decemer coloring contest!!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:02 pm

Esoteric wrote:Photoshop CS (creative suite) is the 8th and latest, but I understand it's nearly identical to 7.

Hmm, really? I'll blame that on delerium too then. <bg>

Merry Christmas everyone! Woo! I got a wakizashi!!! (short sword) Gonna go carve the turkey, hiyaa!! :lol:

I want some of that turkey.. LOL thats so awesome! I wanna get the sakabato they have at a store near me.. its a near reaplica of Kenshins : :rock: :P :hits_self
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby White Raven » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:01 pm

Hey Esoteric looks like we had the same idea about the decorating her cheek. :) but I just used blue snowflakes on mine.
Also I to started coloring the same places for her shoulders, but I decided it didn’t look right.
So I just thought I was seeing things and maybe she just didn’t have a shoulder.

Now you have made me more confused them ever.

I like your colors BTW.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Esoteric » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:48 am

ILoveArt wrote:Hey Esoteric looks like we had the same idea about the decorating her cheek. :) but I just used blue snowflakes on mine.
Also I to started coloring the same places for her shoulders, but I decided it didn’t look right.
So I just thought I was seeing things and maybe she just didn’t have a shoulder.

Now you have made me more confused them ever.

I like your colors BTW.

oh yeah... i didn't notice those before with all the other snowflakes... (delerium) hehe, cool.
vernhal wrote:I wanna get the sakabato they have at a store near me.. its a near reaplica of Kenshins

ah, so is that the japanese term for a reverse blade sword then?
<looks at watch> ..must be off to work... :waah!:
Esoteric

Postby KBMaster » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:51 am

Uhm, here's my entry. I thought I wouldn't have enough time to finish it as I started it yesterday, but guess I had plenty of time, lol.

...I found the neck. But I found no shoulder. Chibiphonebooth, could you draw a big red circle around the shoulder? rofl. That might help the confuddled. :P

Sry, but I had to resize it. It was over 100 KBs too big!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KBMaster

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:54 am

LOL

yeah, i thnk ill do that.
XD

EDIT: alright. here it is. the red line is the line from her neck to her sholder. im so sorry that its so confusing, i looked back at it and.. i saw what you guys mean. AGAIN. i am SOOOO SORRY for confusing line art. x_x

next time (if there will be a next time) ill make a much better one. x_x
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby KBMaster » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:33 am

Ohhh, I see it now! It seems so obvious now. Lol. I thought it was great despite the minor confusion. Lol.
KBMaster

Postby Scribs » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:28 am

Hey, if there had been no confusision, how could I have made the shoulder into a fish. I like it just the way it is.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:21 pm

FINALLLY finished... theres some wierd background jokes there too so we'll see how many people catch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby White Raven » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:20 pm

Ohhh nice work KBMaster and mechana2015 O.O

My Deviant Art

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:27 am

It's odd, I seem to remember reading that the deadline was the 30th but now I can't find it anywhere. I'm probably pulling the typical freak-out-about-a-lost-item-that-happens-to-be-right-in-front-of-my-face but it has me really worried that I'll miss the cut-off like I did during the November contest.

EEP! I can't have that happening! I've been plugging away at my version for 2+ days now, but it just needs a wee bit more tweaking. I think I'm fixating.. :forehead:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:07 am

Nice job Kb master and mechana! And Lizard queen it is the 30th i think its on page 5 or 6
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:26 am

Yay! I finally more-or-less finished my entry! I went for a bit of a gypsy/roma elvish theme in mine, with a sunset that I prolly spent way too much time on. Photoshop brushes are unbelievably fun :grin:

I also keep asking myself why I am developing the habit of populating my backgrounds. It typically leads to the hurting of my noggin :shake:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby White Raven » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:04 am

Unbelievable, LQ I just keep looking and looking.
My jaw is at my knees, your skill is breathtaking.
The color is just so poignant. I think you must be my favorite undiscovered artist.

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby Scribs » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:22 am

beautiful
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:31 am

wow you guys!!

^^

and mechina, thats soooo cool!! *o*
lizardqueen- thats beautiful!!
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Esoteric » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:50 am

the_lizardqueen wrote:Yay! I finally more-or-less finished my entry! I went for a bit of a gypsy/roma elvish theme in mine, with a sunset that I prolly spent way too much time on. Photoshop brushes are unbelievably fun :grin:

I also keep asking myself why I am developing the habit of populating my backgrounds. It typically leads to the hurting of my noggin :shake:

0_o -_- 0_o

She even got the shoudler right!!!! Wow. I resign. LQ is the new coloring contest guru.
Esoteric

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:56 pm

How do you do that with PS?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:02 pm

WOW LQ I absolutely love yours!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:55 pm

Thank you to everyone for the encouraging feedback! ^_^
ILoveArt wrote:Unbelievable, LQ I just keep looking and looking.
My jaw is at my knees, your skill is breathtaking.
The color is just so poignant. I think you must be my favorite undiscovered artist.

Aw, thankee, that's pretty much one of the biggest compliments that I've ever recieved :red:

You're too kind though, your entry was so excellent. I'm amazed by how confident and skilled your getting with digital coloring. Yup, the White Queen entry definitely set the bar very high. You guys all turned out such creative and pretty entries that it got me all inspired (eep, with a wee bit of competitiveness thrown in, I'll admit it :sweat: )
Esoteric wrote:0_o -_- 0_o

She even got the shoudler right!!!! Wow. I resign. LQ is the new coloring contest guru.

NOOOO! Eso cannot resign!! *cling*

Erm, and about that shoulder, I have a secret-
[spoiler]...I kinda looked at Chibiphonebooth's diagram[/spoiler]
I pretty much got the shoulder right on my own, but I completely lost the neck in a mass of purple hair *sheepish*

Shao Feng-Li wrote:How do you do that with PS?

Um...me? Honestly I'm winging it, this is my first real shot at using PS. I've always been a Corel user. I just kinda put the lineart on it's own layer and left everything else on another layer. I basically digitally 'painted', tried to use pure colors for shading and refrained from dodging and burning until the very, very end, because I'm a self confessed dodging and burning addict. I think it's because my fave artist is Rembrandt and I tend to ape his dark settings with bold contrasting lighting. And I went nuts with a scrubby brush in the sky, and used the smudging and blurring tools alot in the hair.

the_lizardqueen

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:17 am

Yeah, I like dodging anf burning. XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:00 am

So who won olroc?
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Scribs » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:40 pm

He was traveling yesterday I believe, so it may be a day or two.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:38 pm

Scribs wrote:He was traveling yesterday I believe, so it may be a day or two.

Then i am in a state of anticipation until his return!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Scribs » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:06 pm

Well, I have an announcement to make. Olorc will be unable to judge the coloring contest this month and has asked me to take over for him in his absence. With the help of my assistant I have carefully looked at all the entrys and the winner is.....

Lizard Queen

It was a very very close contest, and very hard to judge. All the entrys were excellent, and there was very nearly a three way tie between I Love Art, Mechana2015, and Lizard Queen. It is great seeing so many great entrys, and I hope you all come back for the January contest.

-Scribs
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:46 pm

Great job LQ... I still have not won alas... maybe next time
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Scribs » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:50 pm

I have PMed ashley with the winner.

Oh, and if anyone has some good linework, PM me with it, I need some for the January contest.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:55 pm

Scribs wrote:I have PMed ashley with the winner.

Oh, and if anyone has some good linework, PM me with it, I need some for the January contest.

Maybe Orenji does... I have always wanted to color her lineart!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Esoteric » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:25 pm

Congrats, LQ. See, you're the new guru! :dance:
Esoteric

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:12 am

Wha? Me?? Wow! I am totally honored O.O

Guru eh? Coolness! :grin:

But I think that the title will totally be up for grabs next month, what with school looming on my horizon (horizon being tomorrow, EEP!) :sweat:

the_lizardqueen

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:19 am

haha you know what i just noticed?

olorc spelt december 'decemer'

*laughs*

CONGRATS LQ!! *hugs* ^^
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Previous Next

Return to Art Contests