CAA Chat Bip sound

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

CAA Chat Bip sound

Postby firestorm » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:23 pm

What's it for? I mean from what my understanding was it would tell you when some one has spoken in chat but whenever have chat on and I go to another website on another tab on firefox, the bip never goes off when people post. What's the point of it?
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Hmm, that's odd o.o Bip also goes off when I go to another tab and even when I roam away from the window, but yeah Bip notifies you when someone post in chat 8D I also use Firefox ^^

lolol, I was a newb and didn't know what it was once upon a time.. I was like,"What is that zipping noise?" xDDD
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ADXC » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Do you have it on?
ADXC

Postby Ante Bellum » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:25 pm

It doesn't seem to work when I use Firefox. I've noticed that it'll work when I use Chrome, though.
Ante Bellum

Postby acgifford » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:36 am

hmm....it never works for me. idk why. O.o
Or maybe i never had it on in the first place? O__o??

I just read in parenthesis, in the chat room, that you need quicktime installed.>> Do you have that installed?
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby firestorm » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:25 am

acgifford (post: 1465536) wrote:hmm....it never works for me. idk why. O.o
Or maybe i never had it on in the first place? O__o??

I just read in parenthesis, in the chat room, that you need quicktime installed.>> Do you have that installed?

yes i do. that's why I'm wondering why is it not working. O.o??
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 am

There's a bip noise for chat?
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:10 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1465561) wrote:There's a bip noise for chat?

Yes there is ^__^

User CP-> Edit Profile-> Bip Type (towards the bottom) ^^

@Firestorm: You may want to check if your quicktime is updated and make sure you don't have anything blocking it?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:33 pm

Ante Bellum (post: 1465503) wrote:It doesn't seem to work when I use Firefox. I've noticed that it'll work when I use Chrome, though.

Weird. I have Firefox too, and it works on that. Other chats' BIPs don't always work, but CAA chat works fine.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Firefox 3.6.15

Works fine for me, though I did set NoScript to allow CAA.

A few ideas to trouble shoot

Did you turn bip on?

Did you mute your speakers? (I do this one all the time with my laptop)

Are you're speakers working?
turned on? plugged in?

Go to tools menu click add-ons go to the plugins tab click 'find updates'(bottom right) you may have to allow mozila.com if you have NoScript or a similar program.

Does this help?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Mith could tell you how to fix it, but he's stuck in chat. Ans you wouldn;t know when he replied cause the bip wouldn't go off. XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:06 am

[quote="Rusty Claymore (post: 1465674)"]Mith could tell you how to fix it, but he's stuck in chat. Ans you wouldn]

:lol:

That made my day, man. :thumb:

To clarify, the bip doesn't work when it's the only tab you have open on that window?
Mithrandir

Postby Midori » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 am

The bip never worked for me, but then again, I'm using Linux, for which Quicktime is not available. There's only knockoffs that try (and don't always succeed) to emulate the same behavior.
Midori

Postby firestorm » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Mithrandir (post: 1465943) wrote::lol:

That made my day, man. :thumb:

To clarify, the bip doesn't work when it's the only tab you have open on that window?

well let's say I had the chat open and I opened up a new tab to look for something, the bip won't sound to let me know someone has said something in chat. I have quicktime updated on my comp, and I make sure that the sound is turned on so I know I have it correctly set up, but for some reason it just doesn't work.

MomentOfInertia (post: 1465646) wrote:Go to tools menu click add-ons go to the plugins tab click 'find updates'(bottom right) you may have to allow mozila.com if you have NoScript or a similar program.

Does this help?

I'll try that cause I think I do have NoScript.

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Then you might just need to allow "http://www.christiananime.net"
MomentOfInertia

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Ah, I was about to ask if you had No Script ^^ Yeah, you'll have to allow CAA and also allow the whole page to?
Tsukuyomi

Postby Furen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:53 pm

it used to work for me, till that one day the site crashed for a few minutes, it's never worked since...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:51 pm

Furen (post: 1466318) wrote:it used to work for me, till that one day the site crashed for a few minutes, it's never worked since...

Have you cleared your cache since?
MomentOfInertia

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:23 am

firestorm (post: 1466040) wrote:well let's say I had the chat open and I opened up a new tab to look for something, the bip won't sound to let me know someone has said something in chat.

Yeah... This is kind of what I was getting at. Due to the way Firefox works, it's not always possible from something on a different tab to sound while you're in a different one. That was why I was wondering about whether it worked if it was the ONLY tab in the current window. You can check that by opening a new window, going to the chat, turning on the bip and then posting. You should hear it that way. In the back ground, maybe not so much. The way I get around that is to use the chat in a different browser entirely - on that I pretty much only use for that. Of course, if I forget to log out... >.>

>.<
Mithrandir

Return to Announcements and Feedback