Grave Digging Non Situational Topics

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Grave Digging Non Situational Topics

Postby Sapphire225 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:07 pm

I was just wondering if it would be alright to grave dig certain topics that don't apply to certain circumstances such as past events that has occured, debates or old releases. When I mean by that, is like a topic that doesn't really apply to the effects of changes in one's lifetime.

An example being a topic like "What's your favorite...(music, anime, book, etc.)?" or nearly anything in the Goof Off threads.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Midori » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Well, the core of the answer is "do you think it will bother people?" In general, posting to a thread that's several months old will not bother anyone, and posting to a thread that's more than a year old (without new relevant news) will annoy people. The ages inbetween are less predictable; it depends on the nature of the thread in question. But I'm confident that if you use your best judgement there won't be any big problems. It's all about psychology. Predicting people's reactions may be difficult, but as we are a community of Christians, we ought to be tolerant and not rigid. We don't want anybody to feel afraid to post to threads that are "a little too old".

With the specific case of "what's your favorite X" threads, I personally don't see any harm in resurrecting those as much as a year or two back. Other people may have different opinions, of course, but I would not complain. When it comes to goof off, I'm inclined to believe that most people will be fine with a certain amount of light gravedigging, as long as they're still interested in the topic in the thread. If you gravedig a boring or frivolous thread, people might complain.
Midori

Postby Sapphire225 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:33 pm

That is a good point. It would be hypocritical of me to say that I don'y sometimes get a little annoyed when some topics that are very old tend to annoy someone due to the regulations moreso than the actual fact it is old. However, like you said, it depends on the topic.

For instance, a thread such as "Let's Watch..." of something in 2007 would be considered something that could cause some conflict. But I was just wondering in the sense that there are some topics that I believe that could be revived due to how interesting it could be and just wanted to see if it would be alright with most. I'll use my better judgement.

Thanks Midi! :)
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby broly146 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:37 am

Sounds interesting
It's not whether you can or can't do it, it is if you do it or not. Nothing comes easy in this world, especially a job or money. I rely on Jesus to get me through these hard times of persecution.
broly146

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sun May 01, 2011 2:44 pm

this helped me out too. Thanks MODori =P
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Return to Announcements and Feedback