Leiji Matsumoto dead at 85

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Leiji Matsumoto dead at 85

Postby shooraijin » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:24 pm

"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Re: Leiji Matsumoto dead at 85

Postby Kaori » Tue May 23, 2023 3:19 pm

Shooraijin, thank you for posting this. I don't really actively follow anime/manga news, so it would have taken me a lot longer to find out if you hadn't.

While I have had some issues with things in the works of Matsumoto Leiji that I've read, despite that I still greatly enjoyed the worlds and stories he created, and if you ever see me on another website or platform with the username KaoriExpress999 or KaoriExpress, it's a specific tribute to Galaxy Express 999.

He had the imagination to create iconic series like Harlock that really stick with you, and will certainly be missed.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Re: Leiji Matsumoto dead at 85

Postby shooraijin » Tue May 23, 2023 10:23 pm

He certainly did. Although I agree some of his works are more problematic, he was clearly very creative.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews