Vision of Escaflowne

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Vision of Escaflowne

Postby Gleph » Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:50 am

Haa... well if you've seen my Blog you'll notice my "interest" in Escaflowne. It's awesome! The last time i watched it God Blessed me greatly. Wonder what he has instore for me andthe 2nd half of the series ;) The characters are great, story is interesting, and i genuinely love all of it. I can't say it's a Kenshin, but nothing is ^^

God seems to use lots of things in my life...

Anyone else like it?
Gleph

Postby Technomancer » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:18 am

An awesome series, and it only gets better. Have you seen the movie yet?
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Gleph » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:28 am

Not so. But I almost fell in love with Yubiwa *nice song*

I'd LOVE to be able to play it on piano :)

Apparently the series is a bit more... filling? Allen Schezar is AWESOME! So is Van Fanel, Hitomi Kanzaki, and others names escape me. The cat girl is pretty funny as well ^_^ There's just something about it that makes it so good...

I've always liked fantasy anime... I like the idea of Mechs as well :) I'm interested to see where Van and Hitomi go...

God Bless
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Postby Technomancer » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:54 am

The series is definately better, but it's worth seeing the movie too. I'll warn you though, you shouldn't see the movie while holding any preconceptions based on the series; the movie's very different, quite a bit darker too.

Yeah, the strong characters are what really make the series exceptional. Even the bit parts can have quite a bit of complexity. You'll also find that the series isn't quite the "good guys and bad guys" that it seems at first.

My own favourites from the series were Falken Fanel and Dryden Fassa (has he shown up yet?)
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Spiritsword » Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:09 am

The Vision of Escaflowne is an incredible series! One of my favorites. The story, characters, animation, music, everything is really exceptional. I'd recommend it to anyone. My favorite character is Folken de Fanel, as he seems to strike a chord with me somehow, I identify with him in some ways.

So how did God use The Vision of Escaflowne in your life, Gleph? Isn't it cool how God can use anything to bring us closer to Him and to accomplish His will? He spoke to me (and still does) quite a bit through sports, as I am a huge sports fan. He speaks to each of us in the way that will reach us most effectively and personally, because He knows each of us so personally and intimately.

Spiritsword
Spiritsword

Postby Retten » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:51 pm

The Vision of Escaflowne is a great series it has awsome animation and a really cool sound track its such a great series and Escaflowne is a amazing mecha :thumb: thats really cool that God could use series like these in your life it just goes to show that he can use anything to impact our lives

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Izumi San » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:24 pm

It's a really great series. I hated when they took it off the air on Fox Kids ><" I had to start buying the subbed version lol. I've only seen through ep 16 I think....need to find more dvds lol !!
I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like, is any of this for real, or not?
Izumi San

Postby Gleph » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:06 pm

God's grace and mercy shone through that anime for me. Not so complex... simple. And each character is very well developed. I fell in love with the lyrics for Yubiwa (if you look closely you can see the yubiwa lyrics inthe background of the blog layout)

Also, just the fact about the music soundtrack, and how i came to spot the design i decided to use for my blog. It was controlled by God.

The time i spent watching it i really felt like i was getting to know God better.

God Bless

P.S: I blogged about it quite a while back
Gleph

Postby Kirika » Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:54 pm

Escaflowne is awsome!!!!
It's the first anime I've ever seen ( since I don't consider Pokemon, Digimon, etc. like anime :sweat: ) and it's thanks to it that I got into anime. so I own it a lot
God bless Escaflowne!!
Kirika

Postby Gleph » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:50 am

Escaflowne is great... Maybe we should talk about it once I have finished watching...?

So far i'm still concepting my views on the series, but it's been more than blessed for me ^_^

God Bless
Gleph

Postby Izumi San » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:12 am

Oh, how far through the seires have you gotten?
I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like, is any of this for real, or not?
Izumi San

Postby Jimmothy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:12 am

[quote="Izumi San"]I hated when they took it off the air on Fox Kids QUOTE]
This was on Fox Kids when? I used to watch Fox Kids all thetime when i was younger and i don't remeber it.
"Go with God's protection.....and hey, thanks for the apple"
Wolfwood
AIM: papervase
Jimmothy

Postby Izumi San » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:47 pm

It was about 3 years ago, but they only showed like the 1st 10 episodes.
Izumi San

Postby Spiritsword » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:18 pm

Yeah, I agree with TheWonderElf--if you're going to try The Vision of Escaflowne, please, please watch the original version and not the Fox Kids Version, if at all possible. They really did a poor job with their release (Fox Kids), splicing parts of episodes into other episodes and cutting out so much of what made the original series such an intense and enthralling view.

I have never seen the movie and I really don't intend to, as I had heard the same thing TheWonderElf mentioned, about how Folken looked like he stepped out of an 80's big hair band. Folken being my favorite character, I just felt the movie was better left unwatched.

It's been awhile since I watched the series, so now I'm trying to remember the mysteries surrounding Hitomi's pendant...?

Spiritsword
Spiritsword

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews