august coloring contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

august coloring contest

Postby olorc » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:37 am

well, seeing as the art corner got shut down, I could think of no better place for this thread to move to. I am still looking for art for this month's contest *cough...eso...cough...mave...cough...anyone...* If you have some please PM me with a link to it and I'll see if it's what we want. Please don't post it in this thread so as to avoid people getting confused.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby olorc » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:33 pm

hmmm.... maybe Ash will move this to the Art Constest Forum like she did with the PHotography contest....
Also, Eso go ahead and post the art you PMed me about. I'm sure it's fine. Thanks.
I'm gone to Inside Out Soul Fest. for the next five days. I'm sure you'll be fine, but if you're not... well... then you're not.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Esoteric » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:47 pm

All right! The official art for the august coloring contest is here (thanks for the vote of confidence, Olorc). Rules as always are... The over-all lines of the drawing must remain the same, although you may alter their color if you so choose. (Cleaning up the lines a little is also allowed.) Color it using whatever tools you like from colored pencils to computer programs. As far as the due date, Olorc can decide that when he gets back....

hehe, I got a little dramatic with this drawing. But I imagine it is quite versatile... Is he a soldier? A futurist sportsman? A Tron cosplayer? :lol: Is he charging forward? Grasping for something? Falling? I hope to see some interesting backgrounds added to this. Have fun guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby White Raven » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:55 am

Here is mine.
I hope this is where I was supposed it put it.
This is the first time I have done this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
formerly known as ILoveArt

My Deviant Art

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:58 am

Whoa - that was quick! Great entry, LArt! The background is really nifty!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby White Raven » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:08 am

CreatureArt wrote:Whoa - that was quick! Great entry, LArt! The background is really nifty!

Thax CArt :jump:

My Deviant Art

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. Dave Barry

bigsleepj wrote: Unfinished stories never leave you, nor do they fester. They only grow better, like wine locked away in a deep dark cellar, waiting for you to bottle it and bring it to the light.
White Raven

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:47 am

ILoveArt wrote:Here is mine.
I hope this is where I was supposed it put it.
This is the first time I have done this.

Yay! You entered!!! I was thinking about bugging you until you gave it a shot. Your version looks great, I like how you shaded the skin and I must agree with CA, the background is very cool ^_^

Wow...I haven't even started brainstorming yet. I should get to work!
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby White Raven » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:07 am

the_lizardqueen wrote:Yay! You entered!!! I was thinking about bugging you until you gave it a shot. Your version looks great, I like how you shaded the skin and I must agree with CA, the background is very cool ^_^

Wow...I haven't even started brainstorming yet. I should get to work!

You like it?
I think it looks pretty good.
Thank you for not making fun. I didn’t have much ideas for it.
He looks like he’s screaming “run!â€

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby Esoteric » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:19 pm

Whoa, yes indeed, I think you've set a record for fastest entry, ILA! (or do you prefer Lart?) A great interperetation too. Welcome to the circle of coloring buddies. Glad to have you aboard!
Esoteric

Postby White Raven » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:34 pm

Esoteric wrote:Whoa, yes indeed, I think you've set a record for fastest entry, ILA! (or do you prefer Lart?) A great interperetation too. Welcome to the circle of coloring buddies. Glad to have you aboard!

Lart is fine.
And thank you for the compliment. :thumb:

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby Photosoph » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:01 pm

Lart... like Cart. :grin:

I'll probably be entering, however this month I'm a little more rushed and am trying to do several projects at once, so I'll have to see how things turn out. Hopefully, even if I can't put in an entry that I've tweaked and tweaked and tweaked until I'm happy with it, I'll at least get a little time to give it a try. ;)
I like the colouring and background, Lart. Very cool entry, and very fast, as others have said. It's great to have an extra colouring buddy! *Waves around a little flag excitedly.*
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Esoteric » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:34 pm

Photosoph wrote:I'll probably be entering, however this month I'm a little more rushed and am trying to do several projects at once, so I'll have to see how things turn out.

Uh oh, sounds like you're suffering for Esoteric Syndrome...it must be contageous! :grin: hehe, well I hope you have time. I'm still debating whether I should attempt a version or not based on my own lack of time....
Esoteric

Postby White Raven » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:15 pm

[quote="Photosoph"]Lart... like Cart. :grin:

I'll probably be entering, however this month I'm a little more rushed and am trying to do several projects at once, so I'll have to see how things turn out. Hopefully, even if I can't put in an entry that I've tweaked and tweaked and tweaked until I'm happy with it, I'll at least get a little time to give it a try. ]
I was having an insomniac attack. When I worked on it. So that’s why it was done so quick.
Thank you for calling it cool, I can’t wait to see the other contestants work. :dance:

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby Krypto306 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:51 pm

ohh I think I will try to colour....yA!!
Krypto306

Postby Photosoph » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:45 pm

No problem; it is cool. Yeah, it's great to be able to see the different spins different people put on the same picture, eh?

Esoteric wrote:Uh oh, sounds like you're suffering for Esoteric Syndrome...it must be contageous! hehe, well I hope you have time. I'm still debating whether I should attempt a version or not based on my own lack of time....

Hope you get an entry in too -even if you don't manage it by the end of the competition, it'd be cool to see what you had in mind for the colouring of your pic. ^_^ As for me, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get one in -I'm just not 100% sure. :)

Whoot! Welcome to the party, Krypto!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:52 pm

Photosoph wrote:Hope you get an entry in too -even if you don't manage it by the end of the competition, it'd be cool to see what you had in mind for the colouring of your pic. ^_^

hehehe, that's the thing... :sweat: I never really had anything definite in mind for the coloring... Ironic, huh? :lol: *goes off to ponder the irony*
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:48 am

*Follows Esoteric and ponders the irony.*
*Ponders until she is distracted by breathing.*
*Hyperventilates*
I must really remember not to multi-task so much. I only have limited brain-power.

All right, that's enough random hash from me. Hmm.... its kind of nice that you dont have anything particular in mind about the colouring of the finished picture as of yet: hopefully you'll like the variety of coloured solutions we offer to the puzzle :) .

Welcome, Krypto and Lart. It's good to see you around again, Krypto, and its good to have you joining us, Lart.

I'm supposed to be doing a lot of concentration on schoolwork (I've got hte chance to take scholarship in some my subjects, which isnt the same as applying for a scholarship... its more of a much harder exam on top of the existing exams for a subject, but you still have the chance to win funding for tertiary...) but I've still snuck out some time for the colouring comp. Its just so much fun each month and I learn a lot about techniques every time I do it.

The only hint I give is that mine may or may not include a lot of blue. :sweat: . All the best for your entries, everyone! Congrats again on a fine, (not to mention crazily speed-of-light quick!), entry, Lart. I look forward to seeing all the rest of them as they come in. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby White Raven » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:00 pm

CreatureArt wrote:*Follows Esoteric and ponders the irony.*
*Ponders until she is distracted by breathing.*
*Hyperventilates*
I must really remember not to multi-task so much. I only have limited brain-power.

All right, that's enough random hash from me. Hmm.... its kind of nice that you dont have anything particular in mind about the colouring of the finished picture as of yet: hopefully you'll like the variety of coloured solutions we offer to the puzzle :) .

Welcome, Krypto and Lart. It's good to see you around again, Krypto, and its good to have you joining us, Lart.

I'm supposed to be doing a lot of concentration on schoolwork (I've got hte chance to take scholarship in some my subjects, which isnt the same as applying for a scholarship... its more of a much harder exam on top of the existing exams for a subject, but you still have the chance to win funding for tertiary...) but I've still snuck out some time for the colouring comp. Its just so much fun each month and I learn a lot about techniques every time I do it.

The only hint I give is that mine may or may not include a lot of blue. :sweat: . All the best for your entries, everyone! Congrats again on a fine, (not to mention crazily speed-of-light quick!), entry, Lart. I look forward to seeing all the rest of them as they come in. :)

Are you going to do one with a falling background?
I am hoping someone will.

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:41 am

Hmm.... falling could be cool. I hadn't thought of that, but it could walk well. Thanks, Lart. It'll all depend on how everything works together :) .
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:42 pm

Ooo! Ooo! Dibs on falling!! hehehe, I finally have a good idea!
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:45 pm

LOL!! Yes, but it is a stolen idea, Eso! Heh, I'm just kidding. Go ahead. I'm looking forward to your entry this month as usual. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:28 pm

CreatureArt wrote:LOL!! Yes, but it is a stolen idea, Eso! Heh, I'm just kidding. Go ahead. I'm looking forward to your entry this month as usual. :)

Stolen? Hardly! Don't you remember my original post?...
Esoteric wrote:...But I imagine it is quite versatile... Is he a soldier? A futurist sportsman? A Tron cosplayer? Is he charging forward? Grasping for something? Falling?...

Now coloring him as a Tron cosplayer...that would be stolen! :lol:
By all means, anyone else who wants to do a falling composition, certainly can. If you want to incorporate that too, CArt, go for it!
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:00 pm

Tron cosplayer... :lol: I saw a Tron fansite one time when I'd glimpsed about the last quarter of the movie on TV and was wondering what it was about. Until then I'd never even heard of the movie.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby olorc » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:18 pm

hey, I'm back. Soul Fest. rocked!! I met shatterheart and lightbringer while there. I went with piloswine and also saw morningdove as well.
gosh, things sure have picked up since I left. Very nice entry ILoveArt.
Thanks Eso for the superb art. You never fail to come through for me.
olorc

Postby White Raven » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:05 pm

olorc wrote:gosh, things sure have picked up since I left. Very nice entry ILoveArt.

Tanx :dance:

My Deviant Art

White Raven

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:25 am

Eso wrote:Ooo! Ooo! Dibs on falling!! hehehe, I finally have a good idea!

NOOOOooooooooooOO!!! I was going to do falling from a crazy perspective angle thingy that boggled my mind..eh....now I'm intimidating myself, nevermind ;)

Seriously though, falling was my first thought but I kinda feel like I put out all my falling-related-creative-ideas last month. So I'm sorta steering away from that idea. Also, I'd appreciate it if you guys would try and keep me away from the blue this month, I'm noticing a dark and blue toned color theme in my artwork. It'd prolly do me some good to shake things up a little for myself, though it's going to be such a struggle to resist the blue colors...they seem to be calling my name...

*ish zoning out*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Esoteric » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:10 am

olorc wrote:Thanks Eso for the superb art. You never fail to come through for me.

<Blushes> Thanks! Oh, could you give us all a deadline? ...I never announced one.

the_lizardqqueen wrote:NOOOOooooooooooOO!!! I was going to do falling from a crazy perspective angle thingy that boggled my mind..eh....now I'm intimidating myself, nevermind

Seriously though, falling was my first thought but I kinda feel like I put out all my falling-related-creative-ideas last month. So I'm sorta steering away from that idea. Also, I'd appreciate it if you guys would try and keep me away from the blue this month, I'm noticing a dark and blue toned color theme in my artwork. It'd prolly do me some good to shake things up a little for myself, though it's going to be such a struggle to resist the blue colors...they seem to be calling my name...

You can do falling if you want to!! We could have the falling circle of coloring buddies! Err, well or something... Want to break the blue period eh? Hmm, how about a sepia-toned piece? Try a warm light pallete of reds oranges and browns. Or not...it's just a possibility.

<looks at clock> *Sigh*. Aw man... Another work week has begun. Grumbles and stomps out the door.
Esoteric

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:23 am

Sweet art ESo!! Love the foreshortening! Great entry ILoveArt. Woo I think I will enter again.. But no more icky water colors this time!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Scribs » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Once again, the art contest has gotten into full swing befor I even have seen the thread.

I will hopefull show my unique tallents again this month, though it will be tough fitting into my shedule of life.

I do however plan on entering.

(the purpose of the above post wws to get this thread into my subscribed list, and thus have it pop up at me lest I forget.)
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby olorc » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:37 pm

Deadline = Aug. 21
Judging will be on Aug. 22
I leave for college on the 24!!
olorc

Next

Return to Art Contests