What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Nanatsu no Taizai episode 3
I swear the perviness of Melodias is amplified in the anime. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Then again it's been a while since I read the beginning of the manga but still. Just the butt and boob obsession...

Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru episode 1-2
Haven't watched an original magical Girl anime in a long time. This one looks unique and interesting! It even features a disabled character in the main cast! Seriously great with the diversity and including usually neglected groups of people!

CinniScrib

Postby FourFourSeven » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:32 pm

skreyola wrote:
FourFourSeven wrote:Next: "Kimi ni Todoke"

Good choice. I'm currently rewatching that with family.

Considering that I'm going to go into it (mostly) blind, my personal expectations are now much higher.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Cat96 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:45 pm

FourFourSeven wrote:
skreyola wrote:

Good choice. I'm currently rewatching that with family.

Considering that I'm going to go into it (mostly) blind, my personal expectations are now much higher.

Oh great, now there's another anime to watch. :bang: Just kidding! :lol: This is seriously how I end up watching other anime. I think I'll try it out after I finish Say I love you. I saw the reviews on this site and it looks fairly clean, so I already know I'll won't regret watching it.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby skreyola » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Cat96 wrote:

Oh great, now there's another anime to watch. :bang: Just kidding! :lol: This is seriously how I end up watching other anime. I think I'll try it out after I finish Say I love you. I saw the reviews on this site and it looks fairly clean, so I already know I'll won't regret watching it.

It's kind of an older one. And funny thing is, I watched it concurrently with SILY. :) It is very clean. That's one of the things I love about KnT. :)
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:51 pm

CinniScrib wrote:Nanatsu no Taizai episode 3
I swear the perviness of Melodias is amplified in the anime. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Then again it's been a while since I read the beginning of the manga but still. Just the butt and boob obsession...

Haven't seen any of the anime, but just caught up in the manga recently. Melodias reminds me very strongly of Master Roshi from Dragonball. Only he's not an old geezer and Elizabeth never hits him (even though she should.)

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:04 pm

Mullet Death wrote:
CinniScrib wrote:Nanatsu no Taizai episode 3

Haven't seen any of the anime, but just caught up in the manga recently. Melodias reminds me very strongly of Master Roshi from Dragonball. Only he's not an old geezer and Elizabeth never hits him (even though she should.)

Well given Melodias looks young, it's hard to know his true age so he really might be an old geezer, if not at least 25 years old while Elizabeth is like... 17? She should, but she's too clueless/compassionate. At least Hawk and Diane get on him about it so it's not as if it's totally played off as "oh well" or acknowledge that it isn't gross. Still though *rolls eyes*

Akatsuki no Yona episode 3
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Aaah I hate it when a trio of friends go their own ways or one of them has other ambitions that are borderline selfish/evil. They were so adorable as friends when they were younger!

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Specials Episode 1
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: This was more like the pacing/set up of the manga since it usually does segments in 4 panels

CinniScrib

Postby Sundown » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:43 pm

Watching episodes of Hetalia here and there. Absolutely ridicolous, horribly stereotypical and i've become a closet fan I still can't see how people like this show.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby Nate » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:15 am

Hetalia is funny because Italy tortured and murdered people and kidnapped women and children to blackmail political enemies eats pasta. Ha ha! And let's not forget how Germany commited genocide on the Jewish people, disabled, mentally ill, and gypsies is tsundere! Comedy genius.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Thunderscream872 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:03 am

Watched the first episode of Kakumeiki Valvrave -- Seems pretty cool so far. The artwork is really nice; definitely has the visual aspect going for it. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Wasn't expecting Haruto to bite L-elf in the neck at the end of the episode. From what I seen of the next episode, it looks like when he bites someone, he sends his consciousness into their body and takes them over--pretty interesting. lol, wonder if this means he's a vampire. Anyways, great first episode!
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:21 am

Ouran High School Host Club episodes 20-21

I'm enjoying the (slightly) more serious tone of these episodes. I could especially sympathize with Kaoru's concern and wish that things could stay the way they are forever.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Fairy Tail 2014 episode 29-30
It's nice that this filler episode actually is reflective of the canon storyline/appreciate the celestial spirits... SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Especially since they're giving a bit more depth to Aquarius given what happened in the manga. but now new arc that is anime exclusive? This looks interesting!

Lolirock ep1
I guess it counts as anime since it's French animation meant to fit the anime genre with Magical Girl and its animation/look. Basically it's a mix of Sailor Moon, Princess Starla/Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders, Jem and the Holograms and the Winx Club. It's created by the same studio that did Totally Spies!

Madan no Ou to Vanadis episode 3-4
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Convenient spot to get bitten by a snake... THIS is why you should wear armor that goes all the way up! So glad Tigre isn't a pervert, but definite fanservice in this show

Sanzoku no Musume Ronja episode 4
I just read the book the series is based on, "Ronia, the Robber's Daughter", so now I know what's coming/can see how close they are to the book. Honestly, pretty spot on with the dialogue and all the events; a true straight up adaption with minor modifications/additions. The only thing really in the series so far is Ronia wearing pink as in the book she wore animal skin outfits aka they'd be tan and not dyed, but that's so minor since it's just her tunic/shirt..... aaah it's so nice to see beautiful painted backgrounds/backdrops, they really remind me of the Ghibli films.

CinniScrib

Postby skreyola » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Re-watching Squid Girl episode 5. The segments with chibi-ika are my favorite ones in the whole series. Any episode with one of these segments is probably a 5/5-star episode. :)
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Cat96 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:25 pm

My Little Monster episode 1-3. Seriously, watching one romance anime is like flicking a domino. I watch one (Tsubasa) and it causes a chain effect. I hear about another from one and keep watching.
Anyway, I did have an Issue with Haru's threat in episode 1. Despite his total lack of social interaction, he should know better. The only reason why I continued after that line was because I didn't think anything would happen (and nothing did, luckily). Also, I heard that was the most problematic part about the series. If I can overlook what Yamako and Akito did in Say I love You, I guess I can overlook this. What those two characters did, well lets just say I don't think I would've watched the series if I knew about it prior to watching it. I'm half tempted to submit a review just so I can warn future viewers about it. It seems like all shows have some sort of moment that makes me like the series a little less.
Anyway, despite my huge issue with that line in episode one, I am enjoying it somewhat. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I would've wanted to see more character development early on. Either way, Haru, despite his line in that episode, is a very funny character. I can almost compare the craziness he gets into to the hosts from OHSHC. I like how the main heroine (I can't spell her name) acts all normal about the fact that he's becoming completely obsessed with caring for a rooster. I also like the heroine. She reminds me of Maka from Soul Eater, in both appearance and personality. I'm almost afraid that she'll do some sort of Maka-chop (I don't know what the heroine would call it) on Haru. XD

Princess Jellyfish episodes 1-3. I saw it at an anime club I attended today. From what I saw (I could only hear half the time), its weird. I told my dad about the show on the way home, and he was completely weirded out. It scared him even more because we both know I've seen weirder, like Ouran High School Host Club. :lol: Can't get much weirder than Ouran.

Off topic, I checked out a manga version of Les Miserables at the library today, and my Dad said he's going to read it. It will be his first manga (though he's very familiar with the story), so I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets used to the different format of the book.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Nate » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Princess Jellyfish is a great show and Mayaya is the best character.

Nate

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Finished up Attack on Titan today. This show was allot better than I thought it was going to be, and the last few episodes were super intense. Can't wait for season 2 now!

Favorite characters: Mikasa, Levi, Jean, and Shasha

I also watch episode 2 of Kakumeiki Valvrave.

And episode 1 of Brynhildr in the Darkness.

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

Thunderscream872

Postby Cat96 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:12 pm

Nate wrote:Princess Jellyfish is a great show and Mayaya is the best character.

If I remember correctly, she's the one who is obsessed with three kingdoms? I remember at anime club when it first showed her and some guy at the club went "She's a girl?". It was so funny because two others repeated that right after. I'm enjoying the series. I'm already on episode 11. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I loved it when those two little boys called Kurosone and Tsukini (I can't spell those names) lesbians. xD :lol: This series is very weird, but it is very enjoyable.
Cat96

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Cat96 wrote:
Nate wrote:Princess Jellyfish is a great show and Mayaya is the best character.

If I remember correctly, she's the one who is obsessed with three kingdoms?

Yep. That's her!

Cat96 wrote: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I loved it when those two little boys called Kurosone and Tsukini (I can't spell those names) lesbians. xD :lol: This series is very weird, but it is very enjoyable.

That's one of my favorite parts too! :XD:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:40 am

Nanatsu no Taizai episode 4

CinniScrib

Postby Nate » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:54 am

Cat96 wrote:If I remember correctly, she's the one who is obsessed with three kingdoms?

I play the Dynasty Warriors games and I have also read Romance of the Three Kingdoms so I understand literally everything Mayaya says and it is fantastic.

Nate

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:43 pm

Akatsuki no Yona episode 4
The opening music is such an epic instrumental piece.

CinniScrib

Postby spark300c » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:02 am

I am watching gundam builder fighters
spark300c

Postby Thunderscream872 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:00 am

Episode 4 of Kakumeiki Valvrave.

Episode 2 of Brynhildr in the Darkness.

Episode 4 of Another--originally I planned to start Canaan after Attack on Titan, but Another looked more interesting, and besides, it suits the time of year better. :)

Thunderscream872

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Been watching Log Horizon 2 (more goodness) and rewatching Toradora! (such fun)

And Bleach(about to end), Naruto(so slooooow), One Piece(episode's over already? awwww), Gurren Lagann(can we get a Kamina/glasses smiley?), and Hellsing Ultimate(getting stopped before finishing D8) on Toonami.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Ouran High School Host Club episodes 22-24

I'd never really encountered moe before (or at least if I had, I didn't realize what it was), and now I have decided that I would much rather have been left in the dark =_=

But I think my favorite episode so far has been 24, the one detailing how Kyouya and Tamaki met. It really gave a good picture of how amazing Tamaki is under all the goofiness and melodrama. And I can definitely see why the same actor played Tamaki Suou and Ling Yao from FMA: Brotherhood :lol:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:34 am

Legend of Korra season 4 episode 5
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Zhu Li kicks butt! Seriously Varric would be lost without her, idk why she stays with him. And Asami with her dad! He really is messed up but I hope he legitly realizes he was wrong/went insane and they can make amends. Honestly poor Zhu Li, I hope she has a plan up her sleeve otherwise yeah Varric really did burn that bridge; I hope she really is done with him but isn't selling out to Kuvira 100%.

CinniScrib

Postby skreyola » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:28 pm

Denki-gai ep. 4... This show has some great moments, but the off-color bits really ruin the show. It's going downhill, and the preview looks like it'll get much worse next ep, too. Probably gGoing to drop this instead of watching the next episode. Really not sure why I watched this one, between the abusiveness of Fuga and the complete inappropriateness of everything Kantoku does.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:06 pm

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru episode 3-4
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: We have our 5th member!

Fairy Tail 2014 episode 31
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Everyone's personalities and appearances have been reversed. Virgo is now a sadist instead of masochist. :| BUT GO YUKIO! The bright side of this arc is spotlighting the Celestial Spirits and Yukino gets more character development/spotlight.

CinniScrib

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:25 am

Finished up Another yesterday. Pretty much binge watched all of it in one day--really had nothing better to do on Halloween (not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but whatever). When I first started watching this show, I was watching it mainly cause it was approaching Halloween and I wanted something scary, disturbing, and intense to watch. Another was certainly disturbing and intense at times, but I can't really say it scared me all that much. The story did, however, pleasantly surprise me with how much more this show was than just a horror flick. There were actually allot of really touching moments in this show, and the cast of characters was fantastic, and very likeable. I'd definitely recommend this one if you can deal with the excessive blood and some degree of mutilation (I wouldn't necessarily put it on the same level of Elfen Lied gore-wise, but it does get very graphic with the deaths).

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. I would probably have given it a 9, if not for SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Reiko turning out to be the "dead" person in the end, and then Kouichi having to hack her to death--that just left me with an uneasy feeling, especially since I really liked her character, but I guess it needed to be done. Just wish things would've turned out differently there.

Favorite characters: Mei Misaki, Naoya Teshigawara, Kouichi Sakakibara, Tatsuji Chibiki

I should also say that the art/character designs in this anime are really nice.

Anyways, yeah, good stuff...

Thunderscream872

Postby GeneD » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:00 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Ouran High School Host Club episodes 22-24

I'd never really encountered moe before (or at least if I had, I didn't realize what it was), and now I have decided that I would much rather have been left in the dark =_=

Why's that? I don't remember the particulars of these epiosdes.

the_wolfs_howl wrote:And I can definitely see why the same actor played Tamaki Suou and Ling Yao from FMA: Brotherhood :lol:

Mamoru Miyano is amazing incarnate.

Random thoughts on a lot of Sailor Moon:

Sailor Moon R ep 1 - 2: Shiny new OP animation, I'm glad they kept the song it's really great, and I like the ED better than the season 1's second ED. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm also glad the girls all getting their memories back wasn't dragged out. The evil space elves are ok, I like the little flute tune. They seem kinda sympathetic considering they'll literally die without the energy they're stealing. But then again they specifically say they could also get energy from plants or animals so they lose points there. The respective crushes on Usagi and Mamuro is meh.
3: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Wow actual blood, also go go sudden childhood friend guy for Jupiter. Has he featured before, I don't remember? This ep introduces Definitely Not Tuxedo Mask Guy. (His identity's actually been mostly spoiled for me by people in the Hulu comments. :shady:)
4: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ail has the ultimate power, to brainwash people to let him cut queues. Probably the most useful power in this show second to Usagi's transforming pen. XP (This ep is actually about the evils of standing in queues, featuring all the Sailor Senshi besides Usagi.) Mamoru has a hilarious/amazing drum roll when facing down that random jerk bugging Ann. Reinforcement that Definitely Not Tuxedo Mask Guy is well, living up to that nickname. This would be intriguing if, like I mentioned, I haven't already been spoiled about it.

Sailor Moon Crystal 8: I was sure I'd already commented on this episode, but can't find said comment... so sorry if I'm repeating myself.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I laughed when Mamoru’s at home sleeping and the girls are all running around the city at who knows what time of night. I seem to like this Kunzite more than the original series' and his "true self"? oooh that sounds interesting, I wanna hear more about that.
Usagi telling Tuxedo Mask to run away because it's too dangerous and they'll take care of the enemy and then kisses him was just fantastic.

9: I really liked this episode. It felt like the mythology of the show somehow came across richer than in the original show. The sense of history was more pronounced maybe. I think it's suffering from the long time between episodes though, so I might put it on hold till the season finishes, still deciding.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:28 am

GeneD wrote:Mamoru Miyano is amazing incarnate.

That is absolutely the best description of him I've ever heard (and I completely agree!). :grin: :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews