SOTW Contest ^__^

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

SOTW Contest ^__^

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:58 am

I haven't seen one here yet, and thought it would be a good idea ^____^ I've been messing around with Phtotoshop and I'm sure there's a few others on here as well who might enjoy a Signature Of The Week Contest here ^^

Thoughts and opinions ^^?

-The size limit can be the CAA sig pic limit of 500X100 (I think it was) and also has to follow the other CAA image rules ^^

-Participants can't vote for themselves (if they choose to vote.. don't see why they wouldn't) ^^

-Participants can be allowed to change their entries at anytime before the deadline (if you guys choose to) ^^

-Participants must disable their signatures (if it's an image.. it cuts down on confusion...) ^^

Some other rules as well.. I can't think of anymore.. It's basicallly 4:00am (lol) X_X
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Peanut » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:24 am

This is a really good idea. I probably won't participate in it, but I'd enjoy watching it from the "stands."
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby goldenspines » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:19 am

This looks like an interesting idea. Though, if it did happen, I personally would be more inclined to put it off until after finals week (tentatively). Since it's hard to find the time to make anything that's not school related until after the semester. XD

Obviously, not everyone on CAA is in school and actually has free time (maybe? XD; ). I'd be interested to see how many participants this idea would get.

Don't look at me to get this going though. I already set up the manga contest. XDD;
goldenspines

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:46 am

*Squishes Goldy* Heehee, silly :hug:

I'm a part of two SOTW contest at two other sites, and they're pretty fun ^^ Sometimes, the themes are too hard to work with, so I just kinda wait until the next one rolls around, but they attract a good amount of activity amongst sites ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:02 pm

Oh yeah, I think SOTW contests would be good to have. It's way easier to whip out a 500x100 sig than a five+ page manga, so you might get a decent number of entries.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby GeneD » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:54 am

I'd love to take part too! XD

Would we post our entries in our sigs? I don't really understand this rule:
-Participants must disable their signatures (if it's an image.. it cuts down on confusion...) ^^
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:47 pm

GeneD (post: 1358668) wrote:I'd love to take part too! XD

Would we post our entries in our sigs? I don't really understand this rule:

We can post the signatures in the thread announcing the theme ^__^ This way, having all entries on one page will cut down on confusion to where to find all the entries ^^

There aren't too many members with pics in their signatures, but there are a few ^^

As for the disabling your original sig, would help cut down on the barrages of images on the entry page ^^

Not a lot of us have sig pics, but there are a few of us and some may get the entries confused with an actual signature ^^

Hope that made sense :D
Tsukuyomi

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:33 pm

I know some sites keep the sigs anonymous and you don't put your name in the sig. The sigs are sent to the people running the contest who put them up and then they're polled. Helps keep down popularity votes.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:54 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1358772) wrote:I know some sites keep the sigs anonymous and you don't put your name in the sig. The sigs are sent to the people running the contest who put them up and then they're polled. Helps keep down popularity votes.

That's also a good idea ^__^ That was actually one of the worries with these contest :-?

I don't know how to post anonymous though.. xDDD;;;
Tsukuyomi

Postby GeneD » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:17 am

Tsukuyomi (post: 1358701) wrote:Hope that made sense :D
Yes thanks, it does.

[quote="Tsukuyomi (post: 1358773)"]That's also a good idea ^__^ That was actually one of the worries with these contest :-?

I don't know how to post anonymous though.. xDDD]Anonymous sigs are a good idea. I think what Shao means is that the people who make the sigs upload them to photobucket or imageshack or whatever and then send the links to the people running the contest, who can post them all in one post/thread.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:19 am

GeneD got it XD I'm not very good at explaining, :D
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:39 pm

That works too ^__^ I think there's a way to post anonymous anyway, but that way works too ^__^

NOTE: Votes will not count until the voter gives a reason why they voted for said entry ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 am

This looks like a FUN idea!

What would happen with the winning entry though? I am a bit a confused...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:26 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1360404) wrote:This looks like a FUN idea!

What would happen with the winning entry though? I am a bit a confused...

Actually, I'm not really sure ^__^]Rules[/B]
1. Entries must be created by the submitter and not by another.

2. Signature sizes must be in within the signature size limit of the forum unless specified differently.

3. Entries must be in relation to that week's theme. If not, the entry will be disqualified.

4. You may not vote for yourself.

5. You may change you entry anytime before the submission period is still active.

6. Once the submission period is over, no other signatures will be excepted (unless the deadline has been extended).

7. If you already have an image in/as your signature, please disable it.

Hmmm, those were kind of worded weird XDDD Any other rules/ideas are welcomed ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Return to Announcements and Feedback