About Spriggan ....

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

About Spriggan ....

Postby Kenchii » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:40 am

I was interested in the movie Spriggan. But what I am not sure of is the rating. Because it is rated: 'R'. ((I think)). And is it THAT BAD? is it really only for violence? is tehre language? because I have seen AKIRA ((that was also rated R)) and had NO problem with that. it was just fine. soo anyone who seen it, give me some advise? because that movie looks good.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Technomancer » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:46 am

If you're fine with Akira, the you should be fine with Spriggan. The 'R' rating is only for the violence. The language in the subtitled version is also fairly clean, so there's no problem there. Over all, I thought it to be an interesting film.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:07 am

Spriggan was good to watch once. I honestly don't remember the language content for the dubbed version, which means it couldn't have been too horrible.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Shinji Ikari » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:25 am

Some people have mentioned the Christian Elements in evangelion as being exploitation. I don't think so, however, I think Spriggan is truly exploiting it's christian psychology. Spriggan dares to say that Noah's ark is a death weapon1 and of course, it couldn't have survived forty day and nights if it were literally wood could it? that's why it's akin to an alien space ship.

Never again, errgh.
Shinji Ikari

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews