February Coloring Contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

February Coloring Contest

Postby Scribs » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:37 pm

This Month's Featured artist is Aka Chan! I look forward to what you will all be able to do with this months picture!

Rules are the same as always, the deadline is the end of the month,

Get to it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Yumie » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:57 pm

Wow, cool, I think I'm going to color this one (it's about time, I keep saying I'm going to. . . but just watch, I won't get this one done either, XD)
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:33 pm

WOw! What awesome lineart... but alas I think I will have to sit out on this one.. To busy with other things.... (Like godly paladins pic) *Walks away to go work on it*
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby bakura_fan » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:12 pm

well, I shall try like I said I would....
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Esoteric » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:59 pm

Wait, everyone's busy? That's impossible! How can there be so many busy people in the world? Okay, okay, I'm just goofing around! Hope you all can find the time...I know I have trouble too. I have an idea for this one...question is, can I pull it off in time... hmmm.
Esoteric

Postby edendreams » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:04 pm

count me in this time. ^-^ if i don't start it tonight i'll do so later
-||My Deviant ||-
edendreams

Postby White Raven » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:47 am

Here is mine.
I had some fun with this one. And I'm happy with the way it came out.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Esoteric » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:47 am

Oooh, the rose is a nice touch! Very nicely colored, LArt! The background is very Valentine's Day-ish too. Did you make that yourself?
Esoteric

Postby White Raven » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:57 am

Esoteric wrote:Oooh, the rose is a nice touch! Very nicely colored, LArt! The background is very Valentine's Day-ish too. Did you make that yourself?

It’s a pattern that I did for my mom on mothers day. I used a picture of lace for reference then tried to make mine look half as good. :sweat:

My Deviant Art

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby bakura_fan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:11 am

....great....=_= I had the same idea for the rose just the guy holding it....will that make me look like a copy cat? 'm not sure I can even get it done...I'm note ven gona be availble the last week of february and who knows when after that *basic training don't ya know...*
btw. the pic you did is very nice....I'm too intimidated to finish....;-;

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby White Raven » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:47 am

[quote="bakura_fan"]....great....=_= I had the same idea for the rose just the guy holding it....will that make me look like a copy cat? 'm not sure I can even get it done...I'm note ven gona be availble the last week of february and who knows when after that *basic training don't ya know...*
btw. the pic you did is very nice....I'm too intimidated to finish....]

No that is fine, you can use a rose if you want :thumb:
Pleas finish yours. I want to see it. :jump:

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby Esoteric » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:34 pm

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I had some spare time and decided to push myself little on this one...so don't run away people! Bakura_fan, I wanna see yours too, rose and all!

Well there's no rose in my version, and this relationship is on seriously rocky ground, unless you take a metaphorical view of things.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby White Raven » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:00 pm

Esoteric wrote:Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I had some spare time and decided to push myself little on this one...so don't run away people! Bakura_fan, I wanna see yours too, rose and all!

Well there's no rose in my version, and this relationship is on seriously rocky ground, unless you take a metaphorical view of things.

Wow very nice. :thumb:

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby bakura_fan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:29 pm

I'm almost done with mine. I may or may not finish it by tonight... btw. also very cool...er...hot? concept. ^^, lol. nicely done.

edit: err...make that tomorrow night I might be done...*sigh* so many details...@_@ I now am wishing that adobe 7.0 was on this comp and not my laptop. oh well, paint is good enough for now.

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Aka-chan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:10 am

0.0 .......holy cow...... This is pretty much the first time I've ever had anyone color my work, and these are AMAZING! I'm just totally blown away by the hugely differing interpretations and how well done they are.

ILoveArt, the delicate feel you've put into it, and softness of the coloring. It really has a Valentine's feeling--makes me wish I had someone special to send it to. XD

Esoteric, wow. I never thought about it like that, but I have always loved fire/ice juxtapositions; it's way cool to see it here. The different possible interpretations of it make it particularly interesting.

Great job, guys! :thumb:
Aka-chan

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:42 am

WOW! these are so cool! great job Eso adn Lart!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby bakura_fan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:14 am

this is as far as I'm gonna get with the time I have left til I leave. the background is based off of a sunset picture I took of our view of the san Juan Islands. Hope you like...

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=february33uz.png

I accidentally saved it as a jpeg once...and it wasn't a good thing...I had to go back and redo some of the smudged areas. the only one I didn't redo was the rose. I also tried attaching the image...but I couldn't get it to work. anyway, all work done in paint.:shake: I can't believe I'm doing this...

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby White Raven » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:48 am

That is awesome for paint, bakura.

I love the guy, he reminds me of Sesshomaru.
And the sky is very cool, I love the mixture of colors

I think you have definitely put yourself in the running.

Aka-chan wrote:ILoveArt, the delicate feel you've put into it, and softness of the coloring. It really has a Valentine's feeling--makes me wish I had someone special to send it to. XD

Hey, thanks. :thumb:

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby White Raven » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:50 am

Sorry, double post.

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby Esoteric » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:15 am

Oh, the tree was a good idea! I hadn't thought of that, but it puts his unusual stance in a good context. Very nice concepts here, bakura_fan, I'm impressed. I especially like the two-tone hair!
Esoteric

Postby bakura_fan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:27 am

thanks guys. ^^, glad you like it.

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:00 pm

Wow, that's really cool, Teej! (Do you still go by that name sometimes?) I love your interpretation, and the vibrant colors are really nice, too. That must have taken so much patience!
Aka-chan

Postby bakura_fan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:49 pm

yes I still go by that nickname. ^^, glad you like it. yeah, took a long time to get it done. but I had fun.

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:14 pm

Here's mine: Image
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Aka-chan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:12 am

w00t! w00t! Purple hair! This is really cool, Feng-Li! I really, really like his shirt design, and the delicate transparency of the flower is really awesome. You've got some really awesome color nuances throughout the whole thing!
Aka-chan

Postby Esoteric » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:58 am

Very nice, Shao! Love the creative shirts and of course, your coloring skills in general. Hmm, not many entries this month again huh? But at least the ones here are all good!
Esoteric

Postby edendreams » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:32 pm

*Le sigh* I'll try to color it but recently i just got a job offer to be an illustrator for a book a member of the church is releasing... >< Geh i don't know if she'll even like my stuff but well i'm trying and that's why i haven't finished my coloring yet... I'll at least get the basic colors..

BTW i know we're supposed to keep the origional line art but can i do that but also put layers over the top?? you'll still see the line art but just enhanced... ^-^;;;
-||My Deviant ||-
edendreams

Postby Scribs » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:36 pm

If you can tell that the line art is still there in some form it is fine.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby bakura_fan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:22 pm

shao...I can only say this...:wow!:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Esoteric » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:14 pm

edendreams wrote:*Le sigh* I'll try to color it but recently i just got a job offer to be an illustrator for a book a member of the church is releasing... >< Geh i don't know if she'll even like my stuff but well i'm trying and that's why i haven't finished my coloring yet... I'll at least get the basic colors..

Dude, go for the illus. job if she likes you're stuff. Wish I could be so lucky to get an offer. Guess I need an impressive portfolio first <runs off to make portfolio>
Esoteric

Next

Return to Art Contests