What Anime Convention did YOU attend?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

What Anime Convention did YOU attend?

Postby Kenchii » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:04 am

Just came back from Yasamicon. It was its first year,and it was free! 1005 were there too. I had a NERV shirt on, next year I am going to be Wolfwood from Trigun :lol: Here is a fansite with a bunch of pictures. Next year I am going to attend videogame contest, costume contest, & AMV contest.

Which ones did you go to?? :thumb:
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Spiritsword » Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:40 pm

I've attended ACen (Anime Central) for the last three years. It's a pretty big convention in Rosemont, which is right by Chicago. It's one of the few conventions in this area (it seems like they have more conventions out west or on the east coast), so I look forward to it each year. They usually have some pretty well-known guests from both Japan and the US, and a ton of cosplayers. I finally got into the Megatokyo panel this last year (it was held in too small a room and filled up before I could get in the two previous years), so I was pretty excited about that too. The only disappointments I had were that there wasn't as much hard-to-find Japanese merchandise as I'd hoped, and that the prices really weren't any lower than what you see online (for the most part). Still, it was a good time.
Spiritsword

Postby Straylight » Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:33 pm

Going to a UK convention called Wildercon in less than a week. Should be good fun :)
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Karrit » Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:24 pm

I went to thsi year's A-kon in Dallas, Texas. It was my very first con and one to remember. I was thankful to be able to meet my online friends and especially, Kyle Hebert. He's the voice of Teen Gohan and one of the sweetest voice actors around. He really loves his fans and acts like the guy next door. I'm planning on going again next year to be with my KH.com family (the members of Kyle's site).

Now A-kon is very large. They had two dealer's rooms and both were packed like sardines. PLus some people needed to learn how to use deoderant. Yuck! They also had a large area for their komic market, several rools for panels and anime theatres. T'was a blast if you coudl stand the croud.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Resident Usagi-jin/Official Son Goku Glomper
Karrit

Postby MillyFan » Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:46 am

AWWWWWW! I didn't attend ComicCon or AX this year, and it would have been my first time for either. I probably won't next year either. This year it was because I didn't have the money. Next year it will be because I probably won't have the money, and even if I do I don't want to be harassed by the drunken men or have to have my older sister tag along as my "babysitter" so that doesn't happen.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Rev. Doc » Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:41 am

I am on the staff of Animazement which is held in Durham, North Carolina usually over Memorial Day weekend. We had a great convention this year with a real good turnout.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby shooraijin » Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:05 pm

> I didn't attend ComicCon

I was meaning to get over to ComicCon this year, but never got around to it. Next time, we'll have to have a Southern California CAA field trip and all meet there. How about that? We should have a pretty good turnout with everyone from the Inland Empire and San Diego.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Benu » Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:31 pm

I haven't been to any anime convention the one they had in LA just passed, darn! Anyway the other thing is I haven't even found any one that would take me to such a thing. All the people I go places wit don't like anime. I just can't have fun at things like that by myself.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby MillyFan » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:48 pm

shooraijin wrote:> I didn't attend ComicCon

I was meaning to get over to ComicCon this year, but never got around to it. Next time, we'll have to have a Southern California CAA field trip and all meet there. How about that? We should have a pretty good turnout with everyone from the Inland Empire and San Diego.

I'm all for that! :jump: :jump: :poke:

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby shooraijin » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:54 pm

> I'm all for that!

Okay, that's two; where's the rest of the So-Cal brigade? Pete, Erenan, ss, ... ?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby sskg0tt0 » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:13 pm

sounds good to me,my cousin who is into anime and is a christian as well, might like to go too
sskg0tt0

Postby shooraijin » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:14 am

> I've been to the Comic Con once. No cosplay for me, even. I dun really care to go again.

Party pooper. Come for the fellowship, or at least the group photo. *evil grin*

shooraijin

Postby Keely » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:29 pm

I'm going to AnimeFest in Dallas, Tx on memorial day weekend and will be at Oni-Con (http://www.oni-con.com) on Oct 22-24, 2004. I actually work for oni-con as the art & promotional director, hehe*
Love it seems made flying dreams so hearts could soar . . .
Keely

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews