Febuary Coloring Contest 07

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:22 am

Wow, great job, LQ! :D I love the colors, and the background is really neat! Great job!

As of now, though, the contest is officially closed. XD I'll try to get the results up by later tonight--if not then, tomorrow afternoon, at the latest. :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Photosoph » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Great entry, LQ! Great to have you participating in this month's contest too. ^_^ Heh heh, glad the extension prodded you into action. ;)
Love the cool textures etc in the background, and the velvet-y look of her purple suit looks really cool. I used to have a really nice velvet shirt about the same colour... X3 ...Don't you wish you could fit some clothes forever? ~_~"
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:14 pm

Ok! I'm here with the results! XD

All of you guys did an amazing job, and there's aspects in all of the pictures that I like a lot! Judging these was pretty hard, but I've come up with some results after all. XD

For Best Technical:
Esoteric

I REALLY loved the whole atmosphere of the picture! The colors were all well-picked, the shading was lovely, the extra effects were great, and the sky was absolutely gorgeous! The texture on the wings is very realistic, too. Excellent work!

For second place in Technical:
Soul Alive

You and Eso were pretty close. XD Your cel shading always makes for a lovely picture, and I liked the colors you chose, too. Also, you pretty much nailed the lips--I find that very hard to do. XD Great work!

For Most Creative:
White Raven

The whole playing card thing is very cool! Way to think out of the box! :D

For second place in Creativity:
Goldenspines

I love the way you colored the actual lineart in the colors that you would normally fill it with! Very cool idea, and the black background really makes it stand out! Great work!

And Photosoph, I want you to know that you were SUPER close in Best Technical. XD I love your entry!

Great work, you guys!

And since I never saw this earlier:

White Raven wrote:Hey RD is it ok if I put this on my DA? And if it is what should I call you in the credits?

Yes, absolutely! My DA is "Rurouni-Kaoru", so it'd probably be best to credit the lineart to that name. XD Thanks for asking!
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:45 pm

WOW great job everyone...

grr... with my tablet pooping out on me and the school play taking up my life I didn't get a chance to enter... aahh well I will probably still color the lineart for fun!

I will get the march contest up now....
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:48 pm

Vernhal wrote:WOW great job everyone...

grr... with my tablet pooping out on me and the school play taking up my life I didn't get a chance to enter... aahh well I will probably still color the lineart for fun!

I will get the march contest up now....

Yeah, I noticed while I was looking through the posts again that you never entered! :O Be sure to post it on CAA though, if you ever do get around to coloring it! I wanna see! :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:51 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Yeah, I noticed while I was looking through the posts again that you never entered! :O Be sure to post it on CAA though, if you ever do get around to coloring it! I wanna see! :D

I will make sure to do that ^_^

here is the march contest everyone!

http://christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1093392#post1093392
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby White Raven » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:11 pm

This is a total shock for me. The competition on this one was so tough. Everyone did such a good job.

I don’t think I deserved first place most creative. (But thank you very much.)

And congratulations to everyone, like I said everyone’s color job was awesome, I loved them all.

PS LQ I seen yours. I loved the background and the green skin!
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby soul alive » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:34 pm

Congrats, Esoteric, White Raven, and Goldenspines!

Lips are hard to do - their shape is so variable... >.<
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby goldenspines » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:15 pm

Oh wow, Congratulations Esoteric, Soul alive, and White Raven. ^_^
All the entries were awesome!
goldenspines

Postby Photosoph » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:58 pm

Congratulations everybody! I had lots of fun, and I think the winners were definitely well chosen. It was a hard contest to judge. o_O I'm looking forward to the March contest. I'm glad it's already begun. ^_^ I'm off to go take a look at it!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Esoteric » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:55 pm

Wow. Congrats everyone! I'm surprised you were able to choose winners at all RD, everyone's stuff was so good this time!
Esoteric

Postby ShadowCat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:12 pm

This month was packed full of entries. \o.o/
Congratulations all o.o/
ShadowCat

Previous

Return to Art Contests