The End Is Here

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

The End Is Here

Postby Ashley » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:31 am

(Yes, I'm hoping to soften the blow by referencing Five Iron)

In August 2001, I had this crazy idea: to create a place for other Christian anime fans to come together, hang out, and have fun on the Internet in ways that wouldn't compromise our Christian beliefs.

8 years later, and this place has grown beyond anything I could have ever imagined. And just as the site has grown, so have I. I am such a different person now at 22 than I was at 15. I'm a different denomination, I've been through high school and college, and now I'm embarking on that great adventure called marriage. I've had a lot of friends come and go, and I've had the opportunity to travel around the country and around the world. In fact, I'd daresay that liking anime and my relationship to Christ are the only two things that haven't changed in all these years.

As my life moves forward into adulthood, I am realizing more and more that my time here at CAA has been on a slow decline, and I've known for a while that the end was near. But now, here it is. I am stepping down from my admin status, and turning over the head leadership position to Mithrandir. For many, many years he has proven himself to be a faithful, invaluable, essential part of the CAA machine. He has performed an often thankless job, sacrificing time and more money than I ever could have afforded to, and has more than once shown a maturity and a calm-head in difficult situations. It is qualities like this that assure me he will keep CAA running for many years to come, and I'm sure the changes he brings will be good ones.

The last thing a good leader can do is know when to quit. Clinging to a title when the efficacy has long since left does no one any good; rather, it stifles and stagnates and brings a death of spirit. I care about CAA far, far too much to let that happen, and so this change has to happen. I have so many memories wrapped up here: like when I first saw a Google map of our users and realized people in other continents knew who I was, the friendship that seemed so unshakable among me and the Mainer mods, speaking at OniCon, the "Ash Wednesday" before thanksgiving where everyone on the forum changed their avatar to match mine and posted about how thankful they were for me--that will be something I never forget.

I initially thought that I was giving something to others by starting a place like this, by dedicating my time after school and after homework to maintaining the place and keeping it going. But it turns out CAA has actually given far more to me: a husband, many good friends, and even more good memories.

I will still be around, just in a diminished way. I'll demote myself to an occasional mod, and still help out when I can, but this way I can enjoy CAA much more and with a lot less pressure. Of course, seeing Nick every day means I won't be totally out of the loop, too. No, it won't be the same, but it won't be for the worse either.

To all of you, from the earliest member (I think that honor goes to you, ShiroiHikari) to the ones that join today, thank you for giving me such great memories. You are the reason CAA exists today, and you are it's future.
Ashley

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:36 am

You've done wonderful things with this place, Ashley. Best of luck to you in your endeavors.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Peanut » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:44 am

Thanks for everything Ashley and best of luck to you.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:56 am

Godspeed, Ash. Too many of us would not be the people we are today without a place like this. You do what you have to do, but it's good you'll still come around once in awhile.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ADXC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:58 am

Wow, yes Ashley you have done well in making this place and I hope that your marriage lasts for as long as you guys live!

Have a great life!
ADXC

Postby Mr. Rogers » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:16 am

Thanks for everything you've done.
Mr. Rogers

Postby goldenspines » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:12 am

LadyRushia (post: 1351425) wrote:Godspeed, Ash. Too many of us would not be the people we are today without a place like this. You do what you have to do, but it's good you'll still come around once in awhile.

I echo this statement.
CAA has changed so many people in positive ways (myself included). So, thank you for creating this site and making it thrive in ways probably you never imagined. ^__^
I wish you the best of luck to wherever God leads you in your life. :3
goldenspines

Postby rocklobster » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:51 am

:waah!::waah!::waah!::waah!::waah!::waah!::waah!::waah!::waah!::waah!:

I'm going to miss you, Ash. Just don't be a stranger. you and Nick will always be in my prayers.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:46 am

Ahhh, I remember the days:

http://www.christiananime.net/showpost.php?p=36406&postcount=45

Granted I showed up about a year later, haha.

God Bless you on your future endeavors, which is the continuation of life. =)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:01 pm

We cannot thank you enough for your commitment and goodwill.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:20 pm

Thanks so much, Ashley, for putting so much effort and dedication into this site! It's really been beneficial for so many people, myself included. I can't imagine where I would be without the amazing friends that I wouldn't have met without this place! I'm glad you'll be sticking around as a mod, though! Thanks again for all the work you've done in the past to keep this site running!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:22 pm

*bows*
Good luck to you, and thank you both for what you've done!
Ante Bellum

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:34 pm

I'm afraid I can't say I've had a lot of familiarity with Ashley, and I can't exactly guarantee what few experience I had have all been on good terms (though most of them have been). However, she inspired this site, and brought all of us together, and so in that sense I owe her a sizable debt of gratitude. She has been a veritable source of amiability and earnest in all things.

Thank you Ashley, and godspeed in your future endeavors.
Fish and Chips

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:57 pm

Thank you so much for creating this Ashley! I owe a lot to you for doing this, and I hope all goes well with your marriage in life. I can't say I've had the pleasure of really getting to know you, but for this alone you are a person of whom I deeply respect and have great gratitude towards.

I really hope you have a wonderful life, I know you've made mine much better.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Hey, even though I haven't been here as long as the rest of you, I still appreciate the great community we have here. Thank you, Ashley, for making such a great site, and God bless you in your marriage and in whatever else you've got coming your way! It's a shame I couldn't get to know you while you were active, but, hey, we've got forever to do that. (No, really, we do.)

Anyway, enjoy life after CAA!
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Thank you for all the time and energy you have put into the community over the last 8 years. As has been said repeatedly, this ministry has been a huge blessing to many of us. I pray that God will continue to use you to bless others as you enter into new phases of life.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:40 pm

*Hugs* Without you, I wouldn't have met so many I hold dear to me today ^___^ I know we haven't spoken that much, but it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope we can keep in touch by other means ^^

Every since I've joined (Augest 9th I believe. Active, but at the same time not), I've always heard great things about you ^^ I wish you the best of luck with everything and drop by once in a while, kk ^___^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Cap'n Nick » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks for everything, from the man who's gotten more out of this site than anybody, ever.
Cap'n Nick

Postby shooraijin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Well, speaking personally, I know the site is in good hands, and I promise not to spill any Coke on the box when I'm up there.

Best of luck, Nick and Ashley, and thanks for everything.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Anystazya » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Awww, I haven't had the chance to really get to know you very well, Ashley, but I can see that you were very much appreciated and an extremely wonderful person. I really do love this place, and I've earned myself a bunch of good friends through here, so I'm very grateful to you. May God bless you for ever and ever. ^^
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Glad to see that you'd still be around Ashley...you're just as cool as I am...well...I have been described as shy so let's go with that and "notorious lurker" hahahahaha

Best wishes to you.
Psycho Molos

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Miss Ashley,

It is a true pain to see you leave us; you have been such a concrete, perhaps the concrete figure of our wonderful community. It is quite understated to say the least that you will be missed. You are so dear to all of our hearts. Although you are notorius for so many great qualities, you are best known for your extreme dedication, compassion, and love. There are no ways to thank you for such kindness, which has been delayed. I wish you the best, and will always have a fond, high respect for the amazing person that you are.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby ich1990 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Hear, hear! That was a fine exit speech, Ashley. While I am afraid I never got the chance to know you very well, I have had a enjoyable time reading your book blog and assorted CAA posts.

I owe you a debt of gratitude for starting this site which has become a daily part of my life. I wish you many successful endeavors, most especially your marriage.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:18 pm

Psycho Molos (post: 1351531) wrote:Glad to see that you'd still be around Ashley...you're just as cool as I am...well...I have been described as shy so let's go with that and "notorious lurker" hahahahaha

Best wishes to you.

Lol, lurker indeed XDD I've been here since 04 and have never met you either ;___;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:23 pm

*cry* thank you! for every thing!
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Saint Kevin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Ash,

Even in this, you demonstrate a maturity beyond your years, as you've always seemed to have. I'm still praying for you and Nick, and I know that you'll both go on to do wonderful work for the Kingdom, no matter how plans may change.

Don't be discouraged when plans change - because of the pain, confusion, soul-searching, and heartfelt crying out to God that result. In all of this, God purifies our motives and makes us humble and teachable - and makes us more useful to Him than we would ever have been if we'd gotten our plans on our time in our way.

That said, I pray that God reveals His perfect will for your lives, not just as a long-term "where will we be in five years?" kind of way, but in a "who do you have for us to serve this day, and how?" kind of way.

It's my prayer for all of the saints here on CAA who've come and stayed as well as come and gone. We'll all meet someday, and all thank God for His faithfulness in using a humble girl for His glory through a modest forum.

Even more though, I know that God's best for you is yet to come, and I can't wait to see it, even if it's at a distance in the occasional blog entry or forum post.

You've always been a source of encouragement to me every time I've had the pleasure of talking with you, so I wanted to return the favor in some small way by posting this here.

God is faithful, He is on His throne planning amazing things for you and Nick, and He will finish the good work that He has begun in you. Trust in Him, His promises, and His faithfulness, no matter the delays, detours, distractions, temptations, and discouragements that may come.

He is faithful - to Him be the glory.

I thank God for you and for the rest of the saints here who've been a great encouragement and blessing to me, just in seeking God and relying on Him through whatever comes, and in being warriors in prayer.

Thank you Lord for Ash, Nick, and the rest of the mods and members here that I've gotten to know even a little over the years. For them, for the believers here I've yet to meet, and for myself:

Bless us, protect us, instruct us, humble us, sanctify and purify us, and give us Your strength, courage, and grace to take Your love and good news to those who don't know You - in our families, workplaces, hobbies, churches, and along our way.

We praise you Lord, and give you all the glory.

Amen.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Thank you Ashley for all of the hard work that you put into this place and help many of use find a place to talk about Christ and anime all in one place.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:12 pm

Even though I don't know you, thank you for creating this site. Without this site, I've never would of known there were christian anime fans.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Aww Ash, thank you so much for all that you have done for CAA, thank you for having the vision to start such a wonderful place for us to hang out and discuss our love for Christ and anime. It's a great haven for us to hang out...

I'm excited for you! I'm excited that all you're going to accomplish and for your marriage!

Love you Ashley. And thanks. You guys will be in my prayers.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:19 am

In honor of this changing of the guard, I have decided to join MOES. I've even shortened my signature!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Next

Return to Announcements and Feedback