Bogiepop: Phantom

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Bogiepop: Phantom

Postby Jimmothy » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:33 pm

I thought this series was set up kind of cool. It is alot like Lain. IMO you have to watch the every episode to understand all of it tho. What do you guys think?
"Go with God's protection.....and hey, thanks for the apple"
Wolfwood
AIM: papervase
Jimmothy

Postby Spiritsword » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:39 pm

It was okay. I don't usually get into series like that, but I was interested enough in Boogiepop to watch it all the way through. Yeah, it probably is necessary to watch all the episodes to understand it, the way little snippets in each episide are connected to the ones in other episodes--it kind of comes together like a puzzle.
Spiritsword

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:29 am

Spiritsword wrote:It was okay. I don't usually get into series like that, but I was interested enough in Boogiepop to watch it all the way through. Yeah, it probably is necessary to watch all the episodes to understand it, the way little snippets in each episide are connected to the ones in other episodes--it kind of comes together like a puzzle.

Oooh, Boogiepop. Yeah. I liked Boogiepop but not as well as I liked Lain. I want to buy the Live action movie, "Boogiepop and the Others" (that predates the show.)

That show was positively freaky though... Especially episode 4, I think. The dating sim one. I compare that to the video game episode in Lain, which was also pretty freaky... well, more just disturbing. It's strange that the most disturbing episodes of both series center around video games...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews