[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
"Christian anime" FAQ? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

"Christian anime" FAQ?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

"Christian anime" FAQ?

Postby Debitt » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:22 pm

I was wondering if it would be productive to have a stickied topic in the anime subforum -- something that addresses common questions like "are there Christian anime/manga", "why aren't there more Christian anime", etc. It's a subject that seems to be of interest to newer members, or newer fans of anime, and I'm sure most people have noticed that topics asking those questions get posted fairly often. I think it would be a good reference for a number of people, both visitors and members alike. :thumb:

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:03 pm

I am so glad you posted this, because I had the same thought today. XD It's a great idea, we'll see what we can do!

Done!

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=53242
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ADXC » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:35 pm

ThankYou,Corrie!You've MadeMy Day!!!
ADXC

Postby Debitt » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:15 pm

*-* Hooray~! Succinct and very well written!

Debitt

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:33 pm

I wonder if you should post about the anime that is in the works that are Christian inspired?

Like the remake of the Jesus Movie that is being made that is at the very least, inspired by anime?

OR that LightBringers anime that is being made by Brethren entertainment and the company that created Digimon?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Sanji07 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:43 pm

This is a great idea! Thanks for posting it. ^_^
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Servant of: Hypersocks-the leader of extrolling hyperness! ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:20 pm

It's about time the staff addressed this question. Maybe now the questioning will cease.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:52 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Debs! And thank you Corrie for going through the time to make the thread for this FAQ. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby Kaligraphic » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Q: Is there any such thing as Christian anime?

A: No. All anime is evil and will condemn you to hell. It is even worse if you watch some. You will burst into flames instantly if you enjoy it.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Debitt » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:44 pm

Kaligraphic (post: 1330359) wrote:A: No. All anime is evil and will condemn you to hell. It is even worse if you watch some. You will burst into flames instantly if you enjoy it.

So you mean that smell of burnt hair is me? :[ I knew something was amiss.

Debitt

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:20 am

Yes. I have to tell people I smoke cigarettes as cover, but the smoke is really from anime.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Arya Raiin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:20 pm

I was thinking about the "Christian Anime" Thing today. 'Cause there really doesn't seem like eh... much christian Anime. XD You stopped me from asking one more question. By the way, my hair is smoldering... have I been enjoying anime?! Oh no!
Arya Raiin

Postby Riggidig » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Kaligraphic wrote:Yes. I have to tell people I smoke cigarettes as cover, but the smoke is really from anime.

It burns, IT BURNS!

*stopdroproll*
*stopdroproll*
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby DignifiedSoul » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:44 am

Actually I just recently started watching anime a few months ago.It saddens me how most anime is...well inappropriate.I'm 13 so hey..I'm kind of picky on what I watch.I don't like anything pervy.But I'm glad there are still good anime shows out there.I was wondering the same thing a few days ago.The reason why I found this website was because I googled "Christian Anime" And what do you know?I find CAA LOL!It's a really cool website ^_^
[font="Century Gothic"][color="YellowGreen"]When you fall in love with Jesus,you fall out of love with the world - Ron Luce[/color][/font]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"][font="Arial"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color][/font][color="DarkOrchid"] [font="Comic Sans MS"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font][/font] :jump:
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Pink"]"We love because God loved us first." 1 John 4:19 NIV[/color][/font]
http://dignifiedsoul.blogspot.com
[color="PaleGreen"]"Proud member of [color="PaleGreen"]MOES[/color]!"[/color]
DignifiedSoul

Postby Riggidig » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:39 am

DignifiedSoul wrote:Actually I just recently started watching anime a few months ago.It saddens me how most anime is...well inappropriate.I'm 13 so hey..I'm kind of picky on what I watch.I don't like anything pervy.But I'm glad there are still good anime shows out there.I was wondering the same thing a few days ago.The reason why I found this website was because I googled "Christian Anime" And what do you know?I find CAA LOL!It's a really cool website ^_^

I know what you mean. I bought Project A KO the other day, mostly because I heard it was such a good movie. The age restriction was only 10 for violence and language, so I thought it was cool. Imagine my surprise at TWO scenes where you can clearly see a female's breasts O__O I mean, WHY?

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:41 am

Really 10+? In America that would get at least an 18+
Yamamaya

Postby DignifiedSoul » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:43 am

*sigh* how crazy... XP
[font="Century Gothic"][color="YellowGreen"]When you fall in love with Jesus,you fall out of love with the world - Ron Luce[/color][/font]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"][font="Arial"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color][/font][color="DarkOrchid"] [font="Comic Sans MS"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font][/font] :jump:
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Pink"]"We love because God loved us first." 1 John 4:19 NIV[/color][/font]
DignifiedSoul

Postby Arya Raiin » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:24 pm

It seems like Manga is the only semi-decent rated thing, but even then stuff like that is in them. I have an idea... what if CAA did a christian anime? I have a tool called pencil you can use to animate! Though maybe I should post this in the "New Project ideas" and not here though. Let me know if any of you think this might be a good Idea!
Arya Raiin

Postby Riggidig » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Yamamaya wrote:Really 10+? In America that would get at least an 18+

18? Isn't that a little extravagant? With breasts showing (both times for a couple of seconds) I would have AT LEAST expected a PG13 rating. Also, that they didn't warn of any nudity on the front cover still boggles my mind...

Riggidig

Postby DignifiedSoul » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Arya Raiin (post: 1339281) wrote:It seems like Manga is the only semi-decent rated thing, but even then stuff like that is in them. I have an idea... what if CAA did a christian anime? I have a tool called pencil you can use to animate! Though maybe I should post this in the "New Project ideas" and not here though. Let me know if any of you think this might be a good Idea!

I think that's a great idea!You should go for it! :thumb: It saddens me how there are barely any christian anime out there. :shake:
DignifiedSoul

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:25 am

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *glomps the whole CAA site* YES!!!! AND I LOVE YOUR IDEA ALSO!!!!
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby thisiskris89 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:25 pm

a while back i have no idea of the channel,there was this anime version of the ten commandments...im not even kidding!it was hilarious!><
i guess it was anime bible stories thingy!
i float like a cloud and sting like a paper cut!:thumb:
thisiskris89

true

Postby KupoTony » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 pm

:drool:We own a Bible teaching video,made by Japan,the Anime is of the first kind like that of Saint Seiya,is short though.
It's odd how most of Anime contain uncensored material,and witchcraft,or any kind of magic,and things like Muramasa(demon blade),or something
That's why christian people on the field of developing cartoons like Veggitales need to be supported and told that we need at least One Christian Anime series............sniffs..
[color="Blue"]
[/color]The Divine Trinity of Holiness:
Love.
Righteousness.
Justice.
Both in series and paralleled,Tangeable,Independant of Itself,but dependable to each other.
KupoTony

Postby WhiteMage212 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Maybe in the new ideas thread or something, we could all post anime ideas. btw, i was curious that maybe a fashion thread should be started? make one for fashion and one for cosplay. I don't know, that idea just poped out of my head.
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:21 pm

WhiteMage212 (post: 1350878) wrote:Maybe in the new ideas thread or something, we could all post anime ideas. btw, i was curious that maybe a fashion thread should be started? make one for fashion and one for cosplay. I don't know, that idea just poped out of my head.

I think your post here may be out of place! This is a thread asking for a "Christian anime" FAQ, and it's already been taken care of. However, if you have more suggestions, feel free to drop them in the Comment Box (that's the forum you found this thread in) by making a new thread! For now, I think I'll lock this one; it's run its course, been answered, and doesn't really need any more discussion.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Return to Announcements and Feedback