Could we have an advertisement forum?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Could we have an advertisement forum?

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:16 am

A section where people could advertise stuff they sell. Ebay auctions, cafepress and lulu stores, whatever... Maybe they run a T-shirt company. There's already "merchandise" but that's for CAA merchandise. I'm talking people's own stuff they have to sell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:46 am

I think it is a nice idea, provided that the ones who are selling are regular members and gains the mod's permission to make the thread in the sellers corner or whatever we are going to call it.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby goldenspines » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:29 am

I'm inclined to say no to this one. Just because keeping it under tabs would be too complicated since not everyone in the internet is trustworthy. Plus, I don't think we want CAA to become a marketplace or something. :\
goldenspines

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:54 am

Trufax. Even if we imposed an age limit or hide the area from non-members, people can still lie to get information from people.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:44 am

I think someone pitched this very idea a while back, but with trades and sales :-?

It also got an no due to giving out personal information and whatnot. Like Goldy said, some out there aren't very trustworthy.. It's a HUGE liability (right word?) factor for CAA... a huge responsibility.

Or, did you just mean a place to link (and list if you want) to ebay for stuff you're looking to sell,"I looking to sell this this and this. Here's a link to my ebay page."? Maybe, the links section is good enough for that ^^ Then, if anyone is interested, they can go through whatever is necessary at ebay to make the purchase, but no actual transactions through CAA (unless something is being done over PM. Even still, things can be bad. It's best to ask a mod/admin about this as well) ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Ashley » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:00 pm

I'd like to make a quick clarification here. I can see how my own thread in the General forum would easily be mistaken for a double-standard.

The difference is I am, as one mod put it, "reliable and in charge and well-known." It's not some random listing from a random member, and I'm not asking for anyone's addresses to be posted anywhere someone potentially dangerous could get to them.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up in case there were any unspoken thoughts about it.
Ashley

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:15 pm

Ashley (post: 1323116) wrote:Anyway, just wanted to clear that up in case there were any unspoken thoughts about it.

Nah, you did tell us to contact you via PM if any of us was interested ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:57 am

I don't want to strike this down immediately. There may be some options we should look at. Maybe if it's a link to a sale somewhere else, and it's non-public... Hmm... Let me think about this for a bit.
Mithrandir

Return to Announcements and Feedback