September Coloring Contest 06

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:31 pm

wow thanks everyone ^_^

meebs that's really awesome!!! I really wish my digitital skillz were better but alas, I like colored pencil way to much right now...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Nami » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:58 am

CR-Chan Oh my gosh!!! I love it!! That is awesome!

Meb Good job Nate!! i love it!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:43 pm

gjsadhgldsjghdskgjsdk IT'S DONE!!!

It has taken me SO long to finish this!! XD I've been working really hard on it since something like two or three weeks ago, I guess, and now I'm ~finally~ finished! I REALLY hope you all like it, because I put a LOT of work into it!

Hope you all like it!! :) Oh, and I colored it in Photoshop CS.

Oh, and before I forget...While I was coloring this character, I couldn't stop thinking about how similar he looked to Oboro, from Utaware! XD That made coloring him really fun. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nami » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:46 pm

RD!!! That is amazing!! I love it soo much! Now I really wanna finish mine! *rushes to work*
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:50 pm

Gasph! How did you do that?!
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:51 pm

Thanks you two! And Jaden, I did it with Photoshop, by using the painting technique that you can use to get a 3D-ish look. It's so time-consuming, though! XD;
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:53 pm

I love it. Better than I'll ever be.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:27 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:gjsadhgldsjghdskgjsdk IT'S DONE!!!

It has taken me SO long to finish this!! XD I've been working really hard on it since something like two or three weeks ago, I guess, and now I'm ~finally~ finished! I REALLY hope you all like it, because I put a LOT of work into it!

Hope you all like it!! :) Oh, and I colored it in Photoshop CS.

Oh, and before I forget...While I was coloring this character, I couldn't stop thinking about how similar he looked to Oboro, from Utaware! XD That made coloring him really fun. XD

*shakes head*

I lose!! HAHA!!

this is brilliantly done, RD!! *huggles* I really love it!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:30 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:*shakes head*

I lose!! HAHA!!

this is brilliantly done, RD!! *huggles* I really love it!

Thank youuuu! And you so do not lose! I loved yours!! :D :hug:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:39 pm

RD you are rad!!!!! I love it!!!! so cool!!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:43 pm

Vernhal wrote:RD you are rad!!!!! I love it!!!! so cool!!

Yaay, thanks so much!! I'm really glad you like it! :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby QtheQreater » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:56 pm

YARG! That is so flippin unfair RD! It's...it's...unbeatable! Too good! I am in awe! @_@
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Esoteric » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:21 pm

Very cool Radical Dreamer. I find the lighting on the cloth folds particularily impressive. And I bet you had fun drawing all those stones, huh?
Esoteric

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:41 pm

Esoteric wrote:Very cool Radical Dreamer. I find the lighting on the cloth folds particularily impressive. And I bet you had fun drawing all those stones, huh?

Thanks! Hahaha, yeah, the stones were a trip. XD That was probably what held up the entry for so long. XD I am trying to work on getting more detailed with my backgrounds (mostly by DOING backgrounds, haha), so I'm glad you like it! :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Photosoph » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:13 pm

:sweat: I've been watching but not commenting for a while. Better catch up! ;)

CR: Very cool! I love how you've added a whole new dimension to the pic with the dragon. I love the real amber colour you've got in the dragon's eyes too. Well drawn, and well coloured! I love how you add other charas to your pics. ^_^ Like the mermaid last time... you did do that one, right? *Hopes she's not rembering the wrong thing...* :sweat:

Meboek Excellent idea with the fading concept. It kinda feels sad and empty... makes me feel melancholy! T_T Still, very well coloured and done. :grin:
And if a pic can make someone 'feel' something, then you've definitely achieved something with it. ^_^

Rad Dreamer *Falls over*. Meh?! So wonderful! You can really see all the hard work you've put into it: the background, foreground, shading and texture... gah! *falls over again*
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:56 pm

LOL yes I did the mermad too

*stares at RD;s again and smiles at it*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby rii namuras » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:37 pm

(Finally finished... So, the first thing that came to my head when I saw the lineart was "JANAAF!" (Or rather, "YOUNGER JANAAF WITH A DAISUKE-ISH HAIRCUT!"), Janaaf being a hawk laguz from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (a laguz is, for those that don't know, a human-ish looking person that can change into an animal. Usually they show outward signs of what animal they are, in this case, wings). So, I had to make this guy into a hawk laguz. The only problem would be he has swords (laguz leave human weapons to humans), but maybe this particular hawk forfeited pride for being able to defend himself when not in his hawk form...)

(It doesn't quite feel finished, but because I'm going to be majorly busy in the next few weeks, I don't have time find out what's missing and do it. Nyu.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rii namuras

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:42 pm

interesting use of real backround vs cartoon emphasis!! ^^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:19 pm

Ooooh, I really like the wings, Ree! You managed to make them look very feathery and believable without making them overly detailed! Yes, I hate drawing wings and feathers. XD Your coloring is so smooth, too! Nice job! :D

And thank youuu, Photosoph! :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby soul alive » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:38 pm

Lovely coloring on the character, Ree - I like the idea of wings.

Beautiful job, RD! I love the 3D method you used, the stones and the hair are just too awesome.
And now I apologize for going critical on you. The perspective on the river is off - the angle is a little off with the eye level in the rest of the drawing, and the banks are a little smooth. You might try compiling a small library of reference pictures for backgrounds, they help so much. ^_^
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:48 am

soul alive wrote:And now I apologize for going critical on you. The perspective on the river is off - the angle is a little off with the eye level in the rest of the drawing, and the banks are a little smooth. You might try compiling a small library of reference pictures for backgrounds, they help so much. ^_^

XD Yeah, by the time I got around to the river, I had just about run out of patience with the background as a whole, so I just sort of threw it together. XD Then again, the river is supposed to be beneath the character, since he's supposed to be sitting high up on a castle wall, but I should have had the grass on the bottom come up a little further, just so it would look at least a little more forshortened (oh, that evil word! XD). I can see what you mean about the banks, though...I should have added some stones or something, now that I think of it. Good idea about the background reference pics, though, that could seriously help in the long run! :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Photosoph » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:52 pm

Ree: really great entry! Like your inspiration too -I think I've only played one Fire Emblem game... and that was a while ago... but I liked it. ^^ Nice original take on the artwork; the photo background's cool, but I think if you'd added a bit of shadow beneath the Laguz it would have placed him better in the scene... or something like that. ^_^" I'm just putting in my two cents worth ;) :P
I really like it! Well done. ^^

Hmm... speaking of the background, it kinda reminds me of the countryside here in New Zealand, a little bit. Though I highly doubt it's a photo from here. :grin:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby rii namuras » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:08 pm

(Haha, yeah, a shadow would've been nice, though it's possible he's floating or something...)

(And I have no clue where the photo's from (I found it on Google Images, to be honest), so it may be from New Zealand.)
rii namuras

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:02 pm

YAY! The contest is alive and thriving! *boogie*

Well, I've been lurking about the thread and the entries are all looking superb! It's amazing to see how you guys are all pushing yourselves, trying new things and refining your techniques ^__^

Indeed, excellent work! :thumb:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Esoteric » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:13 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:YAY! The contest is alive and thriving! *boogie*

Well, I've been lurking about the thread and the entries are all looking superb! It's amazing to see how you guys are all pushing yourselves, trying new things and refining your techniques ^__^

Indeed, excellent work! :thumb:

Aha! Caught ya' slaking off from homework! Move along now! :grin: ;)
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:46 pm

*Glares furiously at LQ with friendly sternness to make sure she moves along back to her homework* >_O Oh wait... that's a squint. :sweat:

Hmm... no more entries? Odd. Maybe there are a few in the works.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Nami » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:00 pm

ACK!! I have to finish!! I am still trying!! I haven't gotten the background yet!! T_T
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:13 pm

oH.. I have been neglecting this thread... T_T oops

lets see... Ree namuras yours is really cool! and very original.. I would never have seen him like that!

Nami.. cant wait to see yours.. and dont worry you have another week to finish!(the 30th isn't until next weekend right??...)

and to anyone else who is still working on one.. can't wait to see them all!

Maybe I should try finishing what I had....
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Photosoph » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:39 pm

It's good to know there's another entry to look forward to! ^_^
Don't worry, Nami. ^_^ You've still got time.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Nami » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:17 am

AHHH!!! *runs in with the picture* Ok this was a bit rushed, but here it is! I did this within a week.. I should have started it from the beginning! Then it probably would have looked better! Anyway here you all go!

I used Photoshop CS for this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yours Truly,
Nami

Previous Next

Return to Art Contests