A Prayer sticky thread?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

A Prayer sticky thread?

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:36 pm

[SIZE="1"]
I just thought it would be nice if there was a sticky Prayer thread, where members could post a list of their current prayers. This would be great, especially for the users who do have prayer request, but who don't feel the need to post an entire thread dedicated to so. ^^ This might also remind everyone we can ask God to help us in the little problems, as well as the huge ones. :3

If this doesn't make any sense, I can elaborate. I have a horrible time explaining things. >w< Anyway, it's just an idea! Thankies ~ [color="Indigo"]<3[/color][/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:21 pm

[SIZE="1"]
Obviously, prayer is not important to you people.

The next time I get an "idea", I'll try writing on a bathroom wall. Doing so should at least get some feedback. X3[/SIZE]
Song_of_Storms

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:29 pm

We've had an entire board dedicated to prayer since 2003.

Right. Here.
Fish and Chips

Postby goldenspines » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:44 pm

I personally didn't respond to this thread because I wasn't sure how to respond, but I'll see if I can put some input into this if you so insist.

I think the idea has its strong points and would probably work well in some cases. The only downside that keeps me from wanting to pursue this particular idea is a major lack of organization. While people can post their most recent requests in this one prayer thread, with almost every member that needs prayer posting in there, it can get a bit jumbled up and a lot of the prayer requests may go unnoticed. Plus, with all the people most likely posting "praying for you" posts in the thread, a lot of the requests will get lost in the posts as well.

Therefore, after my long winded and confusing explanation, sticking with the system we have already (for members to make their own prayer threads in the Prayer Request section, that FishandChips linked) is the most organized and easiest way to have prayer requests and individual attention given to each member.

I'd have to see what everyone else thought, but that's just my view on the matter.

Also, writing stuff on bathroom walls is not the best way to get noticed. D:
goldenspines

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:04 pm

I take it you mean kind of like a reminder thread for prayers request that have already been made ^__^?

This could work,but it'll take away from the overall Prayer Room section ^__^ I also fear that prayers will be lost in the thread and people will get upset if they're prayers aren't replied to ^__^;

If this does get more feedback, I would suggest a trial run of the thread to see if it takes off. Then, later, it can be decided on if it should be stickied or not ^^ How does that sound to you guys ^__^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Straylight » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:54 pm

I think goldenspines is right about this. Having lots of requests in one big thread would probably make it much harder to keep track of things.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:17 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with Goldenspines and Straylight--having one thread for all prayer requests defeats the purpose of having an entire forum dedicated to the very subject. We have a stickied thread for mature prayer requests only because of the content involved, not because we had a consolidation problem. Not having a thread for all "small" prayer requests actually ought to encourage others that no prayer request is too small, and each member ought to have the right to create a thread for whatever prayer request they might have.

Either way, thank you for the suggestion! We simply feel like CAA's current system of handling prayer requests works just fine already, so why fix something if it isn't broken?
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ADXC » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:26 pm

To me a whole thread dedicated to prayer requests would get very confusing very fast. This prayer thread would not be like the "What anime are you watching?" thread. In that thread, people don't care if anyone wants to respond to what each other is watching. But in a thread of prayer, everyone that posted would definitely not get the prayers and attention each issue deserved.
ADXC

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:35 pm

[SIZE="1"]

Fine. It was just an idea, anyway.
[/SIZE]
Song_of_Storms

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:58 pm

Sadly, I cannot agree with this idea either due to poor organization. Sorry. :(
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:16 am

For the sake of repetitiveness,and things being resolved, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Return to Announcements and Feedback