Armitage:Dual Matrix

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Armitage:Dual Matrix

Postby Stephen » Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:37 pm

Ok...offical CAA review time. Armitage Duel Matrix. First let me say, its rated 16 and up...which...I would agree with. First I will hit negative stuff.

Violence: Quite a bit...and not implied stuff. You see women get shot in the head, people get arms and legs broke...its not Akira level...but this ain't your saturday morning cartoons either. Nothing too too gory...still if you don't like violence...watch something else.

Language Again, there is a bit...nothing horrible past the s-word a few times, among other things...nothing more then a PG-13 movie in America.

Nudity This is the one thing that kind of annoyed me...first, in the first like 15 min we see the lead girl Armitages butt...no real reason, just walking to her suit thing...nothing horrible...but really not needed. *cough fanservice* Later on it gets a little worse...without spoiling anything...an android gets hurt pretty bad, and someone fixes them up...while doing the repairs the android woman is nude, so there is a full frontal chest shot....that passes a few times since the whole scene is around her talking to the guy working on her...yet again...nothing horrible...but still...pointless...They could have had her covered with sheets or something. Shrug.

SexNone

As for the anime beyond the few nasty points....I loved the whole computer graphics thing...it made the anime feel unique...unlike anything I had seen before. I also found the idea of an android with a family kinda cool....(her scenes of going crazy protective mother were some of the best)

Score I would say 5 out of 10...the nudity really was kind of silly and spoiled it for younger viewers...as did the carnage early on. I would only recomend this anime to older members...simply because of the violence, langauge and nudity. So for the younger members, this is a title to avoid.
Stephen

Postby BrianC » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:54 am

What about the original Armitage III OVAs? Dual Matrix is a sequel to those. I heard that Armitage III Polymatrix is a shorter dubbed version of the OVAs turned into a movie.
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:00 pm

Yes that is correct Polymatrix is in short, the OVA condenced. I have that OVA reserved at suncoast, and will be watching Polymatrix tonight....I will review all of Armitage over time...expect Poly Matrix soon.
Stephen

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews