Earth Maiden Arjuna

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Earth Maiden Arjuna

Postby Kirika » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:42 am

Has anyone seen that one? I just rented it and I'll never see a hamburger the same way... (but it wont stop from eating one though)
Kirika

Postby Technomancer » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:51 am

What's it about?
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Kirika » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:04 am

Well I'm not really good at making resume but here it goes...
It's the story of Juna who dies in a motocycle accident and then she seen the earth as it faces it's destruction. There are monsters called the Rajah (not sure of the spelling) everywhere who are the cause of all this. And then Chris appears before Juna and tells her that if she is willing to fight the Rajah and save the planet, he will give her back her life.
She accepts and Chris gives her new powers so that she can fight against them. But with those she can now fell the pain of the planet and resonate with it and now she wonders if the Rajah are really the real cause of the destruction or is it man kind...

The thing about the buggers is that at one part she's gonna eat one and have flashes about how it was made...
Kirika

Postby Christianotaku » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:15 am

And so what!!! stupid everimentalists and animal right protesters they deserve to die. ANIMALS DO NOT HAVE SOULS!!!! godd gave humans control over animals in genesis!!!
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:41 am

Well there. Thank you for that example of an extreme opinion. You might want to turn the RPMs down a notch or two. It'd be a shame to pop a vessel or something.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Spiritsword » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:45 am

I'll refrain from a long response regarding the animal thing because I'm really not looking to start a debate...all I'll say is that yes, God made us to rule over the earth, but I think He wanted us to be responsible caretakers, and I don't know if we're living up to that responsibility right now. And I don't think any animals were killed until after sin entered the world (when God killed an animal to clothe Adam & Eve), but I could be wrong on that point.

As for Arjuna, yeah, I watched the first volume, and really didn't get into it that much. I'm not sure why, but it just didn't really appeal to me--the animation, or the storyline, or something. If you watch more of it, Kirika, and it gets any better after the first volume, let me know.
Spiritsword

Postby Christianotaku » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:51 am

look at this way. without eating meat wed die basically and simply.
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby Spiritsword » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:12 pm

No debate, please!

Actually, the key word in my post was "responsible". I'm not a vegetarian or a radical animal rights activist or anything. In fact, I agree that eating meat is a perfectly natural thing that we humans (including myself!) were created to do. I have no problem with killing animals for food or clothing/protection. I just don't think we should kill animals or chop down forests indiscriminately. I think God wanted us to have a beautiful, diverse place to live, and it's up to us to set some limits on what we do, and just be responsible in the way we provide for ourselves from the earth and resources God gave us. In other words, use it but use it wisely...
Spiritsword

Postby Kirika » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:33 pm

It's not about killing animals... I didn't say that anywhere. I love eating meat so much, I could live without it :thumb:
What she sees is all the chemical stuff that we put in our food.
And I've seen the entire serie (13 episodes).
Kirika

Postby Spiritsword » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:59 pm

Yes, I like meat, as long as there is conclusive evidence of what animal it came from.

Can you believe I worked at McD's two months and was still able to eat the food there afterward? (Though I don't anymore.)

But back to the topic at hand. Since you've seen all the episodes, Kirika, would you recommend the rest of it (after the first volume)? Does it get any better, and does the story develop well or seem to go anywhere?
Spiritsword

Postby Kirika » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:17 pm

At one point, it gets a little boring, but it makes up for it by the end. I personally liked it and think it teaches a good leason. It's not one of my favorite, but it's worth watching it ;)
Kirika

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews