The Coloring Contest: July Edition!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby White Raven » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:59 pm

LOL that was good.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:12 pm

Dear goodness, she actually posted it :lol:

*ahem* Well, after a great deal of discussion and angsting, we've reached a decision. This one was seriously difficult to call ^^;

For 'Best Technical Submission'

White Raven!

WR's entry had excellent use of color, gorgeous effects and amazing amounts of detail. The luminosity is wonderful and the rainbow wings and aurora borealis are especially eyecatching.

For 'Most Creative Submission'

Chii!

The textures and colors in Chii's piece are so fun to look at and the interplay between the blocks and plant-forms in the background is really cool. The bold red hair, the typography and clothing design are fun too, while the entire piece has a nice sense of unity.

With Honorable Mentions for Soul Alive and chibiphonebooth's excellent entries.

Thanks so much to everyone that entered! You guys seriously rocked out this month and made this contest very, very tight to judge ^_^
the_lizardqueen

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:27 pm

and now for CR's Opinions

Thanks To yous:
first off, Thank you so much LQ-chan for letting me submit the line art this month! It was a blast seeing all the entries!

Next to my fellow arteests! You guys are awesome and I really enjoyed every single entry that was submitted.

I would like to add a few comments about the winning entries..and a few "Special" awards at the end of my commentary..

White Rave: Wow..just wow...you're entry was simply amazing! I really loved how you did it. I loved your use of color, and the movement that you created with the Northern Light effect...plus I love the fact that you made pin a constellation!! that was awesome too!! You have great skills...

Chii: As a new person to this contest, I was impressed by your entry. It was amazingly well done. You titled your entry as "Changing Season" While I am not sure if that has any deeper meaning behind it, your picture really identifies with your title. ANd I think that's a major plus!

The way you used your reds, yellows and greens made me think of Summer changing to Autumn, and your folliage and boxed backround was cool too. Very well done...

Chibi: I loved this one a lot. It was really hard to judge this month, and yours was one of the top four finalists. The way you colored Pin was amazing! I loved how you gave her depth and volume. Fantastic job!

Soul Alive: I really loved your backround on this. It was really really well rendered! Congrats!

ANNNNNNNNND NOW!!! For Christian Ronin's Special happy fun time awards!!!!!!

The the winner of the Most Dedicated Colorer: Vernhal!

Dude you gots mad skills, and I always see you entering something..or at least showing a lot of entries. You have submitted a lot of line art for coloring...and you did a wonderful job on this months. Your work never stops amazing.
Because of all that you get the MDC award, Congrats!!!

And the Winner of the Extreme Grossout award:Scribs!

Man, anyone with the ability to make a character designer like myself cringe and laugh at the same time, deserves some sort of award! And that person is you.
It was funny and made me die a little inside.(JK)

You have a sense of humor that I have never seen before...XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby White Raven » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:43 am

I’m in shock.

I never thought I would win this one.

I hope no one is mad that I won BTS two months in a row. (You guys still like me right?)

I was going to bed and I will post again in the morning.

Congratulations to Chii for winning MCS. You did a great job.

Thank you CR and LQ!!! *hugs*

Congratulations to everyone what a awesome month this was.

My Deviant Art

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:43 am

Awesome JOb White Raven! Im sure everyone will agree you ahve deserved it two monthis in a row! your stuff latley has been amazing!

CHii yours was awesome! and so different then usual somehow! it was awesome! something told me it would come down to you and Esoteric!

YAH I GOT MOST DEDICATED!! WOOT GO ME LOL

thanks I love hanging out with artists everywhere! But I feel a real community here at the coloring contest thread! Everyone is so awesome! And so good at art to! O_O And seieing what others can dow ith your lineart is so exhilerating! So LQ... or whoever ends up running the contest in the future! Never hesitate to ask me for lineart! cuz I always.. and I mean ALWAYS have some! And I'm always willing to share it!(besides I'm a tad bit better at lienarting then I am coloring XD)

IF any of you have devart or sheezyart or such I would love to hang out with you there to! I already know some off you do! Meebs LQ CR chibiphonebooth and more! Being around such awesome artists is what sustains me! :)

SO until next month! adios!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby meboeck » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:21 am

Congrats WR and Chii! You both really deserved it! And congrats to chibi and SA as well!

As a side note, now that I have GIMP I will finally become active on Devart again.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Chii » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:43 pm

O.O *ovewhelmed* I won! Yay!! I'm so happy, it was my first time entering any art contest...hehehe ^.^ Thank you so much for picking mine as MCS, I really didn't think I would win with all those amazing entries. Congratulations to White Raven....your submission was spectacular I mean the texture....O.o was awesome..

*HUGGLES* CR and LQ you made my day ^.^
Whatever the sentiment, Whatever the expression
The most beautiful thing in the world is love
Chii

Postby Photosoph » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:51 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:YAY! An appearance of teh Photosoph! ^.^

It's good to be back! ^_^

meboek wrote:IT'S PHOTOSOPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you around! Hopefully at some point you will be able to join us again.

Nice to see you too! Yeah, I'd love to join in again]PHOTOOOSOPH!! *le glomp of happy fluffy funtimes*

I think that's what they were talking about...^^;[/QUOTE]
Yeah... they were talking about happy fluffy funtimes. ...Yes.
~_^ :P
Soooo nice to see you too! It's been ages! *hugs!*

:hug: *Glomps everybody*

Congratulations everyone! Those were some amazing pieces of art. ^_^ Congrats to the winners, honorable mentions and everyone else; all your pics were superb. ^_^
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Esoteric » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:24 pm

Congrats everyone!
Esoteric

Postby White Raven » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:15 pm

I just wanted to say thank you again to CR and LQ.
I really didn’t care about winning this time (not that I wasn’t happy to win) But I only wanted CR to like my entry.
I’m so glad you liked it CR. I know, I don’t always comment on your art, but I do love your sweet style.

Thanks everyone for making this contest so much fun.

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby soul alive » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:37 am

Congrats White Raven, for a beautiful and creative entry, and Chii for a lovely piece of artwork. Great job to everyone else as well, and thanks to CR for the lovely line art.

Looking forward to next month's contest.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:15 pm

aww thanks so much WR!!!

Thanks to everyone who drew my LineArt! It made me happy that you guys wanted to color it so much. I look forward to next month, who knows? maybe I will actually enter something! (Digital coloring is hard for me...)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby meboeck » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:48 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:I look forward to next month, who knows? maybe I will actually enter something! (Digital coloring is hard for me...)

You don't have to enter digital art. That's just what most of us do. There actually have been a couple colored pencil entries here and there.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Previous

Return to Art Contests