[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
New Oekaki board? - Page 2 - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

New Oekaki board?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Postby firestorm » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:46 pm

i agree I think that's a good system to start off from. Then mess with the numbers depending on what you guys think is best
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:52 am

What about images being put in an approval queue?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:04 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1404116) wrote:What about images being put in an approval queue?

Oekaki/Paintchat is usually drawn live in a chat type environment, with several other artists present and a chatroom type element. Part of the value is for multiple people to have influence on a canvas, or to be able to watch a drawing in progress. The live aspects of it are what require all the extra moderation, otherwise it'd just be... mspaint and a gallery system.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby airichan623 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:55 pm

I vote 100 posts, or 50 with mod approval. That far along, personalities and temperments are generally figured out (except maybe like that one mitsukilover guy than I'm thankful I've never met), so all trolls and "bad influence" members have been removed. By then, most perverts, net-stalkers, hentai/yaoi fans, and haters have revealed themselves.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Nate » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:13 pm

airichan623 wrote:By then, most perverts, net-stalkers, hentai/yaoi fans, and haters have revealed themselves.

I know I have.

Anyway I agree that x posts + x time on the board is probably the best system. Unlike the chat, which is a thing that most members want to use fairly quickly in order to meet new people, the oekaki board doesn't really let you meet people all that well, so having a minimum member time requirement works well in addition to the post count. That way you don't get people spamming up the boards just to get into the oekaki.

50 posts seems a little harsh though. 20 or 25 might work better, depending on the minimum time requirement (50 posts and 1 month would still be almost 2 posts a day, not everyone is quite that active, that's pretty high involvement honestly).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby firestorm » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Nate (post: 1404847) wrote:I know I have.

Anyway I agree that x posts + x time on the board is probably the best system. Unlike the chat, which is a thing that most members want to use fairly quickly in order to meet new people, the oekaki board doesn't really let you meet people all that well, so having a minimum member time requirement works well in addition to the post count. That way you don't get people spamming up the boards just to get into the oekaki.

50 posts seems a little harsh though. 20 or 25 might work better, depending on the minimum time requirement (50 posts and 1 month would still be almost 2 posts a day, not everyone is quite that active, that's pretty high involvement honestly).

maybe 25 with mod approval but I agree with airichan 50 or 100 without mod approval would be good. You don't want give those guys an inch if you don't have to. You don't want to have problems come up cause of it.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Nate » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:39 pm

50 or 100 without mod approval would probably work, since anyone trying to spam the boards enough to get 50 or 100 posts in like two days would probably have most of their posts deleted and warned not to spam.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Ooooh
this is a very exciting proposition! I hope it happens! I'd love to have a good oekaki board to draw with other caa members on! :D
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby firestorm » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:06 pm

still wondering if there has been any progress on this or not. I wold really love to see this go through as I can see this being used for many different fun features on the site. How is it going?

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:29 pm

I think this will take a while for it to become reality, Firestorm. Be patient! :) The mods do work really hard on other parts of the site.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Ummm, yummy yummy pasta :3~~~

It's on a list for upcoming updates ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:45 am

yay! :D
Shao Feng-Li

Previous

Return to Announcements and Feedback