enjoy listening to Gackt, L'arc~en~ciel, and I also enjoy Penicillin. There are very few songs I have heard from them, but they are good.
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby andyroo » Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:14 pm

Alot of the Cowboy Bebop music is the best. I've gotten used to the screechy voices in many of the songs to a point. And I don't mind the synth.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Technomancer » Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:56 pm

Definately Cowboy Bebop, although the music from .hack//sign and Haibane Renme is really good too. There are a few other pieces, like that choral bit from Noir.

In terms of more mainstream stuff (ie. not anime) some of Kitaro's work is really good, esp. anything from "The Silk Road" TV series. Definately worth looking for.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby MillyFan » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:10 pm

Love your site, sskg0tt0! In fact, I sent you an e-mail telling you what requests I have.

Is there any way to burn the music from there? I'd like to put Call Me, Call Me and The Real Folk Blues on a CD I'm making.

MillyFan

Postby Benu » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:04 pm

I like Anime and Japanese Music! I think Japanese music is the best better than anything over here in america not to say that there is not good music over here but I just don't like to listen to Popular stuff here In america because of course I'm christian and most of the stuff here is junk full of sin and sex and all that other bad stuff. So most of what I listen too is christian rock and the like, but I think christian music has been getting stale now I feel like most new bands that come out now just sound like everyone else and some of the older bands aren't really caring much about the music they put out now, I feel like some have lost the passion they once had for there music. But there are some great Christian bands that are coming out now that I love like Relient K! I love there whole comic music thing it's just fresh and new!!! And most of what I listen too also is parodys and stuff like that. Like Weird Al and such. But I think Anime And Japanese music are cool but yea some of it is just plain intolerable and annyoing. I don't mind the synth because I make my own techno music and I listen to alot of christian techno. But one I just Love is Joy Electric. Man JE is so cool! Most people won't like there music it's like going back to the 80's. But all the music is done on analog synth for a really surgery sweet sound. But I really think that If JE would put there stuff in Japan they would go mainstream or somthing they kinda sound like j-pop. Oh and that's also not to say that all music in Japan is clean and wholesome and good. Just like over here there is bad Japanese music too. But because Japan is mostly not christian there is no christian japanese music. So I have seen and heard. I really don't know if there really is some true to good honest Christian Japanese music. There could be.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:04 am

Good post man. :] I feel pretty much the same way you do.

O_O Joooy Eleeectriic. They're good!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby sskg0tt0 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:21 am

nope cant dl from that site,copyright issues.also to make them stream right all of them are in .rm format.that means big time loss of quality.i dont usualy do this but if there are a few your realy want,tell me and ill send em to ya.the original .mp3 versions that is.

oh and as to requests..i TRY to updated the site every monday...but sometimes its ever other monday :red:
sskg0tt0

Postby MillyFan » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:54 am

:) Thanks so much -^.^-

I want "Call Me, Call Me," and "The Real Folk Blues," from Cowboy Bebop as well as Noir's "Cante Per Me." (Although I haven't even seen Noir LOL, I love that song.)

Needless to say, I'd like my requests too. . .LOL, but if that's too much, just the first three. -^.^-

MillyFan

Postby sskg0tt0 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:01 pm

ok i pm'd with the addy for the songs
sskg0tt0

Postby SangoKilala » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:05 am

Hey thanks for your replies, Millyfan, I found out the song's name (Wolfwood one, the final scene) It's called "Rukuen Paradise" or however you spell it, I found it off of a website. I didn't know the name either :/ anyway, I totally hated the Big O opening too, it just drove me crazy! I don't like all anime theme music, but MKR music is pretty cute,
SangoKilala

Postby SangoKilala » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:09 am

I absolutley love the Noir music, I'm a particular fan of Kajiura Yuki's work, the music done in .Hack//Sign and Noir were done well, I really love the Canta Per Me song, I like the Salva Nos song as well, I own only vol. 1 of Noir and I've seen the .Hack//Sign series and rented vol.2 of Noir, I liked .Hack//Sign but Noir was better to me, I've read the story on Noir (Including spoilers) and I'm still looking forward to seeing more, anyway, to get to the point, I'm going to make a site for Japanese/Anime music and just needed some words on it, thanks! I have like sooo many songs I have to post them on a site, my friends sent me some really cool ones, and they're all up to be burned on a cd so I'll make the site soon and post the URL as soon as I can!
SangoKilala

Postby Staci » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:47 pm

Ooooh... anime music rocks! My fiancé burned me a copy of some of his anime favorites for when I traveled on the airplane to visit him several weeks ago.

Personal faves: some of the Sailor Moon songs ("Oh Starry Night", "Rainy Day Man", "My Only Love"). I enjoy the Japanese Record of Lodoss War opening and ending themes... Escaflowne's opening theme. Full Metal Panic's "Tomorrow" and the Blue Seed opening theme. I also listen to tons of the Final Fantasy songs. :thumb: Good schtuff!
Member of the CAA Book Club
Staci

Postby Namu » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:54 pm

I love anime music. I burned a whole CD with nothing but stuff sung by Japanese people. I really like the Ranma songs, the Shaman King songs, the Inu Yasha songs, and the King of Games songs. (Shuffle is so catchy!)

*is currently downloading "and forever" from Big O*
Namu

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:22 pm

Akaida wrote:Ooooh... Sailor Moon songs ("Oh Starry Night", "Rainy Day Man", "My Only Love").

How about "Sailor Moon" songs like "La Soldier" or "Ai no senshi"

Man... I bet if someone made modern style music and replaced the old music on "Bladerunner" there would be a riot... I actually like the songs on the Japanese Sailormoon, particularly in connection with the events. For instance, Heart Moving and it's connection to the last two eps (which became one episode in the US after all the death was removed and replaced with "kidnapping") "Mamochaaaaaaan... >wails uncontrollably<"

man, those eps are so sad... I think I actually have them on Tape, too. I need to watch them again, and have a good cry!

Yes... I AM really male...
Yes... I truely am straight...
Yup... I really cried in Sailormoon...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews