November Coloring Contest! Yay yay!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

November Coloring Contest! Yay yay!

Postby olorc » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:41 pm

Sorry for the delay.
This month's featured artist is Sajomir!!
The pic is attached.
Deadline = November 23 so get crackin.
basic rules= use whatever you got to make this pic look sweet. keep the general lines the same. you only get one submission so make it count. other than that, enjoy.

*could a mod move this thread to the art contest forum please?*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:57 pm

Hooray. I think that there are many possibiliys with this one.... yes... many posssibilitys...
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Kurama » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:59 pm

hhhmmm...... guess i could do my first coloring contest now...while I can! XD
Kurama

Cool

Postby Falcon » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:09 pm

Excellant, I have been waiting with baited breath for this one. Cannot wait to get in and let the creative juices rip. I will be finished Uni soon so will be able to give this a lot of attention.

Let the games begin... :thumb:
Love Light Life -
be these and it could cost you your Pride.
do not be them and you will sure keep your Pride.
But certainly lose your Love, Light and Life.

Love God, Love People.
Falcon

Postby Esoteric » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:56 pm

Sajomir?? I'm afraid I don't know who that is ^^;; , but that's some pretty cool fan art. I"ll try hard to make time for this!
Esoteric

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:07 pm

Aww, what a cute Cloud! I'll see if I can enter.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:52 am

Heres my entry... Woo

After not being able to enter last months I decided I would enter this months at whatever the cost! So when I had yesterday off iI decided to just sit down and finish it in one sitting so yah here it is!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:57 am

Woo! I'm in! ^_^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby White Raven » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:32 am

Here mine is.
As you can see I didn’t have much in the way of ideas for this one. :eh:
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:44 am

How did you both finish such good entries so quickly?! They look fantastic!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby White Raven » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:02 am

Thank you CA.
I had of free time a few days ago and last night so...

My Deviant Art

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Esoteric » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:45 pm

heh, you almost got the speed record for this one too LArt, but Vernhal beat you to it. Nice entries guys. Very much like your stylized grassy cliff, LArt.
Well, guess I'll be third to post then.

I've been naughty...I have a huge project I'm supposed to be working on, but instead I spend my day doing this... <posts, runs off to finish project>
Esoteric

Postby White Raven » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:36 pm

Wow Esoteric looks cool.
Lots of colors, but it kinda hurts my eyes.
I have a headache so that's why.
But it's cool. I like the symbols. Very nice touch.

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby Reba » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:16 pm

Esoteric wrote:heh, you almost got the speed record for this one too LArt, but Vernhal beat you to it. Nice entries guys. Very much like your stylized grassy cliff, LArt.
Well, guess I'll be third to post then.

I've been naughty...I have a huge project I'm supposed to be working on, but instead I spend my day doing this... <posts, runs off to finish project>

.............wow.........

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Postby Esoteric » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:46 pm

ILoveArt wrote:Wow Esoteric looks cool.
Lots of colors, but it kinda hurts my eyes.

Mwahahahahaha...It's blinding to competition! hehe JK

Sorry to hear you had a headache. Headaches are always bad.
Esoteric

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:54 pm

WO LART AND ESOTERICS ARE AWESOME!! wow i love them.. greatnesss.....
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Falcon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:31 pm

Wow is all I have to say about these entries. Oh well I will enter any way knowing that I have much practise to come up to this level. I will do my best and my best I will do.
Love Light Life -
be these and it could cost you your Pride.
do not be them and you will sure keep your Pride.
But certainly lose your Love, Light and Life.

Love God, Love People.
Falcon

Postby White Raven » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:19 pm

Esoteric wrote:Mwahahahahaha...It's blinding to competition! hehe JK

Sorry to hear you had a headache. Headaches are always bad.

I get them all the time.
Fortunately I haven’t had any migraines in about a year. So as long as I don’t get anymore migraines, I can live with the headaches. :)
Anyway I do like yours. I just couldn’t come up with anything cool, for mine.

Vernhal wrote:WO LART AND ESOTERICS ARE AWESOME!! wow i love them.. greatnesss.....

Thank you Vernhal.
That's sweet of you.

Falcon wrote:Wow is all I have to say about these entries. Oh well I will enter any way knowing that I have much practise to come up to this level. I will do my best and my best I will do.

What art software are you using. If you don’t mind me asking.

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby White Raven » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:20 pm

Oops. I wasn’t thinking.
Sorry for the double post.

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby Tarnish » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:25 pm

This is my entry. Please forgive the overall suckiness of the background. :sweat:
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Scribs » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:16 pm

I think that the background is not at all sucky. I think it looks good. Now I must top it...
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Scribs » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:03 pm

If anyone can figure out what all these pictures are from, they get a cookie.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:25 am

Yay! A new contest for a new month! My brain is still attempting to process the fact that it's now November, hence the delayed post :sweat:

The entries are looking good ^_^

Kudos to Vernhal for the rapid response, the clean coloring looks awesome and I really like the red and blue contrasting. I love ILA's earthy color pallete and the super detailed background, the clifftop concept really suits the picture. And I want Eso's crazy-uber-cool-dramatic-rainbow-coloring skills! :wow!:

The firey lighting in Eso's is stupendous. And I'm very impressed by the unity in Orenji's, the figure works really, really well with the background. The rich and moody colors are so pretty too. And I also like the dreamy aura that's goin' on.

And Scribs has brought the Badger Song back to haunt me, just when I finally thought I was safe from it's drill-into-your-synapses-catchiness O_o

MuuushroooomMUSHROOOooOOMM!!
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby meboeck » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:45 am

Great entries everyone! Unfortunately, once again I will ot be entering T.T

Scribs, wow. The only pictures I recognize are the ones from Arrested Development. Hilarious show!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Scribs » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:51 am

Scribs, wow. The only pictures I recognize are the ones from Arrested Development. Hilarious show!
Nice. I was hoping someone would recognise those...
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Esoteric » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:54 pm

thelizardqueen wrote:And I want Eso's crazy-uber-cool-dramatic-rainbow-coloring skills!

Eek! Not my crazy-uber-cool-dramatic-rainbow-coloring skills! <Runs away clutching them tightly to chest> :lol: Thanks for the compliment LQ, I'm sure you'll come up with somethin' equally pretty.

Orenji, nice coloring skills, good color theme. Did you cut off the sword because of the background? What's that from anyway?

Pilloswine, I will never look at the bread aisle the same way anymore....
Esoteric

Postby Tarnish » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:33 pm

Yes, I cut off the sword because there were places in the background that didn't look quite right with the rest of the picture.
It is from Final Fantasy 7, I believe.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:59 am

Esoteric wrote:Eek! Not my crazy-uber-cool-dramatic-rainbow-coloring skills! <Runs away clutching them tightly to chest> Thanks for the compliment LQ, I'm sure you'll come up with somethin' equally pretty.

*Eso is a wee bit too fast and LQ faceplants out of her wild lunge for the crazy-uber-cool-dramatic-rainbow-coloring skills* ~_^

I'm definitely planning on submitting an entry this month. I finally managed to buy a shiney new version of Photoshop through my school!!!! *squee* I don't have the slightest clue as to how to use it but I'm very impressed by the pretty graphics and the bajillion menus. I'm suspecting that my entry might look very, er, interesting this month :sweat:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby KrescentMoon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:22 am

ILoveArt!! Where -did- you get the patience to paint the grass?

o___o Wow. Esoteric, you're one creative cookie.

Dude, whatever I'll have done would be pwned endlessly into Northern Crater dust by these entries. Thus, I've decided to retract myself. xD; Either way, I'm planning to cook up something else for Anime Angels (by November 30th and I haven't started--aaah!). I always lack creativity for compositions. -_-;

I wuv you all. So very creative with Cloud-- LOL, the thought just occured: Esoteric's composition's location in Cloud misplaced in Lunatic Pandora (FFVIII). XD! *dork*

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby Esoteric » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:11 am

the thought just occured: Esoteric's composition's location in Cloud misplaced in Lunatic Pandora (FFVIII). XD! *dork*

hehe, I have no idea what you're talking about..but that's probably because I've never played a FF game, (unless you count Tactics Advance on GBA), so the BG resemblance must be a coincidence...

Kudos on getting photoshop, LQ! (hope the face plant didn't hurt to badly ;) ) Yes, the endless menus do take getting used to.
Esoteric

Next

Return to Art Contests