April original character contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

April original character contest

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:25 am

Hello fellow CAA'ers and Artists. This is a beautiful month and I find it fitting that we have a original character contest to go with that :)

The subject I want you base your drawings upon is this simple line.

*At the end of the road*

Will it be a person at the end of his life? Will it be a crossroad where he has to chooce beetwen two things? It don't have to be a road litteraly, however it may symbolise that sentance in a varaiety of different ways. A person at the end of his torment? A warrior fighting to the end? There are many choices, I look foreward to seeing yours.

4 sections will be juged.

Most Creative Design
Most creative background
Best technical entry
Best Bio/personality/history applied to the character

Its a busy month, however I hope to see entries if possible :D

*Could a mod please move this to the art contest area*?
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Aileen Kailum » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:34 am

*looks around*

So THIS is where the contest was! Anyway, I'm going to try and get something done for this one. *already has idea...*
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
Aileen Kailum

Postby Yumie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:48 am

I'm sorry this sat in goof-off for so long! I didn't see it when the thread was created. >.<
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:57 pm

No problem, hopeing for enteries here :D

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:03 pm

OOC: Now… I am going to have fun with you Jaden Mental MWAH HA HA HAA!!! :). Fear my evil skilz!

AT THE END OF THE SPORK

In honor of Temulin’s victory over Jaden Mental in the first annual CAA sporkoff!- The judges have spoken for the people.

This is a picture of a character at the end of the road, the end of a spork off that is… but… he isn’t in the picture! Behold the last moments of Jaden Mental as imagined from his own eyes, at the edge of the infamous spork! Imagine being their beneath the awesome, infinitely more powerful Temulin as she stands, triumphant communist cloak swaying in the wind! Behold the army servebots in the background marching ever forth waiting… waiting to tear you apart as soon as the spork struck forth… but in the meantime, there is only that horrible eternal silence, ever waiting for the end to come, but having too little time to do anything about it amidst the chaos of your failed strategy. Finally conclude that you have lost since the very beginning, as none would stand chance against the power and the fury that is… TEMULIN!!!

(This is the color piece)

(This is the hand drawn piece done before the picture was scanned in, just to see how it’s come)

Unfortunately this pic is at about 25% of the original size because the full (perfect un-compressed) version was about 25 megabytes in bitmap form… so I don’t think I’ll be putting it on CAA. Heh he… and JM… Temulin is always watching… well… most of the time.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Aileen Kailum » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:52 pm

Even though I don't really support Temulin, I have to admit that's a cool picture. Good job, Pascal.

Well, here's my entry:

Just because the author says the story's over doesn't mean it's true. Sometimes the characters have to take things into their own hands to ensure a satisfactory ending.

Unhappy with how the story turns out, Tel--the one complaining about losing his memory--gathers up his fellow characters and begins a campaign for a sequel. After some thought, they strike upon an effective strategy.

From right to left: Tel, Meriwether, Delmar, and Juin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Aileen Kailum

Postby Esoteric » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:35 pm

Wow, after it was buried for so long...two entries before the end of April? I'm impressed you two! I love the comedy in both. Excellent job!
Esoteric

Postby Dante » Tue May 01, 2007 7:08 pm

Wha?! SOMEONE DARE POST A CHALLENGE AGAINST THE GLORIUS IMAGE OF TEMULIN! And quite good I might add, well, hopefully I'll win so that I can spare you the wrath of Temmy's flame spork O_o. Anyways, most very comical, though I do not know which series you are reffering to, I must make note that I wish the characters of Chrono Chross would perform this on Square Enix... we need a chrono break... one that ties up all the loose ends and opens up NEW questions for well... even more cool stuff. That and the makes of the series need to take some serious physics courses!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby USSRGirl » Tue May 01, 2007 8:42 pm

HA! My holy likeness blows those quarreling chibis outta the water! PICK ME AS VICTOR! Er... Pascal. Or I'll do a live reinactment on the spot and use Delmar as a shield (heheh, sorry Aileen... dunno why I'm picking on him because I usually like the dark creepy villain types)
USSRGirl

Postby Aileen Kailum » Tue May 01, 2007 9:02 pm

Don't worry about it. I'd use Delmar as a shield too. He's really a bit of a jerk. I think it's the hair.

And the characters are all from my own story, so that's why you don't recognize them, Pascal.

Aileen Kailum

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu May 03, 2007 12:03 am

Pascal, you win in 3 of the 4 points. Only outgunned in the position of personality/history/bio :)

Jingo Jaden

Postby soul alive » Thu May 03, 2007 1:45 pm

Ah. I never saw this. ;_;
Are we going to have a May contest, Jaden?
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Dante » Thu May 03, 2007 5:15 pm

Woohooo! Hail Temulin!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Aileen Kailum » Thu May 03, 2007 7:56 pm

Congratulations, Pascal!

*waits for May's contest*

Aileen Kailum

Postby Dante » Thu May 03, 2007 10:08 pm

Thank you Aileen! Just finished seting up May's contest in the general forum! :P good luck to everyone, and I may be entering this one cause no one entered when I didn't enter the last one O_o. But we'll see.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby USSRGirl » Sun May 06, 2007 4:16 pm

Congratulations, Pascal. You have done Temuoplis proud. And noooo, citizens of the art forum, this has not been a bias decision in any way, shape, or form. It was pure coincidence that very few other artists showed up.

:: Picks up walkie-talkie and mumbles into it ::

"Servebot #57, why did you fail to have Aileen run over by a Frito Lays delivry truck like the others?!"

Servebot #57: "We-we're sorry, Miss Temulin. We just couldn't run over those cute chibis."

Temulin: "......... I ORDER YOU TO SELF DESTRUCT RIGHT NOW!!!!!"

"........ *eerie silence*.........."
USSRGirl

Return to Art Contests