October Photography Contest!

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

October Photography Contest!

Postby olorc » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:10 pm

It's that time once again.
Take the best picture you can.
Theme = architecture/buildings
No, you can't use photoshop or any other sort of photoeditors, these babies must be pure lenswork.
deadline= october 21
winner gets posted on the homepage.
GO!
>>if a mod/admin could move this thread to the art contest forum, that would be awesome, thanks<<
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:18 pm

Sweet. I am near some sweet architechture. I can cature it in my camera and thus getting my art onto CAA's main page, the first step in my world domination plan!
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Yumie » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:06 pm

So it can just be any building? Because I have one in mind, but it won't really be. . . conventional.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby glitch1501 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:17 pm

oh i love architectural photography...one of my favs, we can post 2 right?

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:31 am

I shall O
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Roll » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:58 pm

I've never done this before.... What's the deadline?

EDIT: Nevermind! Doi!
[color="YellowGreen"]Got a Wii? PM me to trade numbers! ^^[/color]

[color="Yellow"]As a supporter of MOES, I would like to take this opportunity to kindly ask that the content of your signature be kept to a minimum as a courtesy to your fellow forum members. Thank you![/color]
Roll

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:36 pm

i shall own u all with photo's depicting my city's wonderful steeple's, not to mention that new bridge, ha ha ha ha ha!!!! prepare to get pwned!!!
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby c-girl » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:59 pm

Lol! >^.^< I'll try to enter some photos of some cool buildings here in Chengdu! This could be very fun!! >^^<
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby Yumie » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:09 am

OK, well, I guess I might just enter my unconventional photo. I'll see what everbody else submits first though to decide if it stands a chance :P.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby soul alive » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:33 pm

Ooh, I might enter this month, seeing as how the topic 'is' my major, and I actually have pictures floating around. :evil: *goes hunting for pictures*
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:34 pm

isn't that kinda like cheating since it is so close to your major?

actually, i'm just kidding,

i'm lookin' forward to seeing what someone that knows what all the stuff is in architechture can do with a camera
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby olorc » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:18 pm

yes you can just take a picture of some building near you if you wish. but to win, you might want to make sure it is a quality shot... by that I mean you have good color balance, composition, focus, etc...

and yes, you each have only two entries.
the judge will be... someone i havent pmed yet, but will soon. they are quite qualified and everything so don't fret.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Fail_safe21 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:32 pm

Cool, I'll join up. We can just post the images on this thread, right?
Fail_safe21

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:04 pm

yep,

i must warn everyone, beware of my spanish tiles :) lol

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Fail_safe21 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:55 pm

Here are my two submissions...

The Hobart Building, San Francisco CA (2003)
Chinese Architecture, China Town SF (2003)

[Both Photographs]
Focal Length: 50mm
Film: Kodachrome 200
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fail_safe21

Postby soul alive » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:30 pm

:evil: Nooo... not cheating, just perhaps at an advantage... X3. And now I can't not do my best, huh? Gee. *hunts harder*

And that is a neat building Fail_safe21 (have nickname?)... very neo-classical looking.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Fail_safe21 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:49 pm

soul alive wrote:And that is a neat building Fail_safe21 (have nickname?)... very neo-classical looking.

Hmm, haven't thought of a nickname yet (Safety would work I guess)... :)

The Hobart Building is one of the many 'relics' of the early 20th century SF. Guess you can see the contrast of the times between this and the modern buildings next to it.
Fail_safe21

Postby shooraijin » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:08 pm

Mine. Taken from the landing at a friend's house during a lightning storm using a tripod and a 2-second exposure time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Linksquest » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:01 pm

ARgh... The ONE thing i am not good at!!!!!! T.T... well... ill see what i can do... ^^
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby MyrrhLynn » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:22 pm

Wheeee! Time once again for the invasion of the Japanese images! :lol: So anyway, it was very hard for me to pick only 2 of my Japan photos for this. :waah!: In then end I decided on these two which are both taken at temples. The first one is a temple in Takamatsu and the second one is ... oh can't remember how to spell it... :?: anyway it's in Kyoto. This will probably be the last time I enter Japanese photos since I don't want you all to get sick of them. :lol:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby soul alive » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:59 pm

Here's my first submission. I'll get a second later, I already had this one (I took it a few years ago with my now deceased SLR).

It's the schoolhouse that my father attended for his first 7 or 8 years of school. It is about 2 miles from my family's house and is part of a small ghost town.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Linksquest » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:53 pm

Here's my first submission. I was really tempted to change it with my image changing software... but rules are rules. The sky was gray today... and i wanted it to be blue!!! gwah... anyway... this is a church near my house. I LOVE IT!!!!!! I dunno if this is the best shot of it though.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby Linksquest » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:02 pm

Might as well post the other one as well.

It's the same church from pic 1,

but a different view. At first the bright white above, cause of the gray day, really annoyed me. Though, now, at a second look, it sort of gives the pic a fairy tale feel.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby bakura_fan » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:09 pm

I took these while my parent's and I were driving through Boston to get to the airport to go back home. We just finsihed visiting Micah up in Maine. I have no clue what these are...but they looked nice...woulda been nicer if we weren't driving and if it was sunny. Well...hope you like.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:36 pm

ok folks, your wait is over, here are my two entries for the contest, i'm also posting them on my deviant art page along with a bunch of other pics i took so that i'd have a lot to choose from, enjoy folks

'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby kaji » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:20 am

Just so MyrrhLynn doesnt feel alone, I will make my entries pictures from Japan as well. ^_^

First we have the longest wooden bridge in Japan (sorry, I cant remember the name... >_<)

And then a Picture of a sunset against the Castle in Hirosaki Park... Well, its not really the castle (which burned down many years ago), but that`s what everyone calls it. In reality I think its just the biggest watch tower still standing.

I wish I could have seen Hirosaki Park in the spring, all those trees you see would have been full of Cherry Blossoms.
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Linksquest » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:20 pm

Awsome Pics Kaji! I wish i could take some Japanese Pics! T.T

you really got some clear pics there!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby olorc » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:41 am

gosh guys, you've got some sweet pics.
olorc

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:47 pm

ok, i've been hearing from ppl that they can't see my pics that i posted just above kaji's if you read this and you can't see the pics i posted, please pm me 'cus i want to make sure that it's not going to interfere with the contest

thanks folks
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Scribs » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:47 pm

Ooh! this is the last day of the contest and my pics are not in! Time for my campus to get a little visit from my camera.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Next

Return to Art Contests