Patlabor WXIII

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Patlabor WXIII

Postby Retten » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:37 pm

I just found this site http://www.patlaborthemovie3.com/ its for Patlabor the movie 3 it came out a couple of months ago on DVD its looks pretty cool unfortunattly it gor a R rating for language has anyone seen this the trailer makes it look kinda like a horror movie :eyebrow: what do you think of it

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Kenchii » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:51 pm

Ah, the third part to the Patlabor movies. I have watched alot of the anime series in my time and found it very amusing. (they are like gundam series, but for the whole family to watch.). The first movie I have seen. It was good. Very complacated, very well done in my option. I hav'nt seen the second one. But I was trying to get my hands on this one. *thanks for the official site, I was looking for it for hours! Anyways, I have heard nasty reveiws about xwiii. Every review site I have went to it was like this.

2 Stars out of 5
1 1/2 Stars out of 4
it continues,..

It seems that the reason they don't like it, is because that its too complacated. BTW, this movie is not a mech movie. But, it has a good story line too it. But hardly no action, suspence, it is going to be hard keeping your attention span to this one. But, I would want to check it out still. Rent it @ a local Blockbuster. The reviewrs all stated that 'the first 2 movies were way better.'.

Try the series, its seems better then this one. Or if you want to watch a anime movie with sci-fi/complacated story lines in it, watch Akira.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Retten » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:05 pm

thanks for the reply guess i will have to check out the first 2 patlabor movies especially if they are anything like gundam since its my favourite anime :thumb:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Technomancer » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:06 pm

The first two Patlabor movies are excellent, and well worth seeing. This new film unfortunately is not. Essentially, the film comes off as a rather mediocre creature feature, and possesses none of the depth or complexity of its predecessors. I don't really see how it got the R rating (admittedly, I saw the subtitled version) however; even the gory parts weren't really all that bad.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby madphilb » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:05 pm

I picked this up a while ago, I've been meaning to get back to it and see about writing a review.

I loved, totally, the first two movies (and I've seen the first two VHS tapes of the TV Series and loved that too)...

The 3rd movie I wasn't thrilled with, but I think most of that had to do with what it wasn't rather than what it was. You see I've become somewhat attached to the main characters from the rest of the series, where this movie is mostly just set in the Patlabor universe.

I have to watch it again, but I remember thinking that the R rating was a bit over the top for the movie, while it has some gore/violence, it's not too bad (not nearly Akira level) and I don't remember the language being all that bad either, however I could be just that numb to it at this point that I missed it.

Basically the movie is a Giant Monster Romp on Tokyo, the kind that starts out with "what's been attacking here?" type of stuff and ending with... well, you know how these work. Think Godzilla... that nice American version with the kid from WarGames :grin: (only with less buidlings getting smashed).

It really wasn't a terrible movie, but where it failed was that it really isn't a Patlabor movie. They should have pushed the "Wasted Thirteen" more and dropped the Patlabor from the title.

Just my humble 2cents worth.

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Christianotaku » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:19 am

WEll the patlabor series and movie are classics almost gundam like i havent seen the third. I know the movies seem boring and are very comlex nd political and take a lot of thinking. The 1st one was to boring but the second wone was cool with the coup and everything. (was it a coup? I forget i havent seen it in so long ) but yah its cool
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews