January Art Contest - add your entries here!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

January Art Contest - add your entries here!

Postby inkhana » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:52 pm

Here are the rules for the first art contest!

//Anyone who wishes to participate will post their entry in this thread only! All entries appearing in other threads will not be taken into consideration.

//All entries will, most importantly, comply with the general rules of CAA. Entries with a sexual connotation of any kind (including but not limited to hentai, yaoi and yuri), as well as those with graphic violence or profanity, are instantly disqualified. The judges reserve the right to exclude an entry if they feel that it is fanart based upon an unwholesome anime title. Entries that do not have some relation with the current art contest theme will be disqualified also.

//If any member posts work that is not his or her own, whether it is official work or fanart, they will be disqualified from all future art contests and their current entry will be thrown out.

//This contest ends January 31. At the end of the contest, all entries will be submitted to a judging panel previously chosen by the admins and mods of CAA. Judging will be based on two criteria: artistic merit and adherence to theme. When a winner is selected, the winning entry will be placed on the front page of CAA and their name will be announced in a new thread.

This month's theme is...crossovers!

Whether it's your favorite anime villains in battle or your favorite heroes just hanging out, show us what you've got. There are no limits on the number of series you can cross over (well, you have to have more than one, of course...:P).

Just be sure to post your entries in this thread. We will NOT move entries from other locations; you MUST post them here yourself.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby churchgirl111 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:48 pm

i am sorry but i don't understand the theme of cross overs can you please elaborate???
Thankyou
[quote] If not now then when? If not me then who?- anonymous

:thumb: LOVE AND PEACE!!!- Vash the Stampede

This is His testimony: God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son, He who has the Son of God has Life. He who does not have the Son of God does not have Life.-John

Why am i crying in French??- Vash the Stampede
:thumb: :P :jump:
churchgirl111

Postby inkhana » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:04 pm

Just so everyone knows, questions should be PMed to me. Don't clutter the entry thread with any more questions, please - they will be deleted.

Crossovers occur when characters from two different storylines end up in a single world. It can be any scenario (within the bounds of the rules), but must involve characters from at LEAST two different stories. (ie, Kenshin, Vash and Inuyasha in the same pic.)

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Phew, My Pic is Finished..

Postby ThaKladd » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:21 pm

Hey.. :grin:
because no one has yet tried to enter some pic here, I thougt it would be nice to be the first!!

I spent like.. 6 hours on this pic, and I used only Photoshop. :cool:

And, this is like... my 1st time I use Photoshop to draw a whole picture(exept from some small faces I've drawn before). Sorry if the format is unusual, its 1024x480, but I thougt it was best like that....

The picture shows: Cloud from FF7, Card Captor Sakura, and Ash from Pokemon.

They are all beign Saved, and leave their worldly "weapons" or the thing they usually carry, behind, and run to the "Armor of God"(as described in Eph. 6:13-17) to be protected and to fight the true battle!! :thumb:

*Phew*, its kinda fun to make a pic with a message...(I should do it more often...) ;) especially when you give it a kinda humorous touch...

Yea, God Bless!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Yuna-Tairyl Kc » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:24 am

I dun't know if this is good enough but i spent ages on drawing this and it's my favorite drawing,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yuna-Tairyl Kc

Postby JediSonic » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:47 am

ThaKladd, nice pic :) I wonder which one of those characters is going to get each piece of armor.. lol

Yuna, that is a very good drawing, but I think there rules only allow cross-overs this time around. :stressed:
JediSonic

opse, my first time,

Postby Yuna-Tairyl Kc » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:50 am

sorry, i guess i did not under stand,
how about a mix between tenchi muyo Ayeka and final fantasy?
is that okay??
ps thanx for telling me i did sumink wrong
Image Image Image

As the cherry bloosom open's my heart grow's for you,
As the rose petal drop's I fall for you.

many people will walk in and out of your life, but it's true friends that will leave the foot prints behind....
Yuna-Tairyl Kc

Postby inkhana » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:54 am

No, unfortunately, neither of those qualify. As stated above,

but must involve characters from at LEAST two different stories. (ie, Kenshin, Vash and Inuyasha in the same pic.)

There must be more than one character. And everyone, this thread is for ENTRIES ONLY! No comments please (sorry Jedi, I know you were trying to make things right, so no big deal). Although, you are certainly allowed to repost your entry in your personal art thread for critique.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Negotiatrix » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:03 pm

Do the series have to both be anime?;) Well, here's my submission, I hope it counts!
Negotiatrix

Postby inkhana » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:56 pm

Well, we're approaching the end of the month now, so I'm gonna conveniently bump this...XD

Does anyone else have an entry? Remember, the 31st is the deadline and the judging begins on the 1st of Feb! :thumb:

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:41 pm

Monkey D. Luffy of One Piece, Hikaru od Hikaru no go, and the Shao Brothers by yours truly.

EDIT: i dont wanna win by default!
Shao Feng-Li

Postby inkhana » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:38 am

OK, this is the last day for entries! At midnight (central time), this thread will be locked and the judges will be contacted to begin judging. If there's anyone left who hasn't yet put in their submission, hurry hurry!

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

WAIT!!! (last minute entry)

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:45 pm

I'm suppose to return Feb 02 but I just remembered the deadline is today in a couple hours... made it just in time...

NOTES:
  • Hand drawn and inked
  • Colored Using original Powerpuff girls colrs / colred with PHOTOSHOP
  • Matrix background made Manually using various filters and the Japanese Font
  • Gradient fill used on Sun glasses
  • also corners of glasses have lense flare
  • Backgorund USED TO BE black but was changed with Green highlights so as to see the Powerpuffs better (Since their cloths are black(buttercup) they used to be hard to see ontop of the black matrix background...now the green helps them stand out a bit more.
  • ANother change...Background USE TO BE black with highlights but is now completely white... Head over to the art galery and visit my VoltOxide gallary to see all three...they'll be available when I return feb 2.

-Dang...my hands always shake when I'm inking over. In pencil everything looks smooth...I should of used a thicker pigmint liner when tracing on the outside of thier bodies... maybe I should update that before the deadline?

Okay there...this is the final product.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby inkhana » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:40 pm

Eep, I'm of the mind that this technically does not fit our current theme...the idea was to have characters from at least two different series.

Crossovers occur when characters from two different storylines end up in a single world. It can be any scenario (within the bounds of the rules), but must involve characters from at LEAST two different stories. (ie, Kenshin, Vash and Inuyasha in the same pic.)

While you do have a -cosplay- you don't technically have characters from two different series. So...I'm sorry, but it doesn't qualify...-_-;;;

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Negotiatrix » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:09 pm

[quote="Negotiatrix"]Do the series have to both be anime?]
I suppose I should specify that while you can't see his face, that is Roger's arm! So the two characters are Bob from Veggie Tales and Roger from Big O. I was trying to come up with something for Larry too, but couldn't think of anything!
Negotiatrix

Postby inkhana » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:34 pm

LOL! Yeah, I didn't get it at first, but then someone enlightened me about the Veggie Tales reference...XD Then I thought it was really funny...:lol:

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:40 pm

Okay...Better get this up before that Midnight Slowdown...
Thanks for telling me on time...I had time to change it and come up with something better before the submissions deadline.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby inkhana » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:42 pm

*closes thread*

OK, all entries for January's art contest have been received. Thanks for posting, guys! I should have the results up tomorrow or the next day, once all the judges have cast their votes.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Return to Art Contests