Little avitars an CAA

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Little avitars an CAA

Postby Veru » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:51 am

i just had an idea what if we had little chibis for avitars kinda like gaia online but nothing crazy with gold just something simplel i think it would be fun i mean if we could we could atract even moremembers and even a sponser(dream) i mean somthing can be reached i mean if we can get the body down on a pait/flashplayer we can draw and scan our own clothers and stuf someonre with good progams like this can give it a try and exsperement with it then post a link and put those programs on the CAA website so people dont hvae to upload it to use it. this could be a huge breack !!!!!!:lol:
when life gives u lemons squrit it into someones eyes and haul butt like never b4
Veru

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:09 am

Moved to Comments.

I don't know how easy or hard or desirable that would be. You'd have to ask Mith about it.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby goldenspines » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:54 am

In my own personal opinion, those type of avatars are too simple and boring, and if anything, a step into the past. The gaiaonline type avatars, that is. They all have the same pose and I can't say I'm a big fan of pixel art either.
I find it much more creative and personal to each member to have their own avatar as they are set up now.

I'm not sure how hard your idea would be to set up on the site either, but I don't think we'd want this feature just to attract more new members or even a sponser (plus, most sponsers are often too hard to deal with unless you really need them).
goldenspines

Postby Midori » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:49 am

You can always make your own and put it in your avatar/sig. :)
Midori

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:31 am

1. Get pixel avatars
2. ????
3. Profit!!

I don't really see the point of it. We already have avatars, and if you want yours to be made out of pixels, by all means, upload one of your choosing that fits our size guidelines.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:34 am

You could always export your Gaia avatar and use it on here. XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby animewarrior » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:18 am

I like my endless collection of Kadaj avatars personally. If you want an avatar (Gaia style) then like ShiroiHikari said export yours ^^.
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 am

I actually did that with one of my dream avatars that I made ^ ^ All you have to do is save it on your computer and then upload it as an avatar ^^

This, like Goldy has said, it's kinda plain and a bit too simple ^^; We all have our own taste and having chibies with the same pose and whatnot doesn't let us express it ^^ It actually limits us.. alot.
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:1. Get pixel avatars
2. ????
3. Profit!!

I lol'd.

Also, I think everyone else is right. People like being able to chose their favorite anime characters, or their favorite whatevers, as avatars. I don't see how pixel avatars would get us more new members anyway.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ADXC » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:25 pm

I do like my Detective Gumshoe avatars.
ADXC

Postby Peanut » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:36 pm

Retro avatars are better...

It's not a bad idea, however I agree with goldenspines and everyone else that's said the same thing in this thread...I'd much rather have original, unique avatars for each member then avatars that are all similar in some way. Plus it would probably be a nightmare for Mith to implement it...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:59 pm

The only thing I'd like to see is the ability to add in animated avatars being brought back... I have one only because I put it in before the ability was removed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Robin Firedrake » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:14 pm

It would be rather neat but not if it took away the ability to use custom avatars.
Robin Firedrake

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:23 am

This would be terrible for implementation.

Someone would have to sit down and make the avatar bases, some base clothes, hairstyles, then program a selection program (if you really wanted a gaia-type one that you could change the clothes out on), and code the avatars to work on every section of CAA. Adding custom material would be a pain, as well. The only reason it works on gaia is that the site was practically built around that system and has a dedicated development and art team for it. That gets paid.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Veru » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:30 am

well i was really tierd when i posted this and i really didnt think it through but me with out hardly any devieces to my computer(ive got speackers!) im limeted but thanks any way for replys!
when life gives u lemons squrit it into someones eyes and haul butt like never b4
Veru

Postby Amzi Live » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:27 pm

Veru (post: 1321015) wrote:well i was really tierd when i posted this and i really didnt think it through but me with out hardly any devieces to my computer(ive got speackers!) im limeted but thanks any way for replys!

I follow ya dude. LOL plus the being tired does stuff to you. I know xP

Personally you're post reminded me of when I first joined. I used to have these grand ideas of CAA's potential,and what it could become. ^^ It's become a sort of haven,and it's impressive watching how many people call it home,and their fellow members family. I include myself in that group. CAA has helped so many people with the anime reviws,and some have even found great Christian friends who have somehow become as close as those whom one is with everyday at school or wherever. It has done so much,but I just forgot to see how amazing it already was.
To be honest I still believe that it could grow and branch out to something more,but if it's God's will to expand CAA; make it something more than what it's become (which is totally great as it is right now) I am certain that if there are people who are able,and will get it done with God's help,and guidance is the CAA staff,and it's members(dedicated members).
Who knows...the thing that makes Christian Anime Alliance,CAA is it's members,and I've grown with their help,and I've been inspired by what I've found in it's virtual halls. A day may come when the people who we've knows might do amazing things because of what they were able to obtain from here.
Anyways, I'll finish cause I'm starting to make no sense whatsoever,and I've lost the tread of what I started. Take what you will,and don't stop bringing ideas to the table. I for one am excited to find even small changes on the forum like a few days ago when Mith added the new option for viewing people in the chat room. :thumb:
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby Veru » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:03 pm

oi this thread got people jumpy i just whanna know were people get moveing avitars XD now if any olne has a problemc with this idea u can erase the thread(or gang up on someone to get ur point across...)
Veru

Return to Announcements and Feedback