Should I or Should I not...

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Should I or Should I not...

Postby firestorm » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:42 pm

Create a facebook fan page for caa.. i'm actually pretty good at that but i was wondering if it would bring in to many trolls. what do you think?
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Ante Bellum

Postby ADXC » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:36 pm

Yeah Fire, there already is one.
So you can join that one!

I do wish the group was more active though.
ADXC

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:32 pm

FYI, that CAA Facebook group is by no means official, and we're not even sure who made it. XD Just letting you guys know. XD

As far as making a CAA fan page goes...I don't really know why it'd be necessary! XD I'm part of only a small number of fan groups, though--basically, I only add the ones that will give me updates, like animation studios, musicians or some TV shows that have updates or links to interviews or something. XD I can't really imagine what might be on a CAA Facebook fanpage, so in my personal opinion, I think we'd be doing just as well without one. XD That's just me though!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ADXC » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Well, although not official, it is still the only CAA page on Facebook.

So why don't we just use it anyway?
ADXC

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Actually, this is the other CAA group on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204847437&ref=ts

And it was actually made by someone we at least know was a member of the site. XD Neither of these are fan pages, either way, but this one is at least slightly more legitimate than the other. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ADXC » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Oh XD I didn't know there was another one.

Well, if Ryan is one of the officers, maybe that's the legit one.

Oh I don't know XD

None of this really matters because as you said there isn't too much you can do with a Facebook group of a Forum that already is active on another site.

But Corrie, the main use of one is simply so one can add other CAA friends.
ADXC

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:59 pm

You say that like everyone on CAA is interested in CAA people on facebook knowing their real name and face.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ADXC » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Did I use a universal statement? Not everybody has to do it or wants to do it. I'm just talking for those who do.

I mean that the only real reason would be so that other CAA members could meet up easier and stuff.

Why can't we be friends on Facebook? Is there some kind of CAA law, "Thou shalt not create bonds outside of CAA"?
ADXC

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Mech said exactly what I was going to say. XD CAA doesn't really encourage meet-ups between younger members, because we've had a few instances in the past where members have met up without notifying their parents. Also, CAA and Facebook are not entirely private websites, and just because you might have good intentions when it comes to knowing who other CAA members are doesn't mean everyone else does.

Radical Dreamer

Postby ADXC » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Well, still, I don't think the idea is entirely bad.

Anyway whatever
ADXC

Postby Makachop^^128 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:48 pm

ADXC (post: 1414725) wrote:Yeah Fire, there already is one.
So you can join that one!

I do wish the group was more active though.

I wish it was more active too >.<
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:15 am

haha! WOW! I bet DoeJohnson (my friend in RL) made that page a LONG time ago too...bwhaha I'll have to ask her... good finding, Corrie!

But seriously, I'm not sure why CAA would need an FB page, all the fans are RIGHT here already! Posting and discussing...unless CAA does something completely amazing, then it's probably more redundant than anything.

ADXC, actually there are a LOT of parents who DO have that law in their household... I really didn't tell anyone what my real name was until I was in college, and even then I still don't hand it out unless I've conversed with a member for a long time...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:45 am

I think it's more of a prestige badge thing. You know, having a nifty CAA tidbit on your profile.
That's why I'd do something like that. Ooh, speaking of which, RD can I put CAA as one of my websites on FB?
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby ADXC » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Oh wait, I know the reason by it! So that your RL Facebook friends can view it on your profile(Of course you could tell them about it in RL, but you may have other friends that you don't talk to that often and they view this CAA profile and decide it's something they'd like to do.) and then they get interested and decide to go to CAA. Thus adding more members.

I dunno if this reason is valid, but it's the only real helpful one I can think of.

@ RC-I don't see a problem in posting it as one of your websites, but you may want to link it to your own CAA profile so that you can say that that part of CAA is yours. I mean I do it and I don't think any problems have arose from it. XD

And if CAA does get unsavory characters by these methods, then the Mods can just ban them if need be.
ADXC

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:17 pm

And if CAA does get unsavory characters by these methods, then the Mods can just ban them if need be.

I love that chain of logic. XD

Actually, I have only one RL friend who likes anime, no, make that two. Everyone else either just doesn't like it, or thinks it's borderline evil. o.o So, it'd actually be more of a, "Ha!" thing. And to see their faces when they read "Christian Anime Alliance" XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby ADXC » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:26 pm

XD Yeah true, but when you get more and more friends on FB, then there's more of a chance that there is someone among them that likes anime and may want to join such an organization.

I can call this an organization, can I? XD Because it sounds so cool.
ADXC

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:11 pm

I think the FB page is good....It can show your geeky friends that aren't Christians that not all Christians think that Anime is evil ya know?
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Furen » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:43 am

I think you should create a new one because of the old ones being so inactive as well as inactive users most likely there.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Okami » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:02 pm

Furen (post: 1415912) wrote:I think you should create a new one because of the old ones being so inactive as well as inactive users most likely there.

I have the feeling that if a new one were to be created, it would become inactive just like the ones that are there right now. All we need to do is take some steps to making what we've got active again. :)
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby ADXC » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:37 pm

@ Okami-You're right about that. I mean there have already been two groups of CAA so I doubt making another one would make it more active than the ones we already have.

To be honest though, I don't know how we could make either of those groups more active considering it's a FB group. And I really don't know what else we could do with that group that we couldn't just do here.
ADXC

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:36 am

Yeah, true I guess, maybe the theology stuff because we can't talk about that here. And on top of that adding each other as friends, but that's fine. If we ever get it active again that'd be cool.

Okami (post: 1416108) wrote:I have the feeling that if a new one were to be created, it would become inactive just like the ones that are there right now. All we need to do is take some steps to making what we've got active again. :)

Good point, but with us all fired up to keep it active it may also help as well as give us a fresh new start, and one of the 2 previous wasn't called CAA.

anyway I'm going to stop before I start rambling and start restating stuff.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ADXC » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:44 am

About the Theology debate stuff, I don't mean to discourage the idea, but I do think if we did keep the group active that we keep it to the same rules as CAA. It's only respect, that's all.
ADXC

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:32 pm

Yeah, true... oh well scratch my idea.
Furen

Postby Lilac#18 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:59 am

[color="Plum"]I don't know if this was mention before, but how about us members make a separate FB account with our user names from here and different profile pics like an avatar?[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:38 pm

How would that be different than just interacting here? Same names same faces... club with the same name?

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Lilac#18 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:56 pm

[color="Plum"]Never mind. Bad idea. Could a Mod please delete my posts.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Return to Announcements and Feedback