september coloring contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

september coloring contest

Postby olorc » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:46 pm

hello,
welcome to the sept. coloring contest.
Verny will be posting the art for this month anytime now.
I'm starting this thread just a few days early so the it will hopefully be moved and have it's art by the time sept. rolls around.
same rules as always: keep the general lines the same, use whatever you got in anyway you want.
Deadline=Sept. 17
would a mod please move this thread to the art contest sub-forum. Ash has already given the okay for htis.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby meboeck » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:44 pm

Yay! I am the first to reply! I am entering for the second time this month! All of the coloring buddies had better participate. Or else... Or else... Or else something very bad will happen. I can wait to see Vernhal's picture!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Linksquest » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:51 pm

I think Nathan is making me... <<;;
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:49 pm

Wow! I wasn't expecting this thread until september lol! Anyways, here is the art for everyone. I hope you all like it. BTW Olorc I can enter to ( is this the right to?) even though it is my line art, Right? yah just wondering.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby White Raven » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:24 pm

I have a question.
Can I increase the span of the background?
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:02 pm

So... much... hair... This is gonna take a while. Nice art Vernhal!
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:10 pm

ILoveArt wrote:I have a question.
Can I increase the span of the background?

Actually i was gonna recomend it but then i thought olorc should be the one to answer that question so yah as long as he doesnt mind its fine by me lol..

Glad you like shao!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Yeito » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:33 pm

Hey If I can find time this month I will definately enter. o_o;

The past few months I've been UBER busy. x_x;
Yeito

Postby Photosoph » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:21 pm

I'll try to find time too -I seem to go in and out of busy phases. ^_^"
I was wondering why the September colouring contest had been started in August... :lol:

Very nice and very clean linework, Vernhal; it looks so great!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Reba » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:39 am

lol im gonna lose

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Postby meboeck » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:58 pm

Black Rose Misao wrote:lol im gonna lose

That's ok. So am I, but I'm entering just because it's fun.

[/color]
meboeck

Postby Mave » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:28 pm

That lineart piece is one fine piece, Vernhal. :thumb: I will mostly likely participate.

*pokes Black Rose Misao* The point isn't winning, my friend. It is about practising our coloring skills, inspiring each other and having fun! :cool:
Mave

Postby Scribs » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:22 am

It is most certainly not about winning. I have entered all but one of these contests, and I have not won But I still continue reaching new levels of eccelence and artistic ability. I am able to create great works of art, who cares if they dont win!
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby KrescentMoon » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:30 pm

Weeee. *going to enter* Do you mind if paint over the lineart?

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:53 pm

I'm actually finished... I'll wait to post it though.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:48 pm

gonna enter prolly...

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:55 pm

Ahh what the heck...

Shao Feng-Li

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:02 pm

KrescentMoon wrote:Weeee. *going to enter* Do you mind if paint over the lineart?

Uh i think as long as you can tell its the same picturew thats okay but You will hafta let olroc answer that one to.....

I am glad everyone likes the lineart! :sweat:

Sweet entry shao!! I love all the patterns in the kimono!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby White Raven » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:46 pm

Oh now I just can't wait :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Deviant Art

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby Scribs » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:46 pm

I think I am safe saying that Olorc doesnt care what you do to the entry, so long as it is roughly the same picture afterwards.
So feel free to do whatever the heck you please.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby meboeck » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:09 pm

Shao: I love the blue hair! It's awesome!
ILA: Whoa. Great backround and cool color scheme. It looks kinda gothic.
You guys have already posted awesome entries and I haven't even started. T.T

[/color]
meboeck

Postby Linksquest » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:10 pm

WHOAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! SHAO AND ILA! YOu guys are def in a different league than i am. T.T. I am still a novice in teh world of Digi-art and coloring... Siiiiiiiiigh. I shall use this to practice... but ill prolly be too embarassed to post the result. LOL. I'll post it when i'm finished with it, you guys just have to promise not to laugh... much. ^^
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:18 pm

Oh knock that off. We've all had to start somewhere. If I laugh I won't tell you XD. J/k go ahead a post and don't worry.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mave » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:30 pm

Whoa, nice entries there, Shao and ILoveArt! <3 <3 <3

So feel free to do whatever the heck you please.

Of course, we welcome God-pleasing creativity. ;)

Linksquest wrote:I'll post it when i'm finished with it, you guys just have to promise not to laugh... much. ^^

I assure you that I will make life miserable for those who foolishly dare to laugh openly at your entry. :bootout: This includes veteran participants but I'm sure they won't do such a thing. XD

In all seriousness, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone should feel comfortable with their own coloring style and level. (^___^) So welcome to the coloring threads and have fun!
Mave

Postby White Raven » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:33 pm

Linksquest wrote:WHOAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! SHAO AND ILA! YOu guys are def in a different league than i am. T.T. I am still a novice in teh world of Digi-art and coloring... Siiiiiiiiigh. I shall use this to practice... but ill prolly be too embarassed to post the result. LOL. I'll post it when i'm finished with it, you guys just have to promise not to laugh... much. ^^

You don’t have to be embarrassed. :) every artiest is always in a state of becoming. :hug:

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:24 am

Ooh another wonderful entry... this time from Iloveart! Great job! i really like the windows in the back! as for links quest.. this is supposed to be a fun contest where you get to see everyone elses interpretation of a drawing and practice your own coloring skills at the same time! No need to be embarrased!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby White Raven » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:28 pm

Vernhal wrote:Ooh another wonderful entry... this time from Iloveart! Great job! i really like the windows in the back!

Thank you! :)

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby olorc » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:02 pm

sorry guys, I'm stil trying to get my college routine down and kinda have been a bit negletful (if that's a word) of this contest.
yes you can expand the background and paint o=ver the line art.
thanks piloswine for that umm .... blunt... but true statement.
this contest is about being the best colorizer you can and making a b/w pic look sweet. if you need a little extra room, that's fine. the lines aren't the original black ones, it's ok. Just keep the image the same.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby White Raven » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:21 pm

olorc wrote:sorry guys, I'm stil trying to get my college routine down and kinda have been a bit negletful (if that's a word) of this contest.
yes you can expand the background and paint o=ver the line art.
thanks piloswine for that umm .... blunt... but true statement.
this contest is about being the best colorizer you can and making a b/w pic look sweet. if you need a little extra room, that's fine. the lines aren't the original black ones, it's ok. Just keep the image the same.

Man! I knew I should have waited.
Now everyone is going to a have big background. :(

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:51 pm

I probably won't

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Next

Return to Art Contests