October Original Character Contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby fairyprincess90 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:55 pm

i dont like this picture... heh. V.V
i used pen, pencil, and crayons.
yeah... crayons... i wish i didnt do that... i thought it would look cool but it didnt turn out the way i wanted it. V.V
oh well.

well, the story is:

One sunny afternoon, the fairy princess decided to go for a horse ride out in the woods. As she was riding and enjoyoing the lovely day, she was attacked. The attackers stole her horse and shot her in her wing. She stumbled through the woods tripping over branches and rocks and scraping her legs and arms. She tried finding home, but soon it got dark and she became tired. She fainted from pain and exhaustion. But, along came Magar. Magar was a handsome man who lived in the woods and happened to be out looking for firewood when he came across the poor princess lying in the dirt. So, he bent down and carefully picked her up, taking her to his home where he would nurse her back to health.
He did not know that he'd soon fall in love with this fairy princess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

[color="Magenta"]www.bethmarie.org[/color]

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]My ♥ belongs to TimothyMichael[/SIZE][/color]
fairyprincess90

Postby soul alive » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:54 pm

Very cute fairyprincess! Great job with her wings, and I love her shoes.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Esoteric » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:10 am

Very nice, fairyprincess! The crayon really isn't that bad. I like the colors you used and the style of clothing. Very cool! Nice story too...sounds like a fairy tale I'd like.
Esoteric

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:35 am

Coolies pic there ^_^ Nice entery ^^
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby soul alive » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:11 am

I thought I would have time, and I still might this weekend, but don't count me out yet, I'm still going to try to do the contest - I have an idea, there's just another drawing I need to do before I can do this. arg.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Esoteric » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:07 am

It's October 31st! Last call! Entries end at midnight (unless someone gives me an amazingly good reason to extend the deadline.)
Esoteric

Postby soul alive » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:03 am

I won't have time to do it this month. ;_; Sad. I just happened to have midterms and huge projects due about every week this month...

But don't count me out next month.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:40 pm

Sorry, my brain was wiped of any good ideas for this one. I plan on doing the next one though (if I can get an idea for this one).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Esoteric » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:31 am

Too bad, but hopefully we'll see you around next time. All right! Entries are now closed. I will confer with Jaden. The winners will be announced soon.
Esoteric

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:27 am

OK, here are the jugde opinion.

First off chibs ^^

Creative design - AWARD! Like the atmosphere you created in that drawing. The trees compliment the scene, however I wonder how it would have turned out if there was some moonlight in the background.
Creative background - A runaway scene with a sence of drama, well done there ^^
Technical design - A nice drawing ^^
Bio/personality/history - Here is some of what I liked, it goes well with the creative background due to the drama, it gives the reader comfort in continueing, nicely done ^^

TLQ *The Lizardqueen*

Creative design - Well done, it sure is creative and it looks nice there, a nice display ^^
Creative background - AWARD! Really liked the colors, made it look really strong and the apperance gets highlighted, well done!
Technical design - AWARD! A well technical submition, neat! :)
Bio/personality/history - Liked the story, its is unfinised and raises the curiosity :)

Fairyprincess

Creative design - Goes well with the history, well done :)
Creative background - The atmosphere is nice considering the conditions and helps the image getting forewarded in a nice way.
Technical design - Nice to see that other stuff than just pencils are used on the images in this contest, well done :) *Liked the design on the male character there*
Bio/personality/history - AWARD! It sure could suit for a fairytale ^^ A nice compostion there :)

Best creative design - Chibi_wolf454
Best creative background - TLQ
Best technical submition - TLQ
Best bio/personality/history - FP90

The winner is TLQ, I will send a contact pm shortly, well done and thanks to those who did enter the contest ^^
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Esoteric » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:32 pm

Yeah, congrats everyone! I hope LQ checks the thread soon...(school work has been keeping her away from CAA).
Esoteric

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:38 pm

I'm here! I'm here! ....and I won something?

Thanks so much Jaden ^^ I really just enjoyed drawing something that wasn't going to get critiqued by a buncha cranky sleep-deprived art students at school. I'm not sure how a magical moose would go over there ;D

And congrats chibiwolf and fairyprincess! Very cool entries.

Hopefully I'll have the new thread up sometime tomorrow night. I think O_o *is rather new to this contest*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Previous

Return to Art Contests