November Photography Contest!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby Reba » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:33 pm

i might enter i think

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Postby VashTheStampede » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:37 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:This is a pic taking from River Street in Savannah, Ga

Wingzero22

awesome shot at night, looks great!

Ooo, one question directed towards Scribs, is there anyway you can extend the deadline for entries, :?:even just a few days or so?
I just want to make sure to have enough time to get my entries in. If not, that's ok, I'll try and squeeze time in to develop and scan the pics. :thumb:
I felt Your hands move mine aside, as those nails were driven down [[color=Gold]†][/color]
"There is a time for everything. A season for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

~Do not have feelings of animosity and resentment towards the depressing times in your life, but turn to God in praise for the days He gives you. Along with the times of joy He blesses you with, also come the times of hardship. For how can one reach for the stars without darkness?~

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

Digitally Imported Radio<-~-~Love Techno?~:cool:
Myspace!<--PM me for info if you wanna add me:sweat:
VashTheStampede

Postby Scribs » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:26 pm

IF you need a few more days that isnt going to be a problem. Just post when you think you can get them in by, and I will postpone the due date (within reason, I wouldnt delay it for a month or anyhting like that.)
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Linksquest » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:23 am

Wingzero22 wrote:This is a pic taking from River Street in Savannah, Ga

Wingzero22

Whoaaaaaa! I really like this one wingzero! The reflection of the light over the water is amazing!!!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby olorc » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:18 pm

this was taken at the same time as my other, but i just zoomed a bit more and played with a few other manual features. hopefully between my two entries one of them catches the eye of the judge... btw. who is the judge?
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:25 pm

I am still in the process of finding a judge, however should I not find someone qualified in the field of photograpy, I will gather a group of intelligent unbiased people to decide which entry ought to win.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby kaji » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:10 am

I still need a few more days. Is it possible to extend the entries till the end of the month? Thanks.
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Scribs » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:12 am

No problem, the deadline is now the last day of the month
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby kaji » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:30 am

Thanks Scribs. I apreciate it.
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby VashTheStampede » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:28 pm

yay, thanks Scribs for extending the deadline ^_^
I felt Your hands move mine aside, as those nails were driven down [[color=Gold]†][/color]
"There is a time for everything. A season for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

~Do not have feelings of animosity and resentment towards the depressing times in your life, but turn to God in praise for the days He gives you. Along with the times of joy He blesses you with, also come the times of hardship. For how can one reach for the stars without darkness?~

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

VashTheStampede

Waterfall at dusk

Postby boerseun » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:05 am

Hi,

Here is my entry. It's a waterfall... and it was just after sunset... and I took a picture of it... and here it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith-- that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

Phil. 3:7-11
boerseun

My entry

Postby velvetprincess8 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:16 pm

I took this when we were visiting lake powell. It is looking up at this waterfall that was pouring off a moss-covered rock face. So cool!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
velvetprincess8

And one more

Postby velvetprincess8 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:23 pm

Here's another that I took of my friend at the swimming pool
velvetprincess8

Postby Linksquest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:46 pm

boerseun wrote:Hi,

Here is my entry. It's a waterfall... and it was just after sunset... and I took a picture of it... and here it is.

I really like the colors you captured here!
the smoothness of the water is amazing!

velvetprincess8 wrote:I took this when we were visiting lake powell. It is looking up at this waterfall that was pouring off a moss-covered rock face. So cool!

YES! i love the point of view here!

velvetprincess8 wrote:Here's another that I took of my friend at the swimming pool

I love how you captured the crisp drops in their aqeous shells of stillness! YESH!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby VashTheStampede » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:16 pm

Ok, finally got my camera developed and some pics scanned in! Here are my 2 entries. ^_^

VashTheStampede

Postby Scribs » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:15 pm

Very nice everyone. I hope you all have a wonderfuly gread thanksgiving. I will attempt to get it judged at the end of the month.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby kaji » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:44 am

Ok, here we go! My two entries for this months contest, under the theme of water, are...

*drum roll*

and

Sorry for the late entry, but I couldnt get into the site for the last couple days... Was it just me?
- J. Hudson Taylor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Scribs » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:50 am

Nah, the whole site was down.

Nice entrys everyone. I will get a amall comitee of people together tomorrow to judge them tomorrow, so untill then, get any last minute entrys in ASAP!
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby soul alive » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:46 pm

kaji, that second picture is gorgeous.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby kaji » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:25 am

Thanks SA, I apreciate the compliment. Though God deserves the praise for creating it (I just took a picture), and I couldnt have asked for a better day for B&W photography. ^_~
- J. Hudson Taylor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Scribs » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:33 am

Well I gathered together my comitee of 6 judges, and we all examined the entrys. The entry that we decided was the best was Boerseun's waterfall picture! Kaji's Iceicles got a very very close second.

It was a really hard one to judge, there were so many good pictures! I hope you all come back for next month's contest! It will be up in just a few days.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby kaji » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:53 pm

How about a December Photography Contest. Any ideas for a theme?
- J. Hudson Taylor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Scribs » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:53 pm

I posted one but I think it sank, befor anyone posted on it. I think I will bump it back up...
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby kaji » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:42 pm

Oh, ok, thanks Scribs. ^_~
- J. Hudson Taylor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Previous

Return to Art Contests