The August Coloring Contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby Puguni » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:27 am

chibiphonebooth wrote:oh, can i do the same, Puguni?? :3

Ya ya, you can. ^^
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:45 am

SA, I love...what I can see of your picture! For some reason, the page won't load for my computer right now. XD; It looks really great, though! :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:30 pm

Haven't tuned in here for a bit, but wow! Since I've been here, been a bunch of other great pics^^ No way would I be able to vote a winner for this!
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Photosoph » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:06 am

Yeah; there are so many cool entries! :jump:

I'm glad you had a chance to let your cute artistic skills loose, SA. ^_^

Well, here's my entry at last. I didn't end up doing any more tweaking. ^_^" A new day helps me to look at my pics in a new light, and I'm happy with how it is now. It was so much fun to do -and look! This time I actually concentrated on using WARM colours! :wow!: Although the colour blue did make an appearance in the background. :)

(Gah. Back on dail-up connetion for the moment. >_<" So annoying after knowing the wonderful speed of broadband, lol. )

<EDIT>Hey, the blue matches my avatar! :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby meboeck » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:27 am

Aww, I love it, Soph! I absolutely love the background, and the ground itself it really awesome. The color scheme is great too!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:40 am

Woow, I really like it, Photosoph! I love the autumny feel it has; very nice! :thumb:
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby soul alive » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:33 am

Very nice Photosoph. I love the color scheme, and I really like the watercolor feel to the colors. I love fall, 'tis my favorite season along with spring.

And, I really should let the cute artist inside loose more often. XD
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:35 am

Awwww. No Eso entries? *sulks* ^_~

Souba - Your entry is so pretty! Love the pastel colours, and the textures and the super funky swirly lines that you included.

soul alive - The hair colours are two of my faves ^^ The shading on the hair is very nice and I really like the the subtle shading on the body. The blue swirls are lots of fun too and I think the background is working.

Photosoph - Dude. The contrasting oranges and blues are so vibrant! I really like the textures on the logs, leaves and the mushrooms. And the flaming hair is super cool. I love the background colours *.*

AUGH! You guys are making the judging so hard! ;D

In other news, I'm getting my wisdom teeth out in an hour. I'm hoping that I'll still be able to post and close the contest tonight. It might be a few days though before I'm undrugged enough to announce the contest results ^^;
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby soul alive » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:41 am

Ah! Best of luck with your surgery. I had mine out a few years ago. It's not bad at all, but everyone seems to have a different experience with it... I got huge bruises on my cheeks and had an emotional reaction to the anesthesia, lol, but I had next to no pain.

I'll pray it goes well. ^_^
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Photosoph » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:08 pm

Thanks guys; I had a lot of fun creating this entry. It's always cool to have a new pic to colour! ^_^

I hope it goes well too; God bless for your operation, LQ. I hope you'll recover from the drowsiness quickly, and that any discomfort is at a minimum. All the best!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby RubyJewelStone » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:31 pm

Wowies so purdy...^.^
I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when he is silent.
~Author Unknown
RubyJewelStone

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:02 am

Aaaand the contest is closed! (er, as of two nights ago) ^^;

The procedure with my wisdom teeth went fine and I was completely out like a light during the whole thing. I've actually been really comfortable but drowsy over the last day or two. But I am all swollen this morning and according to my dear younger brother I'm currently a dead ringer for Marlon Brando in the Godfather 9_9

Hopefully I'll have the results up by Tuesday or Wednesday. I've already narrowed it down to about three or four pieces for both categories and I may be dragging some guest judges into the fray ;D
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby soul alive » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:21 am

Awesome. Glad it went well.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Photosoph » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:12 pm

Ooo... guest judges. ^_^ Yay!

I'm so glad to hear that you weren't uncomfortable during the following two days. Hope you pick up really well from here, and that the swelling goes down.
Do you have those weird packing things with stiches over the top of them to keep them in place in your mouth? Man, I got so annoyed at those things when I had my teeth done (not wisdom teeth; just molars when I was about 11). ^_^"
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:44 pm

Yay, glad your surgery went well! I remember when I had a few teeth pulled surgically several years ago; the best part about it is being pampered with Jell-o, pudding, and mashed potatoes while you lay on the couch and watch TV. XD Really glad everything went well though, and I'm looking forward to the contest results! :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Souba » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:23 pm

Glad to hear you are doing well, after the procedure Lizardqueen.
Oh and thank you everyone for the comments. I don't color very often but I'm glad it came out well.
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:16 pm

glad your doing well lq!!!

and thanks to everyone who wished me a happy b-day!!

when do we find out the winners??
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:02 pm

EEP! Sorry for the delay in posting the results! Well, I've studied each and every one of the entries, agonized about it a bunch and even sought out one or two outside opinions. And the results of the August Coloring Contest are...

For 'Best Technical'

RubyJewelStone!

RubyJewelStone's entry had excellent use of contrasting colour schemes and very realistic shading. The fire and ice concept was extremely cool too (or should it be 'hot'? hotcool?) :sweat:

For 'Most Creative'

Radical Dreamer!

Radical Dreamer did a great job of establishing an environment for her figure and all of the details in her version are quite astounding :grin:

------------------------

I'd also like to mention that Photosoph's entry was definitely neck-in-neck for the Technical award. Meboeck and ChristianRonin's entries were also super creative and Vernhal's was really well executed. All of you artsy CAA types keep making this contest trickier and trickier to judge ^_~

Thank you so much to everyone that entered!

It's always so great to see so much creativity at work and I was so happy to see so many new faces :thumb:

the_lizardqueen

Postby meboeck » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:36 pm

Congrats to Ruby and Corrie! You both totally deserved it!

[/color]
meboeck

Postby Photosoph » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:46 pm

Thanks! ^^

Yay! Congrats RJS and Rad! :jump: Defintely very well-chosen winners. ^_^

And also congrats and thanks to/for everyone who entered the comp this month; it was so fun having so many colouring buddies!
Extra congrats: LQ for judging and running this comp, and also to the mystery judges (...whoever you are... <.< >.> ), and of course Puguni for the really cute linework.

*Sigh* Well, I guess this month's comp has come to a close. ...Can't wait til next month's one, though. ^_^ Hope I see you guys there!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:23 pm

I knew you'd win RJS! And you, RD! Awesome job, both y'all!!
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:27 am

Awesome job you guys you totally RAWK! yah cya all next contest!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:56 am

Wow!! Thanks so much for picking me! :D Looking through the pictures last night, I was becoming more and more certain that I wouldn't win. XD And congrats to Ruby, I was thinking that I would have picked yours as the winner, had I been judging the contest; it's so good! Thanks so much again, and see you all at next month's contest! I can't wait to get started on the next picture now! :jump:

Radical Dreamer

Postby soul alive » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:40 am

Congratulations both of you; very lovely artworks.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby RubyJewelStone » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:11 pm

I...won?
:dance:

Thanks guys. I didn't think I would seriously win. Heh..I AM capable of winning at something... :lol:

And much congrats to Dreamer. Hers was so wowies.Image Definately much respect points to anyone who does a real background. ;)
I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when he is silent.
~Author Unknown
RubyJewelStone

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:51 pm

I have a quick announcement: I've really, really enjoyed running the contests this summer but I'm probably going to have to be stepping down now that the school year is coming at me like a freight train O_O I'm worried that I might not be around the CAA too much during the semester, so it's hardly fair to let my absenses and homework induced scatterbrained tendencies effect the contests.

Prior to my taking over, Vernhal had expressed an interest in running the contests. We've talked about it and he's agreed to try running them, starting with the September contest. Vernhal has become a 'colouring buddy veteran' and a very active participant in these contests, he's always been so consistent and I believe he is a good candidate ^_^

Thanks again to everyone that's participated in the contests. I'll definitely miss y'all and I'll try to keep an eye on the contests during the semester. And next summer: I'LL BE BACK!

(Oooo! Christmas break! That too!) :grin:

the_lizardqueen

Postby meboeck » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:20 pm

Aw, it's sad to see another person step down. On the upside, you will actually get to get judged if you enter in the winter or summer, and considering the consistent quality of your artwork, you would be quite a contestant.

Vernhal, thanks for volunteering to keep this thing running! As a long-time lurker and more recently a competitor I am glad to see that this contest seems to keepp holding up.

[/color]
meboeck

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:19 am

Aw, sad to see you step down, LQueen! But I'm glad that someone like Vernhal is going to keep the tradition in tact! I plan to become a regular in these contests, and I'd hate to see it fade out now! Glad you're stepping up to the plate, Vernhal! :thumb:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:43 am

http://christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=952099#post952099

there is the new thread for now... until ashley moves it here! if anyone wants to go look!

thanks for your support guys!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Previous

Return to Art Contests