What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby CinniScrib » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:48 pm

Legend of Korra Season 3 episode 6 & 7

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So good to see Lin's past! And Toph's original VA Jessica Flowers was young Suyin!! Too good! Though I love abrasive Lin it's good to see her make peace. I want more of the Beifong family. The boy cousins are funny and cute and Opal is adorable! I hope she and Bolin work out as a couple!
Meanwhile Kai and Jinora were totally playing a Lion King vibe with Simba and Nala sneaking off. Oh man. Also she might get her tattoos this season!? This season IS called "Change" I mean Aang was probably 11 when he got his or it was not long after he turned 12 (months before he found out he was the avatar and ran away). Either way he was the youngest airbender to get them.
Jinora is about 12/12 or even 13 now. She could get them as her granddad was the youngest but I can understand Tenzin thinking she's too young (she's his firstborn and he doesn't want her to grow up. Also idk what his age was when he got this). I hope Tenzin is able to spirit project at least once since that's a folly of his. But so much smackdown between family members with words and fights!

CinniScrib

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Sword Art Online II! Two episodes so far and everything is looking good...
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:09 am

Captain Earth episode 16

Fairy Tail 2014 episode 16

Sailor Moon Crystal episode 2

CinniScrib

Postby faithb4sight » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:41 am

Just finished watching Maid-sama and aww, that was cute. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sometimes I thought Takumi was a little too much of a stalker. But he stuck to his character and since Misaki didn't actually mind I forgive him. I hear there is going to be a ssn 2 and that makes me smile :) but I wonder how that would work out. I watched the dub and... I'll just assume for the sake of the dub company that because I watched it online the quality was lessened a great deal. :/
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby GeneD » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Captain Earth ep 15-16: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm now officially rooting for evil computer Puck and there's nothing anyone can say to make me change my mind.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusader ep 15-16: I'd love to see a little less Polnareff and more Joseph and Kakyoin.

Haikyuu! ep 16: This show managed to make me root for the side opposing the main characters and it was such a nice send off for all the characters who don't advance in sports (anime) tournaments. Next: Go go, let's go. Let's go Dateko! Such a catchy cheer.
GeneD

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Just finished up Angel Beats today, and I gotta say, I ended up liking it allot more than I thought I would. I started watching this thinking the first episode was pretty annoying, but by the end I actually really liked it. It certainly isn't the best anime I've ever seen, but it was really good.

Story: 10/10

Favorite Episode: Goodbye Days

Art: 8/10—The art is beautiful in this show, no doubt about that, but the character designs just aren't really my ideal. Just to be a little nit-picky, one thing I noticed that I didn't really like about the art is that, when a character has hair in his/her face, the eyes look like they are in front of the hanging hair. It looks a little weird.
Characters: 8/10—This show has a fairly large cast of characters, especially for being only thirteen episodes. The thing about this anime, in contrast to some others I’ve seen, it manages to give most of the characters a good amount of screen time, which was nice.

Favorite Characters: Hideki Hinata, Noda, Masami Iwasawa, T.K., and Yui

Music: 7/10

That’s all I gotta say about it for now. Watch it if you haven’t seen it!
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:37 pm

GeneD wrote:Captain Earth ep 15-16: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm now officially rooting for evil computer Puck and there's nothing anyone can say to make me change my mind.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Omogsh Puck is such a wildcard. It seemed at first it/he was for the Planetary Gears but now it seems like he's his own entity/side. He was made by humanity but he worked along side the Kiltgang. Now that he has a body (which I'm not sure how he's splitting between his computer self and the body, I thought it'd just be an all to ago transfer) though it seems like he has his own agenda/side. Especially after saying both sides are stupid. WHO MADE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU? Just a supercomputer or something disguising itself as such!? Or just evolved beyond what anyone could have thought?

Spance Dandy Season 2 episode 3

CinniScrib

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Quite a few years ago I rented a dvd from the library that contained some sample episodes of several animes, including Spiral (which I have watched and liked) and Now and Then, Here and There.

When I saw the latter series on Hulu Plus a few days ago, I made the mistake of watching it. *shudders* :sniffle: :sniffle:

This is how I felt afterward...

I know some people may disagree with me, but this has to be the most depressing, dark, and sad anime I've ever seen! Unless for some reason you enjoy watching a show where things go from bad to worse and never get any better, DO NOT WATCH THIS SERIES!!!
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby skreyola » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:40 pm

@Kilvakar: Yeah, I only made it through 5 episodes before I finally dropped it. And I felt that purple haze after every episode except the first one (I was still optimistic at the end of that one).
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby black & white angel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:57 am

Fairy Tail episodes 1-4

I'm really enjoying it so far.
I make it a policy not to second-guess my instincts. Life's more fun that way. ~Train Heartnet
black & white angel

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:57 am

Watched up to episode 13 of Attack on Titan.

Okay, this show is good, but, seriously, WAY too melodramatic.

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

Thunderscream872

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:08 am

Free! Season 2 episode 4
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: YEAAAH RIIIIN! Staying true to his friends and being firm about keeping relationships rather than just being about a goal.

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Clannad After Story episodes 14-16

So now SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Nagisa is dead. I actually didn't cry, because...I knew it was coming :/ I was actually expecting it several episodes ago, but about halfway through episode 16 I realized it was going to happen then. I'm curious to see where the rest of the show will lead.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby skreyola » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:26 pm

*consoles the_wolfs_howl*
I know where you're going, but I won't say more.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Ryosuke » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Finishing Wolf's Rain with Okami XD then gonna show her Clannad (Japanese only)
~*~Blessedly married to Okami!~*~
Ryosuke

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:24 pm

Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus episode 3
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sebastian is so crafty. Though Snake is priceless! I love that he changes his voice pitch depending on the snake he's speaking for. Pfft Sebastian is dying over what Ciel is suffering from.
I'm guessing this season will be about 13 episodes though I can't remember how long the arch went on for. This can either go a full 20-26 or just 13.

Tokyo Ghoul episode 4
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: CREEPER ALERT. Seriously don't go with that guy ANYWHERE or anything ever again! Especially after that! Knowing Tsukiyama's a gourmet eater he should have known better. Than again this is all about his naivety at this point and ignorance. Going to kiss that sweet, kind and believe the best in people personality I bet you.

CinniScrib

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Finished up Avatar: The Last Airbender the other day (I know its not technically an anime, but people are mentioning Legend of Korra so I guess it counts). Anyways, I loved Last Airbender--definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen (including anime and non-anime). Gonna miss watching it every morning before I leave for work. Right now I'm filling that slot with Bleach.

Also finished season 1 of Space Dandy. This show is so ridiculous, but I really like it, and I don't really know why...

Thunderscream872

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:38 pm

Legend of Korra Book 3 Episode 8

Now it's going totally digital (online-only) which is going to be fun as you know their site is going to crash. There is no way it can host that many viewers at once in contrast to a tv. Having both is good because there are people who don't have cable (like me) and so have to stream online. Now we're going to have the great online race. Oh boy.

Captain Earth episode 17
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Puck with a human body is such a player, he's nasty. Sleep with all the ladies

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:14 pm

Watched the first six episodes of はたらく魔王さま with a friend. Yeah, I still genuinely don't like the fact that demonic names and concepts are thrown around in the show; having people named after the most evil beings in existence look cool and noble in this comical McDonald's redemption story (if that's what it is haha) is a little odd at best. Made me slightly uncomfortable. But, meh, I guess. Other than sharing a name with the personification of evil and his past in the Emi's homeworld, 「魔王様」is a pretty good guy. o_O Yeah, work of fiction or not... Still, good characters and plenty of laughs.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby GeneD » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:57 am

CinniScrib wrote:Captain Earth episode 17
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Puck with a human body is such a player, he's nasty. Sleep with all the ladies

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yeah, his end will be getting shot by his jealous secretary lady.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders ep 17.

Haikyuu!! ep 17: I watched all the spikes at least 4 times over, so amazing. It's only the second match and all the cards are on the table now, so it's gonna be interesting to see where they go from here.
GeneD

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:08 pm

GeneD wrote:
CinniScrib wrote:Captain Earth episode 17

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yeah, his end will be getting shot by his jealous secretary lady.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: AHHAAHAHA OMOGSH I HOPE SO! Seriously I have no other idea as to how he goes down. That would be great if his vanity/obsession does him in and not the Knights or Gang

Space Dandy Season 2 Episode 4
Such a parody of High School Musical... mogsh And an ET CAMEO AND REFERENCE TO THE FLY. This show slays me

CinniScrib

Postby fashionmaryie » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:30 pm

I'm recently finished the first season of SAO. Interesting, but I must say...when you think it ends, it doesn't. haha
fashionmaryie

Postby nillapoet » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:50 am

Sword Art Online 2 episode 4. It was a little slow to start, but it's picking up.
nillapoet

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:56 am

Bleach episode 20 - still like it allot.
FLCL episode 3 - ugh...I don't really understand this show. Some people say that it takes two or three viewings to truly appreciate it...I don't think I can take watching it over again at this point.
Space Dandy season 2 episode 1 - Hilarious! Probably the funniest Space Dandy I've seen yet.

Thunderscream872

Postby skreyola » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:44 am

Watched Barakamon Ep. 1 last night on Hulu.
A little meh, but I'm going to keep watching it.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Free! Season 2 episode 5

CinniScrib

Postby Mouse2010 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Mullet Death wrote: Other than sharing a name with the personification of evil and his past in the Emi's homeworld, 「魔王様」is a pretty good guy. o_O Yeah, work of fiction or not... Still, good characters and plenty of laughs.

I think that most anime personifications of "Satan" seem to be so different from their Western/Biblical origins that it's best to just pretend it's a different character. As you point out, Maou-sama isn't evil and he really isn't much like Satan. His plan to take over the world through McDonald's was, to me, adorably clueless. In reality, he'd clearly be a good boss.

I really liked this series . . . then I watched Noragami and felt like it had some similar character traits (specifically, the comically supernatural being with delusions of grandeur) but it was even better, because Yato was, if anything, even more complex than Maou-sama.

As for me . . . I just watched episodes 9 and 10 of Code Geass, R2. I'm not liking this season as much as the first one, but it's hard to pinpoint why. Lelouch is getting less likeable as his motives get more complicated. I think that's a lot of it. But the plotting doesn't seem to be working as well, either. In the first season, it was hard to stop watching. This season, I'm more like "meh." Not a bad show, but it's just not gripping me as much.
Mouse2010

Postby faithb4sight » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:17 am

I finished up Nabari no Ou a week or so ago. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I figured the plot would go somewhere, anywhere! But it basically wound up where it started. So not fair, at least fix the immortals! :stressed:

I've started Nura Rise of the Yokai Clan and am enjoying it so far. It's a nice mix of D.N. Angel, Kekaishi, and Inuyasha (with maybe a hint of Naruto?). It's pretty clean (always a plus) though it does have bloodshed due to samurai-type fights. It has some theology issues but a)I won't allow it to influence my faith and b)I find it interesting to learn about other cultures so c)I'm okay with it. ;)
The second theme "Sunshine" is cute and I love it - though it doesn't quite fit the images they used during it haha.

I'm looking forward to seeing the series progress a little more.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Clannad: After Story episode 17

I was surprised at how big the time lapse was between the previous episode and this one. Still sad, but also completely adorable :3
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:25 am

Legend of Korra Book 3 episode 9
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Finally getting more info on the villains! Red Lotussssss! Extremists, those are always fun. BUT NOOOO Earth Queen got Asami and Korra? What will happen!? But Bolin and Mako are with with Red Lotus? Maybe Bolin with metal bend due to the urgency of escaping.

Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus episode 4
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I actually reread the summary of the Circus arc because I forgot details :P Though of course they change some stuff in the anime to expand it. I don't remember the raid on the town though with getting kids off the streets. Ciel being so weak with carrying stuff and the taxing smiling haha BUT THE TENT ASSIGNMENTS HAHAHA!

Fairy Tail 2014 episode 17 & 18
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It's awesome the one dragon has the classic Godzilla roar, don't hear that often in animation! Usually it's another roar they use. The last dragon to appear (the one the doors shut on) was so Godzilla haha MARVELOUS! Celebrating the movie getting released in Japan!

Tokyo Ghoul episode 5

CinniScrib

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews