Mascot Contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:58 pm

Go advanced - *scroll a bit down until you find manage attachments* upload the image you are after, then post :)
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Photosoph » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:01 pm

Wow; I like your new character, Jaden. ^_^ I agree -really nice clothes, but I like her hair and eyes too.

Aw! Those characters are so cute! X3 They're all good, but the first two are my favs, O-Musume.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Photosoph » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:20 pm

All right... sorry to double-post, but that's the way to bump a thread. ^_^" And this is an entirely new subject, anyway.

Finally! I've got an entry to submit. ^_^ I've got a few more... I'll see if I can finish them up before the due date. :sweat:
I had trouble figuring out his colouring, so there are quite a few tries... but the last, with the blue and orange, is my favourite.
A few other non-coloured pictures in there too, for poses 'n stuff. ^^
'Cha'! is a possible name, but really I don't have many ideas that aren't too girly for this character. Like 'Stroodle' (not too bad... but still), Caramel, etc. :sweat:
Maybe 'Yum-cha'? (Yes, I know my names are centering around food. But I've found that food often make good names for animals...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Oh my goodness.

That's TOO cute, Photosoph. XD Awesome job!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Photosoph » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:25 pm

Aw... thanks, RD! :hug: =^^=
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:31 pm

hey photosoph, if it works for akira toriyama, why not?

btw this is my official declaration that i'm gonna make my own attempt at the caa's mascot, i just hope i can get it to the quality that ashley's looking for by the due date
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Seppuku » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:54 am

nice puppy ^-^

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:25 pm

awwww so cute, Photosoph!! I love Cha!!! ^_^

*glomps the puppeh*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:15 pm

SOOO Cute photosoph... I really need to finish my entry!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby USSRGirl » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:58 pm

Sooo kawaii Soph! I just love the way you draw animals! *glomps* Hmm... food related names? How about Shashimi?! XD
USSRGirl

Wolf Anthro entry

Postby Photosoph » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:26 pm

Aw man: thank you so much guys. ^_^ Once again thank you RD, and also Y-Knight, Seppuku, CK, Vernhal, and Temmy. ^_^ Glad you guys like it! \^_^

Hmm... Sashimi, eh? Sounds like a good name. :P

<EDIT>All right, I finished colouring a wolf anthro mascot. ^_^
There are two views -and basically they do look a little different from each other, despite the different poses. The one on the left is my first version of this wolf guy, the one on the right was a second rendition. So they're both the same character, but their proportions (and also the way their knees bend) change slightly from one to the other.

I'm not sure of a name... but I do like 'Sashimi'. :P Apart from that... maybe 'Sorbet' or 'Icewind' or something. ^_^ I'm not sure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:39 pm

very spiffy, somewhat ratchet and clank-esque if i may say so, which is a good thing in my opinion
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Photosoph » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Cool; I'm a Ratchet and Clank fan myself, so I take it as a compliment. :grin: Thanks!

Yes... please excuse the overload of last-minute-entries from myself... after this there might be one more, or there might not. ^_^" But anyway, seeing as people seem to like the monket...

Meet 'Shay' (or Chez, or whatever other name you want to give him). He's a pirate-ninja monket... and that's about all I can say about him. He does enjoy muffins and cookies, as well as the occassional piratical or ninja adventure. Not to mention anime and manga, as well as gaming. Keep him away from your playstation 2... ;)
Proficient with the sword (notably the pirate-style cutlass) and ninja throwing stars. Good at sailing, finding treasure, and sneaking around ninja-style. ~_^ :grin:

You may notice the different styles in swords, varying number of stripes, and the different symbol on the bandana -these vary a little bit in each picture. But: basically he has four stripes on his shirt (two white, two purple), the symbol used in the majority of pictures is the correct one (but can always be changed later. It's just pretty basic and random at the moment :) ) and the correct sword is the cool-looking one. I.E, not the one used in the first drawing.

Only the two pictures in the middle were fully cel-shaded; the others are just coloured, though the props such as the sword and throwing star were coloured too.
I've sized them down for this picture -I have a bigger version of each picture.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:25 pm

HOLY CRAP.

Photosoph, I vote for that Monket. 100% all the way (Though I prefer the one in your avatar the most XD).
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:27 pm

Oh gosh, Photosoph, the monket-ninja is TOO cute. XDD I especially love the pictures on the top right and bottom middle--SO adorable. XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:30 pm

i have another entry coming up. :D

but first i need to get over being sad. ;-;

and then i'll upload the next one. cause i needa color it. wee.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Photosoph » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:25 pm

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that Chibi. V_V I hope something comes along to make you really happy soon.

Thanks, MSP. :grin: Glad you like it -I wanted to design a slightly different monket for CAA, in case I end up using the one in my avatar somewhere else and it complicates things. @_@ It was neat to design a new costume 'n stuff. XD

Hehe, gracias, RD! \^_^ Glad you like him! :grin: I like those two pictures too... extreme poses are so much fun! XD Rofl. XP

Hm? *Checks first post of the thread again* Wow! I didn't realise it was the 25th of July that was the closing date. I thought it ended this month! Wah! Cool. :grin: If I decide to enter another entry, I can actually do that. ^_^ I might end up leaving it as is, though. :) Three's a crowd, 'n all. :P
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:32 pm

Photosoph wrote:Wow! I didn't realise it was the 25th of July that was the closing date. I thought it ended this month! Wah! Cool. :grin: If I decide to enter another entry, I can actually do that.

"And this, children," said the moderator, "is how procrastination begins: not with a bang, but with a 'Oh there's still time.'"
Mithrandir

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:11 pm

I say enter as much as you want, Photosoph! It makes things interestin'

>:)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Photosoph » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:40 pm

Rofl! So true. XD Can I quote you on that, Mith? I think it would make a neat signature over at Deviant Art. :grin:

Thanks, CK; yup, maybe I'll find time for more entries. ^_^ I'll see how I go.
Oh, speaking of which -Khaki put a cool idea down in the other Mascot Contest thread. Drawing people isn't my strongest point... but maybe you might like to take a crack at his idea? It sounds good. :)
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby soul alive » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:46 pm

Wah - time, time, I hope I can get something done - I have ideas. *flaps hands about*

There are some really awesome entries.

And - CUTE! I love the monket and wolf entries, Soph!
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:04 pm

[quote="Photosoph"]Rofl! So true. XD Can I quote you on that, Mith? I think it would make a neat signature over at Deviant Art. :grin:

Thanks, CK]
hmm really?! i will go take a look XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby angelofdarkness » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:22 pm

ok i got it done....well kind of i dont have a scanner and stuff and i dont know if someone has taken my idea hopefully not lol but i have and issue...my pc doest have the program i need T_T so i have to pencil color it lol yeah il turn in it as soon as i can it just a first draft so yeah lol.
angelofdarkness

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:20 pm

Well here is my first entry... hehe and first A STORY-

Archangel Michael was taking his daily stroll through the experimental wing of angel academy when suddenly he heard a bang, followed by an oozing popping sound. He quickly ran into the adjacent room and saw a young student holding a new... oozing life form in his hand. Soon the oozing stopped and their floated the most amazing looking angel Michael had ever seen. First off it could fit in the palm of ones hand. It's body was composed of two parts, A large bulbous head and an undersized torso. It was completely blue except for its yellow eyes and halo and a white stripe down its belly. It also had the most ginormous eyes.

"musta been an accident" Michael quickly though. But soon he felt a powerful presence around him.

"You know I don't make accidents. I have a very special plan in mind for this new angel."

"Of course. I should never have doubted you." Michael said quickly, embarassed.

"I need you to take this little guy to the caa, he is there new guardian angel."

So yep their is the story hehe...

here he is! ^_^ CAA's own guardian angel TENSHI!

CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Photosoph » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:53 pm

No problem, Angelofdarkness. ^_^ Pencil colouring is fine. And hey, if you want someone to computer-colour it for you, feel free to ask. ^_^ As long as it's not too detailed, I might be able to do a cel-shaded version for you. Just PM me if you're interested. Oh, but just so you know: I'll do my best, but I can't guarantee perfection. :P
I look forward to seeing your mascot. \^_^ I like pencil colouring, anyway. ^^

Wah; it's so cute, Vernhal! X3 I love it! Actually, strangely enough it reminds me of a random creature I made up a few years ago. It's just the shape of its head and its body... though mine didn't have wings or a halo. ;) Very, very cute. =^_^=
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:23 am

Photosoph wrote:Rofl! So true. XD Can I quote you on that, Mith? I think it would make a neat signature over at Deviant Art. :grin:

Of course. I don't mind when people quote me. :D
Mithrandir

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:45 pm

Vernhal, I think that picture almost made me explode with cuteness overload!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Okami » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:24 pm

\o.o/ I agree with Kitsune! Now I am giggling madly with a cuteness disease XD

IT'S SO DANG CUTE I WANNA SQUEEZE IT FOREVER!!!
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:18 pm

please don't take this the wrong way, but it reminds me of a snoodle from the veggie tales series

'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:00 pm

You prefaced a post about a video that's, "A lesson in self worth" with the phrase "don't take this the wrong way."

I'm trying to decide whether I should laugh about that or now.
Mithrandir

Previous Next

Return to Art Contests