Mascot Contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby WaffleMan » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:13 pm

Who could it be? Believe it or not, it's not me!

Golden, Crispy, Bad guys are history. Yeah!

With my griddle of justice I bash the enemy in the head or burn him like so... *Places Griddle on face*
WaffleMan

Postby ShadowCat » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:32 am

What if we had a team? :O Like, a character for each important board, each with a distinct personality? I'm working on some, now.
Here's what I'm thinking...
A general for General (Duh.)
A goof for Goof Off (Duh, again)
A teacher thing for Tutorial
A greeter for Who's Who.
A mechanic for Testing.
An artist for the art boards.
An overly exaggerated anime girl for the Anime Boards.
An overly cool anime guy for the Manga Boards. (always in B&W, of course)
A nerd/worm for the Book Corner and Writing.
A crazy teen for the Jam Session.
A typical RP character for the RP rooms. (Scars, weird hair, weapons, etc.)

Like that. \o.o/
ShadowCat

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:00 am

WaffleMan wrote: Image

*blinks*

That's an Apple III. I have one of those in my closet. Creepy.
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:54 pm

I think my vote goes for the copyright box. Not because it was me, but because everyone can believe it is whatever they want to believe.
uc pseudonym

Postby ShadowCat » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:53 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I think my vote goes for the copyright box. Not because it was me, but because everyone can believe it is whatever they want to believe.

It's kind of like the Anonymous Guy from the *chan cast. >.>
ShadowCat

submission

Postby Noblewreck » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:52 pm

(The entry in post #159 is withdrawn due to being replaced by its revision. The revised entry is post #168 on this thread with the title "submission revisited. " YBIC, Noblewreck :thumb: )

OBKB, :thumb:
Here is my submission. :jump: Whatcha think, guys? Be kind.
I 'm not sure what I may name this critter. Perhaps Caa
(Pronouncing the acronym for Christian Anime Alliance).
Noblewreck

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:27 pm

Wow, Noblewreck. That's cute!
Mithrandir

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:16 am

Noblewreck wrote:OBKB, :thumb:
Here is my submission. :jump: Whatcha think, guys? Be kind.
I 'm not sure what I may name this critter. Perhaps Caa
(Pronouncing the acronym for Christian Anime Alliance).

And it looks VERY Much like my mascot, Christian Kitsune O_O; Its got the fox ears, the wings, the halo.... Only its A little girl. WIERD!!! I LOOOOOVE Foxes which is why my mascot is a fox! :3

D: ITS CUTE THOUGH Very well done too! I'd say this little thing has a good chance! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Noblewreck » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:39 pm

I see the resemblance, Christian Kitsune. Hope its not too much like your fine Kitsune. ^_^ An angelic fox seems to need wings and a Halo. Though without them the character does look more "down-to-earth." That's not bad either. I even thought of doing the same line art as a second submission but as a racoon this time. What do you think? (my nephew has been playing Sly on his Play Station 2 lately -- the main character is a racoon).
YBIC,
Noblewreck
Noblewreck

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:56 am

Noblewreck wrote:I see the resemblance, Christian Kitsune. Hope its not too much like your fine Kitsune. ^_^ An angelic fox seems to need wings and a Halo. Though without them the character does look more "down-to-earth." That's not bad either. I even thought of doing the same line art as a second submission but as a racoon this time. What do you think? (my nephew has been playing Sly on his Play Station 2 lately -- the main character is a racoon).
YBIC,
Noblewreck

It doesn't really matter to me, I just worry that people will confuse CAA with me. I wouldn't want CAA to be associated with JUST me. Either way, it's VERY cute. and I do love it! If you don't change it, hopefully people will know that my mascot is an animal, while yours is just a super kawaii little girl wearing a fox outfit! I'll just be sure that if I do draw my mascot as a girl someday, that I won't make her look like yours. XD

It's up to you on what you do with it, I don't want to step on anyone's toes here. ^^

A racoon would also be cute, though!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Photosoph » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:11 pm

Ah, Sly... I like that game (and the sequel. Whereas the 'threequel' I've only played 5 mins on, so I can't yet give a conclusive opinion ;) ).

Dang -that's so cute! XO I think that while it does have some resemblance to CK's fox, it should be okay. Your angel fox looks different enough to the anthro winged fox, CK; but, as you said, if you ever draw your character as a little girl, you'll need to make her look different ~_^.

I agree; this mascot has a really good chance. ^_^ And if she wins, I'd love to draw one of the pictures (as was suggested somewhere, I think...) of her for accompanying the forums somewhere. =3
Gah. I think I confused myself with that last phrase. But bah; if you can understand it, right on. :thumb: :lol:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby ShadowCat » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:56 pm

\o.o/
The first one needs to be cleaned up a bit, and the second one is just a sketch.
ShadowCat

Mascot contest

Postby Noblewreck » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:26 pm

ShadowCat,
Your skills are showing. Good job. Are you familiar with any old Japanese stories about winged cats. Seems I've got a glimps of such.

Photosoph,
I like your puppy drawing skills, very kawaii and chibi. Sly on the Playstation looks like fun. My nephew lets me watch. ;_; maybe he will let me play someday. What exactly happened to Demetri -- he's now in a wheelchair. Racoon Mascot still on the mental burner. If that last line made sense, right on. :thumb:

Photosoph wrote: ^_^ And if she wins, I'd love to draw one of the pictures (as was suggested somewhere, I think...) of her for accompanying the forums somewhere. =3

Sounds good... I think. ;)

ChristianKitsune,
I think you might have a point there my friend. I'm seriously thinking of removing the wings and halo. I think the critter will do fine that way. I have another non-fox character in mind with wings & halo. Keep shining CK. :thumb:
Noblewreck

Postby ShadowCat » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:36 pm

\^o^/ Thank you. Your entry is awesome.

I think a cat really represent us, though. |:3
Think about it...
-Catboys/girls is a super common..species..?
-"Neko" is one of the Japanese words everyone knows.
-The "3"-shaped mouth was taken from cats.
-"CAA" is practically "CAT" \o.o/
-The cat's slit-shaped eyes are constantly used in bad-guy eyes, (Unless it's a snakey bad guy, or something.) and at the same time, cats don't HAVE to have the slanty eyes.
-Lions are in the cat family, and lions are often featured in Christian metaphors (sometimes representing Jesus.) Cats are the smaller version, though, just as we are small compared to God. I also chose a kitten, because although cats are considered independent, they are still extremely dependent as kittens. (Cats are also misunderstood and misrepresented, just like Christians~)
-There are also stories, as Noblewreck pointed out, about winged cats from old Japanese stories.
ShadowCat

submission revisited

Postby Noblewreck » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:41 pm

KC,
I think you have a point and to save confusion between our two critters here is a replacement entry minus the angelic appendages. ^_^ This is my first entry updated/resubmitted. I think it works. :jump:
Your Brother in Christ,
Noblewreck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Noblewreck

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:59 pm

Noblewreck wrote:KC,
I think you have a point and to save confusion between our two critters here is a replacement entry minus the angelic appendages. ^_^ This is my first entry updated/resubmitted. I think it works. :jump:
Your Brother in Christ,
Noblewreck

You really didn't have to change your entry! I hope I wasnt rude to you about that...^^; I really did love it!!! Now I feel bad for saying anything..-_-

She is still uber cute without the wings and halo though.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:09 pm

oh man. i didnt realize that there were a whole bunch of winged/haloed characters.

I guess mine will be just another one of those. =A=

well, here is Isaiah. I named him after my fave bible verse, Isaiah 61 1-3.

He's a winged lion. er... lion cub.

I picked a lion cub because in Daniel 7:4, it talks about a lion with wings. So I thought taht would be a good idea, since its from teh bible and all.
He's a cub because.. well cubs are cute, but also because a lot of times, the bible refers to people as lion cubs.

XP

so yeah.

The things written on his scarf are just 3 things that come to mind when I think about Christianity.

there. I'm done.

ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

No Problem

Postby Noblewreck » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:19 pm

No, not at all, CK. I think you made a valid point in a nice kind manner. ^-^ And I like her fine without those additional parts. :thumb:

ChristianKitsune wrote:She is still uber cute without the wings and halo though.

T'anks CK. :) I think she'll do too. :thumb:

Your Brother In Christ,
Noblewreck
Noblewreck

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:26 pm

Okay, Noblewreck! ^_^ Thank you!

OMGOSH, SAVVY! THAT LION IS SOOOOO CUTE!! He and Eso's entry can be siblings XD

I am working on our entry for Caz and Cari being together...no worries, and I might enter one more on my own. I got her sketched out so yeah..

I am posting an entry now but...

THIS IS BAKURA FAN'S ENTRY I only colored it for her. I don't know if she is back from vacation or not, so I am going to go ahead and post if for her because she asked me to post it two weeks ago, but I just now finished, sorry about the wait BKFG!

If the colros are wrong plese correct me, I forgot what you said to color him if you even did...

This is Nicki Nicki everyone. ANd he is (C) to Bakura Fangirl.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Noblewreck » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:06 pm

CK, I like your use of color. Bakura Fangirl, cool art. Heroic yet Kawaii. You gals rock. :rock:
Noblewreck

Postby bakura_fan » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:33 pm

wow! Nicki-nicki looks so cute that way! ^_^ and well, it turns out that i have a job lined up back here in WA, so i'll be staying here while Micah goes back for another college semester.

And about the colors, i had always imagined more earthy colors, but the bright colors are so cute, it doesn't matter. ^_^ good job. and again, thanks for coloring it for me.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:32 pm

bakura_fan wrote:wow! Nicki-nicki looks so cute that way! ^_^ and well, it turns out that i have a job lined up back here in WA, so i'll be staying here while Micah goes back for another college semester.

And about the colors, i had always imagined more earthy colors, but the bright colors are so cute, it doesn't matter. ^_^ good job. and again, thanks for coloring it for me.

no problemma!
Thanks, Noblewreck!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ShadowCat » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:26 am

CAAT!
Maybe that can be this guy's name? :p
Kidding~
But, here some more of him.
His colors/type of cat changes with his mood.
Yus, I messed up on a lot of things, including the lack of color on that one part of the wing.
ShadowCat

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:38 am

here is another entry.

she's the CAA angel. :D

shes kinda all electronic/sci-fi-y because well... CAA is a website. on the interweb.

XD

so i decided to make her sci-fi-ish. lol
i tried to keep her colors similar to CAA's colors. tee hee.

the end.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:01 pm

ooooooh CHIBI! THATS AMAYZING!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Warrior Mascot

Postby Noblewreck » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:36 am

Chibiphonebooth, Your angel is cool. Very "hi-tech." Good Job.

Here is a collaborative effort. The idea is from KhakiBlueSocks and the art is done my me. :jump:
Noblewreck

Postby firestorm » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:22 pm

So is today the last day to put an entry or tommorrow?
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Ashley » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:22 pm

Entries close tomorrow.
Ashley

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:47 pm

So here is CK and my entry!

it's Caz and Cari! :D

yup.

she drew Cari, and I drew Caz. it's pretty awesome if i do say so myself. XD

great work, Ck! :3
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:00 pm

yaay! ^_^ that was a fun project to work with you, Savvy! ^_^ Thanks for the opportunity! :3 They look really cute! :3

NW CUTE little guy! ^_^ you did Khaki's idea very well! ^_^ I really love the colors you chose!

Shadow Cat, aww what a cute little guy! great job on him too
here is my FINAL entry:

This is an explorer and her name is Cami. I feel that she and her friends, Lumi the robotic Lantern, and her dog Dana can represent CAA because they represent the fact that Christians can be like explorers too. ^_^

For instance, we love to find and help out those that need it. And we also try to keep our light burning brightly.

Although CAA is a forum, it is a site for Anime Reviews. Anime shouldn't be considered Taboo, and there are many Christians that believe this. The reviews of the anime series are written from a Christian persepective, and it has been a great tool in showing parents that not all anime is bad.

There are so many good entries in this contest...I I have had a blast seeing all of the amazing creativity that the othere artists on CAA have. Good luck everyone! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Previous Next

Return to Art Contests